Pasta 'n' Sauce FAN CLUB!!!

I mixed a couple of tablespoons of quark at the end.. made it a bit creamy as making in with just water can be a bit watery.. was much nicer.....just a idea...:thinking2:

i found this recipe and it looks good, will be trying it for dinner tomorrow evening!

cheese and potato flan

You will need:
1pkt Cheese Smash
1pkt Batchelors Cheese & Broccoli Pasta 'n' Sauce
1 Tub Quark
3 Eggs
Sliced fresh tomato (optional)
What to do:
1) In a large bowl, empty Smash and Pasta 'n' Sauce. Add enough boiling water to just cover the ingredients, and stir well.
2) Add Quark and Eggs. (At this stage, it may look sloppy, but don't worry, tastes good in the end)
3) Pour into a Quiche dish and cover the top with sliced tomatoes (optional)
4) Place in 180 Degree oven for 30-35 mins.
This tastes like a Greggs Pasty (Without the pastry. Haha!)

Goes great with Slimming World chips and peas

not sure if it would have any sins? still new to this!
That sounds so lovely, will have to have a go. Thanks for posting it. :clap:xxx

I had a red day on wednseday and was hungry all day... first time i had found it hard to stick to sw.. wanted to eat crisps and more bread. didnt find it as filling.... hope you get on better than me..:wavey:
good luck

Iv'e had a look online for syns for the cheese smash but can't find it. can find buttery one but not the cheese. xxx

I find Red days really challenging too, Moonshine. I had a couple but I'm a student so I found it really expensive, and I didn't really have much available to nibble on. Green days RULE!

thanks moonshine lady, im doing burgers tomorrow so looking forward to them lol

loobylou, i forgot to mention that i used plain smash in the end with 5 LC cheese triangles mixed in. i couldnt find the cheese smash. maybe its cheddar smash the person who made the recipe used?

Found the syn value online, its 1/2 syn for 100g made up with water.
Depending on size of packet that won't be high. Definetly going to give it a go. I love cheese pie. xxx

p.s. I tried a new variation for my Pasta n Sauce today.

Cheese Leek and Ham = 1syn per pack (not bad, cos it tastes lovely)
1 quorn sausage
1/2 can sweetcorn

-Boil the water, add the Pasta n Sauce packet.... let it bubble for a while.

-Defrost the sausage in the microwave, or fry it in fry light, or grill it. OK, just cook it somehow! It doesn't have to be really cooked, just un-frozen.

-Chop up the sausage and put it in the pot with the pasta and sauce. Add the sweetcorn. Cook until the pasta is tender, and serve!

Makes a massive bowl of food, so it's great if you're really hungry.

:)

sent other half to do the shopping this week.. and as asda have on special i have tons of pasta in sauce to get through as "only pound for 5 packs" he said as piled them in the cupboard.. so please keep the receipes coming......

thanks moonshine lady, im doing burgers tomorrow so looking forward to them lol

loobylou, i forgot to mention that i used plain smash in the end with 5 LC cheese triangles mixed in. i couldnt find the cheese smash. maybe its cheddar smash the person who made the recipe used?
Online it says that smash do a cheddar & Onion one and its only 1/2 syn for 100g and i think the pack is 107g, so good news if i can find it in the shops. xxx

oh thanks fo that! will look out for it next time im in tescos xxx

It's in a green pack looby lou xx
Thanks Lou, :D can't wait to try this pie with that flavour smash, going to have a go later with buttery smash and laughing cow extra mixed in.

I like the sound of it but am a bit scared of it at the same time??? x
I will force myself Lou to eat it all and i will let you know how it is. xxx

Cheese and potato flan is in the oven and i can't wait, it smells really delish. xxx

hope it turns out ok, my kids really enjoyed it and my daughter whos 3 had a slice cold this lunchtime with salad, she loves it xxx

i found this recipe and it looks good, will be trying it for dinner tomorrow evening!

cheese and potato flan

You will need:
1pkt Cheese Smash
1pkt Batchelors Cheese & Broccoli Pasta 'n' Sauce
1 Tub Quark
3 Eggs
Sliced fresh tomato (optional)
What to do:
1) In a large bowl, empty Smash and Pasta 'n' Sauce. Add enough boiling water to just cover the ingredients, and stir well.
2) Add Quark and Eggs. (At this stage, it may look sloppy, but don't worry, tastes good in the end)
3) Pour into a Quiche dish and cover the top with sliced tomatoes (optional)
4) Place in 180 Degree oven for 30-35 mins.
This tastes like a Greggs Pasty (Without the pastry. Haha!)

Goes great with Slimming World chips and peas

not sure if it would have any sins? still new to this!
snugglysteph, i love that lady. I have had the cheese and potato flan and it was gorgeous, i really liked it a lot, i think next time i will also add onion to make it cheese and onion pie. Thanks Snugglesteph i have another dish to have. xxx Loobylou

That flan sounds LUSH! I LOVE SW! lol All this 'diet food' is magic!
I'll look for the cheesy smash tomorrow.

Nightwolf, Creme Fraiche (sp?) is a kind of lower fat alternative to thick cream. It's a little sour, and I used to hate it, but I find the low fat stuff great for adding a wee bit to soups and things. It's only something like 2syn a tablespoon or something.

Thought i wouldn't like it cold but its actually nicer, can really taste the cheese more after its rested. OMG i love it.

Back