Pauline Quirk weight loss

Amazing!! She looks gorgeous!

Wow, she has done so well, she really does look great. Thanks for the link Susie!

She does look great but I don't think this is the way to go. What happens when you start eating again? No, it's not natural so I imagine the weight would very easily come back on for the normal person.

It might be OK for the celeb who can afford someone to cook and monitor what they eat or who has to keep a close eye on their media image but for the normal person? I know me. It would start with a 'oh just a bite then' and escalate into a full blow pigout. And then I'd be p****d off about the money I'd wasted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick to low carbing. We'll get there in the end!

Last edited:
I agree Ransch. When she finishes losing, and heads into longterm mainenance, the true battle will begin.

She might have supplements (provided by LL?), a personal trainer, a life coach., etc. (again, provided by LL?). Bear in mind too that she will be earning a fair old sum as the 'face' of Lighter Life.

Jenny Craig had Monica Lewinsky of Bill Clinton/cigar/blue Gap dress fame. Weight Watchers USA had the Duchess of York. Some organic programme had Kirstie Alley. Both Monica and Kirstie were sacked for not losing enough (i.e cheating) or for regaining the weight! I suspect that good old Fergie was too at one point?

I wish Pauline all the very best cos she looks and probs feels fab but the road ahead - once food is reintroduced - may be rocky.

I think they go through a managed maintenance phase, to re-introduce food. I know they do on other liquid VLCD's

She does look great but I don't think this is the way to go. What happens when you start eating again? No, it's not natural so I imagine the weight would very easily come back on for the normal person.

It might be OK for the celeb who can afford someone to cook and monitor what they eat or who has to keep a close eye on their media image but for the normal person? I know me. It would start with a 'oh just a bite then' and escalate into a full blow pigout. And then I'd be p****d off about the money I'd wasted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys I am on another VLCD, lipotrim, and have been thinking about maintenance a lot lately, I want to switch to an atkins-esque low carb diet for life to maintain - what would your advice be?

There are dozens and dozens of people on Minimins who have lost weight successfully on a VLCD and maintained successfully. Just like there are people who have lost weight on Atkins, WW, SW etc who have regained all their weight and as far as I know none of them are celebs ;)

When you finish a VLCD you dont just go straight back to eating you reintroduce food over a period of several weeks.

And as for the money youve wasted? You could say the same for someone whos spent time and money on any diet only to regain. I currently pay £25 a week for my shakes etc, its saving me an absolute forrune compared to before.

Like all diets its not how you lose your weight its what you do once youve lost it. VLCDs are every bit as successful long term as any more 'conventional' diets.

I agree Ransch. When she finishes losing, and heads into longterm mainenance, the true battle will begin.

And thats true for any diet at all

I know I'm a few days late in commenting, but WOW! Pauline Quirk looks blooming AMAZING! Well done her, she looks a decade younger and so pretty too. However she's done it seems a little immaterial to me as she's managed to lose a THIRD of her body weight in 6 months, which is brilliant. Most diets have the inherent risk that you will gain the weight back and I personally don't think she's at any more risk of that happening than anyone else who's been on any major diet, be it low-fat, slimfast, Dukan, Atkins or whatever. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of people don't turn their slimming diets into a WOE or maintenance- as for Pauline, well only time will tell. I just hope she feels much better for it however she did it :)

Back