pasta n sauce quish

Heaven

Hiya

the pasta n sauce quish are really delish, ive got a big slab today for my lunch with rocket salad.

Are they really free and how much do you eat in one go?

I really dont want it to affect my weight loss as this is my 2nd one of the week.

Its so easy to make for lunch and fills you until tea time makes you think they are too good to be true.

And if they are NOT too good to be true what are the best ones use with the quish? x

Yes they are free (dependant on what you put in it). I've got one in the oven now, which is ½ syn because I'm using Morrisons eat smart chicken garlic and wine packet pasta in it, plus veg and lean bacon (I do EE) although it's for me and my husband so actually only 1/4 of a syn. I'm feeling hungry just smelling it!

I love it! Sometimes isnt free depending on which pasta in sauce you use as some have 1/2 or 1 syn in them x

:8855:**** i cant believe how i spely quiche then, my mind went blank i thought it didnt look right though haha****:8855:

:roofles:

Yes they are free (dependant on what you put in it). I've got one in the oven now, which is ½ syn because I'm using Morrisons eat smart chicken garlic and wine packet pasta in it, plus veg and lean bacon (I do EE) although it's for me and my husband so actually only 1/4 of a syn. I'm feeling hungry just smelling it!

lol i dont think id bother counting 1/4 syn xx

Technically I don't, because I rarely go over 10 syns in a day anyway, and unless I have a flexi day never go over 15.

I do the c cheese and ham and egg quiche and allow i love it i never find it that filling

How is the pasta one made please as I am thinking this may fill me up a bit more

thanks

x

Err..... we've been told that if you make a quiche using pasta in sauce then it is not free. Even though the pasta in sauce is a free food on a green/EE day, SW have decided that it isn't free when using in a quiche.

Don't shoot me guys, we debated this one a long time ago, I'm just putting a different spin on things. I don't make the quiche with the pasta in sauce any longer, I just use cottage cheese, eggs, and a variety of veg.

I'll try and find the old, much debated thread.

I don't think that would solve the basic problem. Snacks are supposed to be primarily superfree foods and some people were tucking into a whole quiche made with P&S plus eggs, veggies, cottage cheese and then wondering why they were not losing weight. When you consider the calories they would have been consuming just as a snack then it's no surprise. And that's why they should be kept as part of a meal.

ahhh the good old 'food abuse' debate....! love it xxxx im scared to abuse food - hence i wont have couscous cake!

But.....if you are eating it and still losing - why stop!! x

My C told us that it's fine as a main meal, and I wouldn't have it as a snack anyways, we usually make half the amount so it's just enough to have for dinner or tea without having left overs.

We had this exact debate in class on Tuesday...freaky!

I can't see how Pasta n Sauce quiche would be nice? Lol.

Our consultant said it's not Syn Free because it's counted as two main meals combined into one meal...he couldn't really explain why exactly as to why singlulary they are free but together they are synned but it was along the lines of higher calorie content.

I suppose if they classed it as Syn Free and people didn't lose weight, SW could lose a bit of their credibility.

Back