Pasta Sauces

Ann-Marie

I have just made a lovely simple pasta sauce......

Carton of passata
5 Laughing Cow Triangles (HexA)
Mixed herbs
Dried garlic
Salt and pepper

Put all ingredients into a microwavable container and stir well.

Microwave for 5 - 6 minutes on full for 5 minutes taking out to stir every minute to make sure the cheese breaks up.

Pour over pasta and top with fresh basil.

So simple and it was really nice :D

Does anyone else have ideas for syn free sauces, maybe using healthy extras as this one does, as I eat lots of pasta?

Ann-Marie x

I made a really nice bolognese sauce the other day with just tinned chopped tomatoes with garlic and i found a schwartz (sp?!) bolognese dried herb mix, added it in and it was lovely :) great with turkey mince and a jacket pot or pasta :)

carbonara sauce

Hi I have just started back on the slimming world diet today but I did it last year and lost over 3 stone and I love love love pasta!

I use to make the carbonara sauce which was delicious!

Ingredients:
Chopped Onions
Mushrooms
fry light spray
bacon (use B choice for this)
quark
parmasen cheese (use A choice for this)
dried pasta
2 egg yolks

step one:
Put your pasta on to boil.

step two
add fry light to a pan, chopped onions, mushrooms and saute until they look yummy

step three
chop your bacon in to slices and add to onions and mushroom and cook

step four
put 2 egg yolks in a cup and add a tablespoon of quark and beat until a smooth runny mixture

step five
drain the pasta, add the egg/quark mix to your pan of bacon, mushrooms etc and mix together, then add your pasta and mix over a low heat for about 5mins, making sure the mixture doesnt stick to the pan

step six
serve and put parmasen over the top and serve

its soooo yummy :D

apologies for my naff cooking terms I am not a chef hehe!

hope you enjoy!!
L x

1 Syn Carbonara (EE)

This makes an awesome carbonara! Taken from Cook Yourself Thin

carbonara-ahero.jpg

• Serves 2
  • 1 syn per serving (EE) if using parmesan as a HEX A. (this is based on my C who says parma ham is free if you remove the fat) or 3 syns per serving if not using parmesan as HEX.
Ingredients

• 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil
  • 45g Parma ham, fat removed and ripped into pieces
  • 150g linguine
  • 2 large free-range egg yolks
  • 20g freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
  • A small handful of roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 5–6 drops of Tabasco
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method:

1. Place the onion in a large, deep non-stick frying pan with 150ml water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for five minutes.

2. Remove the lid, turn up the heat and cook for two to three minutes or until the water has evaporated.

3. Add the olive oil and the Parma ham and cook for three to four minutes until browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and keep warm.

4. Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the packet instructions, adding 1/2 a teaspoon of salt to the cooking water.

5. In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks, Parmesan, herbs and Tabasco.

6. Drain the pasta when cooked, reserving three to four tablespoons of the cooking water.

7. Mix together the pasta, egg yolks and Parmesan mixture with the reserved cooking liquid, the onion and Parma ham. Season well. Serve immediately with a green salad.

Sal's tips

1. If an onion doesn't need to be browned but just cooked, then use water instead of oil and simmer until tender.
2. If you're pregnant (or feeding a baby, or if you're an elderly person), you might want to choose a different dish as there is a risk of salmonella with raw eggs.

i did a pasta sauce last night and put too much chilli in lol so added a couple of large spoons of quark and WOW how wonderful a lovely creamy sauce with no syns

This makes an awesome carbonara! Taken from Cook Yourself Thin

carbonara-ahero.jpg

• Serves 2
  • 1 syn per serving (EE) if using parmesan as a HEX A. (this is based on my C who says parma ham is free if you remove the fat) or 3 syns per serving if not using parmesan as HEX.
Ingredients

• 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil
  • 45g Parma ham, fat removed and ripped into pieces
  • 150g linguine
  • 2 large free-range egg yolks
  • 20g freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
  • A small handful of roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 5–6 drops of Tabasco
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method:

1. Place the onion in a large, deep non-stick frying pan with 150ml water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook for five minutes.

2. Remove the lid, turn up the heat and cook for two to three minutes or until the water has evaporated.

3. Add the olive oil and the Parma ham and cook for three to four minutes until browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and keep warm.

4. Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the packet instructions, adding 1/2 a teaspoon of salt to the cooking water.

5. In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks, Parmesan, herbs and Tabasco.

6. Drain the pasta when cooked, reserving three to four tablespoons of the cooking water.

7. Mix together the pasta, egg yolks and Parmesan mixture with the reserved cooking liquid, the onion and Parma ham. Season well. Serve immediately with a green salad.

Sal's tips

1. If an onion doesn't need to be browned but just cooked, then use water instead of oil and simmer until tender.
2. If you're pregnant (or feeding a baby, or if you're an elderly person), you might want to choose a different dish as there is a risk of salmonella with raw eggs.
Oooh yes I use this one, love that book & some of it is so easy to convert. Love the chicken & prawn fried rice aswell...losing some of the oil of course!!

Some great ideas there! Thanks xx

I like to roast veggies in the oven with fry light and some herbs, then I mix them with a tin of chopped tomatoes, heat through and serve with pasta, its really tasty and free on green

Back