Pasta Cake

Jennyonaplate

Gold Member
I'm sure i've seen a recipe for a cake made from Pasta (Vermicelli) - does anyone have the recipe or can point me in the direction of where it lies?

You will probably find it on the SW website. I've never heard of it so when you find it let me know what it is like

I'm sure my consultant made it in class once and it was alright, and i've seen it somewhere recently in another thread - but i can't remember where!!

I just fancied trying it at home so i've got a sweet fix in the evening

I want to know too!

Someone on another board found it:

Pasta Cake

1/2 packet of Vermicelli Pasta
1 Tub of fromage frais (large)
2 eggs
1 tsp mixed spice (teaspoon)
2 oz of mixed fruit (optional)
1/2 cup sweetener to taste

Soften pasta in boiling water, mix all ingredients together and cook for 1 hour at 200c. Cover top with tinfoil or baking parchment until the last 10 mins to prevent overcooking or crisping.

Not sure about syns but from the look of it the only thing to worry about is the dried fruit which I guess you can use your HE B box for?

Not here :/ Hmm go on treats you give a go! x

cant find a piccie but it looks like rice noodles,
its very thin and is sometimes known as angel hair pasta , really thin spaghetti like strands all wrapped up in little nests

Does this help?

Vermicelli

rice_vermicelli.jpg
Vermicelli is very fine, long strands of pasta - like a skinny spaghetti - often used in soups. The name means 'little worms' in Italian. It's available fresh or dried.
Dried vermicelli is usually sold boxed in coiled nests to prevent the delicate strands from breaking. Serve it with delicate oil-based or thin creamy sauces, because thick sauces will soak into the pasta and make it go soggy.
The term is also used to describe Asian noodles, which are also sold dried, and which come in varying widths, from very thin to wide.
Rice vermicelli can be used in soups or stir-fries, served cold in spicy Asian salads, or used as the basis for some sweets.

I wonder how much 'half a packet' of the pasta equates to? I've seen this in teeny and HOUGE amounts.
Does sound good though, eh? I'd skip the fruit though.

Oh... I have everything now but no mixed fruit... I hate peel... wonder... could use raisens will have to look them up for syns... or banana as well.. but might make it too moist...

Any ideas? I do have some of the dried bananas but not going to use them as they are for my little Ollie and Alfie.. (rabbits)

I will also make the corn bread tonight maybe anddddddddd the other chickpea cake with sugar this time haha!

Back