PCOS and Cambridge Diet

Hey All,,, Sorry to keep posting about this haha - but im starting CD next week, and wondered if anyone with PCOS has tried it and had any success the reason i ask is that i am obsessed that it is not going to work....:sigh: ive tried so hard with so many diets and not lost anything so im kinda worried im not going to get any results :cry: ive tried Metformin before and have been told it will help my weight loss, however i had a really bad time last time i tried metformin and if poss would prefer to avoid it .... any advice would really help me out - worried chick is really worried :wave_cry: xx

This diet will work for you - they recommend that you follow a low carb diet when you have PCOS as our bodies can't process sugars. When I did Slimming World and stuck to the rules I put on weight and my doctor told me it was because of the sugar in fruit and starches. I've just started and lost 8lbs in my first week. I don't feel brilliant but I know from what I've read on the forums that the first couple of weeks is the hardest and once you're through that it'll only get better. I'm hoping it'll relieve some of my symptoms...being fat's bad enough but fat and hairy is just not fair!! You'll be fine. You'll succeed. Just prepare yourself for the times it might seem hard and keep your eye on the prize.

being fat's bad enough but fat and hairy is just not fair!! - Haha love this - and yes your right !! totally unfair !!

I also tried SW for a month and didnt lose anything... was so frustrating !!

Congrats on the loss already - especially at totm !! Thats amazing :) and thanks for posting too - think im being a bit pathetic atm and need reassurance... i know its a hard diet but i know ill stick to it ... hoping it works :innocent0002:

Hi there :) I have PCOS and hand on heart this is the first diet that has ever worked for me. I used to exercise madly, eat healthy, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, blablabla but this is the ONLY diet I have ever lost weight on. The only thing is keeping it off...if you're anything like me you pile it on at a rate of knots!!

I really hope you find it as good for you as I have :)

I also have PCOS and am on CD and have been several times. Metformin made me really sick too and I actually put on weight after 3 months of throwing up, stomach cramps, passing out and constant runs!

I agree with everything that has been said, it really works for those with PCOS but Ive found it very hard to maintain afterwards, a strict GI plan avoids any weight gain but as soon as I go off plan I pile it back on! You really have to change your lifestyle/eating habits completely, which I really must do because I want babies!

I have pcos too and have heard really good things about a vlcd diet for it because there is very little carbs and carbs are normally the devil for me and i'm sure many other people with pcos too. x x

Aw thanks to you all, I kno I'm being a bit pathetic haha... Can't wait to start now :) xx

Back