Pasta & the damages!!

ditzeeblonde

Call me Linzi...
I was cooking the kids a pasta dinner & without even thinking had a few spoonfuls to taste what it was like... then carried on having a few more!!

I'm on day 5 of SS'ing... could there have been anything worse for me to have & I'm guessing it'll kick me out of ketosis! I'm not going to dwell on it... will have my last shake for the day & get right back on it tomorrow but how bad will the repercussions be???

Guess I have a LOT of bad habits to overcome! x

I no longer eat my ds1's leftovers. But when I was pregnant with ds2 I made extra for me! It's a bad habit that lots of mums have to overcome.

Don't worry about the repercussions as like you said it's done now, just move on & remember how bad you feel about it & use that feeling to stop you from doing it next time.

The great thing about cd is because you're not allowed anything other than the shakes, it makes you see what you REALLY were eating before. x

when I was turning the bacon on the grill for my hubby my fingers went to my lips to lick

ohmigod - I almost did this too the other day! And it would have been so easy to do.

The other night I was cooking some veg for OH dinner and I spooned out a couple of peas to eat to test if they were done, like I always do. They were almost in my mouth before I realised I was doing it!!

Cooking my signature curry this weekend will be a challenge too - I always taste it to check the spice level. I need a big sign above the cooker saying "DO NOT TEST THE FOOD!!!!"

Lol

Hi
I nearly made the same mistake also when cooking the kids tea
What ive also noticed is that I used to finish off their leftovers without acknolidging it
I made them cheesy jacket potatoes the other night with gammon steak
My daughter left a nice slice of gammon and half a stuffed jacket which when clearing the table I puicked up and then thought OMG I would normally have eaten theis and not thought about it then made myself something else to eat later
Its only now on a VLCD that I can see some of my downfalls from before
Getback on the horse and dont do it again
Good luck
Cheers
James

This diet really is shocking in how it exposes the food habits we didn't even know we had isn't it??

I used to bemoan my size and think "I dont eat that much, why am I so fat??" and now, I'm realising that it probably wasn't the meals I had that were the problem, it was the food I ate throughout the day that I wasn't even really aware of!

It really opens your eyes :eek:

This diet really is shocking in how it exposes the food habits we didn't even know we had isn't it??

I used to bemoan my size and think "I dont eat that much, why am I so fat??" and now, I'm realising that it probably wasn't the meals I had that were the problem, it was the food I ate throughout the day that I wasn't even really aware of!

It really opens your eyes :eek:

Here here ! I could have written that post myself. It has made me so aware of all the "extra" bits I eat and never even count !

Back