Pcos & Metformin

*lil*

Gold Member
Hi Peeps

Well I've re started TS today because I've gained a bit of weight back this month!! - (eating wildly out of control!! Lol)

But.... Anyone who previously read my diary knows all about my IVF battle. A vaginal ultra sound ( yuck lol) showed a cyst on my ovary. Meaning I've been diagnosed with PCOS. I've been prescribed Metformin which is renowned for causing vomiting, Nausea etc
This has only happened twice since taking the medication but eating is supposed to help with the side effects.

Does anyone else take this on Exante TS? Plus I generally only have shakes as the bars make me hungry! I've thought about WS but I have to take them twice a day.

Anyone take them successfully?

Thanks x

Managed to find a post on the PCOS forum about it.
Fingers crossed it should be no worse than with food.
X

Hi hun Soz I don't have the answer but perhaps split your ws 'meal' into 2 small portions??

I wonder if an anti sickness medicine could counteract such side effects? May be worth asking the doc??

shell09 said:
Hi hun Soz I don't have the answer but perhaps split your ws 'meal' into 2 small portions??

I wonder if an anti sickness medicine could counteract such side effects? May be worth asking the doc??

Thanks x
I'm gonna try a tin of tuna a day split into 2 servings until my bodies got used to the side effects.

Good luck lil, I know how much this means to you. I hope 2012 is your year xxx

nursetubs said:
Good luck lil, I know how much this means to you. I hope 2012 is your year xxx

Thank you x I'm sure it will all come good in the end :)
X

I don't know if it helps medication effects or not but I had severe morning sickness and vomiting with 3 pregnancies and the seasickness bands helped a lot. If you can subdue the nausea feeling with them then the eating to stop feeling sick should be helped

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
I don't know if it helps medication effects or not but I had severe morning sickness and vomiting with 3 pregnancies and the seasickness bands helped a lot. If you can subdue the nausea feeling with them then the eating to stop feeling sick should be helped

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh cool, I'll look into that. Thank you x

Back