PCOS and Weight Loss ?

Because i suffer from depression and an eating disorder, i have a bf who only puts me down (yea he works and at mo is paying bills as im unemployed two months now), i have health issues, too numerous to mention, am recovering from another fracture and torm ligaments. Achilles and im grieving my dad and uncles deaths...i know ww works, i just dont "work"...I need a fairy godmother and a hug...dream on linda...thats why im not able to do ww right now *

I'm going to sound a little hard but please believe I know exactly where you are and how you are feeling but you need to take charge of your own future, there are reasons why we put on weight such as emotional eating or injuries but don't let them be excuses, there is a huge difference between reasons and excuses. You have a Fairy Godmother, it's you and you can make all the magic you need and do it for yourself, it'll help with your depression, eating disorder and self esteem and not having the extra weight with help your fractures heal. Think of all the positive things you can put in your future, it doesn't all have to happen at once, but if you take it a step at a time, whether that's going to the doctor and asking if it is safe for you to go on weight watchers, or going and asking for counselling or trying to find a business you can start from home, you need to find something that gives you back your independence and makes you think about your future rather than analysing everything that might have made things hard. Positive thinking and baby steps!!

Thank you Linzielegs! Its just amazing how much difference LT has made compared to WW I've now lost about 16 pounds and can really see a difference all over. I will definitely look into the wobble board sounds fab. I have just got off 8 weeks on crutches and am raring to go (not too fast but a bit more exercise than before!) Im also going to go to the docs next week and face up to the PCOS as have been ignoring it (along with my weight) and went off dianette a while ago. Thanks for the advice and good luck with your weight loss! You've done great even with a wee blip! x

Thanks, and I hope you went to the docs, they can be really helpful to manage symptoms if you get a good one and huge congrats on the weight loss, amazing!! Another few weeks and you'll be there :)

Hi linzielegs, thanks, i get what your saying, but im just one of those folk that gets affected by life. Just Had two deaths in family so am raw at mo. My health issues are extreme and being in constant pain, is like chasing your own tail..i wish i could find strength, willpower etc, but that has long since evaporated. Have thought of home business, but not good at much...i wont go on...all the best*

Aww Linda, I get it, I really do, when I was 19 I virtually sat under a duvet for 3 months and wouldn't come out, barely washed, just stopped going to work, wouldn't speak to people, sat and sulked because my knees hurt with juvenile arthritis, I'd been told I couldn't have kids (I now have a 6 yr old :), hair falling out on my head, growing thick on my chin, stomach aches due to colitis, family with cancer blah blah blah, point is I couldn't see tomorrow and I just couldn't see the point in it all anymore. I wish with all my heart I could go back and drag myself off that sofa, once I took the first step it all slotted into place, I left my partner, got a new job, bought a new house, everything changed and I took control again. Had nothing to do with willpower or strength, my first step was to walk to the shed in the back garden and back once every hour, but once you succeed at one thing, everything feels better. I know I can't make you do it, you'll only do it when you're ready but I wish I could, my only regret in life is the time I wasted there. Good luck where ever your path goes :)

Hi linzielegs..dunno if i said, Im 41...prob older than you. :) Ive wasted alot of life, an should know better...but circumstances are as they are...thanks for sharing ur story *

Back