Pasta n Sauce

wussbird

Hi I'm new to this (went to my first meeting this morning) and am confused!

In the book it says 'pasta n sauce, all varieties, made up as directed, dried, 100g cooked = 1.5 syns on ee'

What does this mean?? The pack weighs 123g, so if I cook it and eat most of it, that equals 1.5 syns? :confused:

If you make it with just water and do not add the butter most are free food on green day and extra easy and although they dont look as creamy they taste just as good. Hope this helps

It would if the cooked weight was the same as the dried weight. I think most pasta n sauces are 2.5 syns.

Your weight is 100g when cooked, but you've compared ti to the dried weight of 123g per pack if you see what I mean?

so which ones are free?

The following pasta n sauce's are free on green or extra easy:

bolognese
chicken & mushroom
chicken & roasted garlic
creamy chicken & herb
creamy tikka masala
mushroom & wine
tomato onion & herb
wholegrain creamy tomato & basil.

I haven't seen all these flavours for sale, but these are all the ones listed on the SW website.

I've just eaten a pack of crosse and Blackwell pasta in 5! Tomato and herb which says 1.5 sins for 100g made up as directed. I didn't use butter 'as directed'
and it has 120g dried in a pack. Is this free or should I be counting some sins?

How much butter do they say to use on the packet? Work out the syns for that and deduct it from the overall product syn value.

They say to use 15g butter for the full packet... Not sure what the cooked weight would be though.

Back