Party to go to

BikiniBody2013

Hi

I am on day 2 and doing good so far.
I have a party to go up next week and I'm wondering what snacks would be ok to eat at the buffet if I can't resist!!
Don't want to bring myself out of ketosis!

Thanks
Gemma

The only thing that would be ok would be cooked chicken or raw veggies. It may be better to take a bar with you and eat that instead.

I hope I can just stay away as I will make sure I have my meals first.
I will stick with cooked meats if I'm desperate hope I can hold out though x

It's your choice. I went to lots of buffets and restaurants when I was on 4 packs a day with no veg or meat. I just took a bar along and ate that instead. I still had a great time at the parties and meals. I learnt that what I enjoy at these events isn't actually the food but the event itself. If you're feeling weak then don't go up to the food table - don't lookk at what's there. While other people are eating have a pack of your own - a bar is easiest to carry but a shake could be done instead.

Wow....thats great will power! I am starting a new job on Monday and keen to fit in but dont want to break my diet either!

I agree with Weasey best to have a bar as easy to carry and hide if you don't want to attract attention. Having been in that situation before I had my bar in my handbag and when I really felt tempted towards food at buffet table I slipped away and took a nibble at my bar! Managed to make it last a while! Also kept sure I had sparkling mineral water in my hand as a tool to remind me to restrain. It can be done, it isn't easy but it is possible especially if I managed to do it! The way I am looking at the next few weeks is to get through January first and either avoid social situations where there is food and I may be tempted. Or prepare myself mentally like I did in September when I managed to stick to S&S for several weeks. The mental preparation is key I found. Again hard but if it can be done.

have you tried to the "white wine" - I have just ordered....I am hoping to have it hand for social events.....I am trying to avoid the situations where you have to answer why you dont have a wine in your hand ( suppose its why I need to take drastic action on my weight now.....far too many casual glasses over vino and yummy nibbles....)

Thank you. I think I will just stay away and take my bar with me and drink lots of water.
I know I will only want it coz its there not coz I'm actually hungry x

I think you just have to learn to say no. It really is that simple drink water and just tell people you ate earlier or you will hit the buffet a bit later. Remember why you want to lose weight and if eating from a party buffet knocks you out of ketosis you need to start all over again. This diet is not like other diets where you can make up for indulgence over the next few days unfortunately it doesn't work like that. You are always going to have parties and events that may be tricky you just have to work around them

It's amazing how little people notice about how much you eat. We might say to ourselves that we need to eat to fit in but people rarely seem to notice when I don't have anything.

I started my new job this week....and have had my soup (like a cuppa soup) and porridge and nobody even noticed for commented.....that's so true...nobody really cares about what I am eating or not....cant think now why it was such an issue LOL....

Glad it worked out well Bea!

Thanks hun :)

Hi

I am on day 2 and doing good so far.
I have a party to go up next week and I'm wondering what snacks would be ok to eat at the buffet if I can't resist!!
Don't want to bring myself out of ketosis!

Thanks
Gemma

I keep putting off starting on a VLCD as there often seems to be an event or birthday coming up. I keep telling myself that I'll start after the next event. I really need to just do it (the VLCD) and deal with each event as it happens.

I have a sit down awards dinner on Saturday where I just can't avoid eating, so I9 am going to be very picky about what I eat as well as be open to the fact that I may well drop out of ketosis but it is only one evening so straight back on it. I will avoid the alcohol and stick to water. But it aint gonna be easy!

Back