Pasta salad SHOCK!

Shelliewoo83

Silver Member
Just brought a bacon and pasta salad from morrisons thinking that I was choosing a healthier option, and for the tub it is 16pp!!!! No way was I eating all that so I've shared half with my niece and split the points!

Shocking isn't it! The chicken and bacon pasta salad from tesco is 21 points, almost all my daily points in one go.

Guessing also that the similar asda chicken/bacon pasta box salad is of similar points and cals??????

I would think so. Just shows that things that seem like the healthy option can be decieving! I love pasta salads :( lol

Alot healthier to make your own. I will often make one the night before for lunch, works out less than 10pp and it tastes alot better than ones bought in the shop.

OMG thats loads !!

..... if you don't have a calculator on you i find that the best thing to do is to look at the calories, if its under 400 kcal then it should 10pp or less ..... if its over 400 kcal then its more then 10pp .

when you get home you can then pp it exactly but you won't buy something that will be really high and you then won't want to eat.

xxx

Thats a LOT but if it said bacon on it I'd always be wary. Did it have a tomato or creamy sauce. If it was the latter I probably wouldn't touch it with a bargepole lol.

i wouldnt even have pasta at home as it's so high in points!!!!

i wouldnt even have pasta at home as it's so high in points!!!!

i haven't done pasta at home either since starting this diet. i used to always think it was a good option as when i did SW it was free so when i wasn't dieting i used to eat it a couple of times a week ! ... now i don't have it at all unless its in a calorie counted ready meal ! .... i have noodles occasionally but think they are high too for the amount you get ! :(

Most of the premade pasta pots in supermarkets are full of full fat mayo. They may say they use lean cuts of meat etc but if the dressing is full fat its pointless anyways!

Pasta is high in points anyway, but in ready meals and pre-packaged stuff they seem to squeeze mystery calories in there. Pre-packaged sandwiches are ridiculously high in calories/points... it's like, why would I eat that many points for one sandwich when I could make homemade chicken, rice and salad and have a massive portion for less points.

It's like they inject secret calories in!

The M&S COU Chicken and Basil one is lovely and tasty for 10 points. I have half of it with chopped salad, so getting the taste for less points.

Pasta is high in points anyway, but in ready meals and pre-packaged stuff they seem to squeeze mystery calories in there. Pre-packaged sandwiches are ridiculously high in calories/points... it's like, why would I eat that many points for one sandwich when I could make homemade chicken, rice and salad and have a massive portion for less points.

It's like they inject secret calories in!

Its the mayooooo!! LOL. Seriously though when they make these sandwiches they generally have some sort of dressing or mayonnaise in them. And cheap mayo is honestly the biggest calorie sink on the planet! So that tends to be where the mystery calories/points come from. :(

Back