PCOS my quick success storie

jessthecat

Just wanted to share you my quick stories, I have PCOS it was discovered when trying for a baby aged 20 years after being sent for a scan anyway It did take me 16 months but I fell with my son in 2005 and then when he was 9months olds I fell pregnant again with my daughter after the first month of trying (thinking it would take some time) I was over weight too 17 stone so was shocked and delighted to fall and I have now two gorgeous children now 5 and 4 years!

I suffered with lots of the symptoms of PCOS but this year decided to lose weight,So far since March Ive lost 77lbs and feel fab! I still suffer from some symptoms still but my period are now very regular and much lighter.....

Lots of people assume lots of things 1-you can't have children 2-you cant lose weight and 3-hard to conceive when over weight, and both I did! it may be harder but can be done.

Hope this helps anyone who may be feeling down about these subjects.

Just wanted to share you my quick stories, I have PCOS it was discovered when trying for a baby aged 20 years after being sent for a scan anyway It did take me 16 months but I fell with my son in 2005 and then when he was 9months olds I fell pregnant again with my daughter after the first month of trying (thinking it would take some time) I was over weight too 17 stone so was shocked and delighted to fall and I have now two gorgeous children now 5 and 4 years!

I suffered with lots of the symptoms of PCOS but this year decided to lose weight,So far since March Ive lost 77lbs and feel fab! I still suffer from some symptoms still but my period are now very regular and much lighter.....

Lots of people assume lots of things 1-you can't have children 2-you cant lose weight and 3-hard to conceive when over weight, and both I did! it may be harder but can be done.

Thats amazing to hear! I got diagnosed with it only this year having very irregular periods and doing weight loss treatment. Im glad to hear that weight loss actually helped your symptoms and that you could concieve! Fantastic!

thats brilliant I have pcos and it has taken me 5 years ttc we finally had the most gorgeous son who will be 1 n 2 weeks and i was worried that i would never concieve again or it would take forever, i too am overweight and am on a mission to get it off ive lost nearly 2 1/2 thru SW and feel great, you have given me a bit of hope that things might be looking up ! It might not be such a struggle this time

thanks xx

Was the exact same for me, My doctor told me I would never have kids naturally, well I was 19 st at the time, got down to 17st and fell pregnant, had my first son. I realy didn't think it would be easy to get pregnant, so didn't use contraceptives after.... Lo and behold, when my son was 6 months, found out I was 6 weeks pregnant!! Seem to be highly fertile now, so am on the injection lol.... till I am ready to have a girl (got 2 boys):D

thats such a boost, me and my husband have been ttc since for 4 years and are under the hospitals fertility clinic etc, but nothing has worked, the only tests they had dont up until recently was the bog standard SA and a few blood tests on my to check my hormone levels which showed i had PCOS and a hysterosalpigogram to check my tubes were clear which they were, i started on clomid in april 09 but as hubby is in the army it took us longer to take the 6 cycles as he was always away when it was time to take it lol x either way it was unsucessful but i ended up with an 11cm cyst on my right ovary which had me hospitalized ( jul 10 ) as a result of it and had to stop any further treatment till it was completely resolved which was only recently as it ruptured in sept 10 and i had a to wait from august till 15th nov to have a laparoscopy to investigate which showed my ovaries were badly polycystic and they ended up doing a prodcedure call ovarian drilling where the burn holes in your ovaries to try and alleviate the hormone levels i think lol x wasnt a planned treatment and dont think its worked as my period was late ( no PG as hubby has been away since 1st nov and last MC was 31 oct lol ) so if anything its put me back to square one as they were regular on the clomid ;p x

but this story ha really given me the hope that one day it will and can happen for us x
( sorry to have hijacked this up beat thread with my sad boring story lol )

i am also ttc and have been since sep 2007 with no luck :-(
i have pcos and have been told that if i lose weight it will help so 8 stone down and still no results have been referred to hospital now so fingers crossed x x x

Thank you for sharing my daughter was diagnosed about 6 mths ago after having constant bleeding for 10 wks or so :sigh: she was 15 (shes 16 this Saturday), I am very overweight and have irregular periods my whole life but have been blessed with my daughter and son haven't tried for any more, anyway after discussing my daughters diagnosis and chatting about my symptoms I was sent for a scan on my ovaries and I too have pcos but thankfully I already have my children and don't plan on having any more.. trust my 2 are more than enough lol

Anyway when I hear of other peoples stories it helps as obviously my daughter does worry about conceiving when she's older, but I didn't even know I had pcos and thinking back it did take me about 2 yrs to conceive my son but we put it down to having been on contraceptive for 3 years.

Back