1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Pcos! SW! ttc!

Discussion in 'PCOS' started by Kylaa15, 31 January 2013 Social URL.

1. Kylaa15

Kylaa15 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

This is only my second post! So bear with me lol.

When I was fifteen I seen an article in a mag about pcos,and self diagnosed!after going through gp and hospital It was confirmed! I've never really had periods,I have really bad hair growth!and always been a big girl lol!
    I've never wanted to be an older mum! And have always said if I need help for fertility I'm going to kickstart the long process in my early twenties!I started that process 2years ago, my aunty had to have Ivf, but I no if I'm being serious about wanting to bring a child into this world my first must is to budge 10stone! Not only will that increase my chances of conceiving naturally but I'd be so much more fit and healthier!

I go for 6 monthly meetings at the hospital,they started me on metformin but I didn't react very good to them,and to be honest I am so rubbish at taking tablets! And everytime I go they just say the same thing, lose weight!

So I joined slimming world again for the 2nd time, I've just done my 3rd week and so far I've lost a stone! Really pleased with myself, and currently I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating for the first time! Well, at least the first time I've showed signs, 9 days after my 1st 7 day period ever!!!!
    No one seems to understand my excitement!lol hopefully if your reading this you might be in a pretty much same situation!

Would love to meet and chat with others on a losing weight and trying to conceive journey:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. LizB

LizB Well-Known Member

Congrats for ovulating and well done for losing over a stone so far! I don't want to be an older mum either but I've got to find a man first so no TTC for me yet!
    I'm also trying slimming world with varied success!

Good luck and keep us up to date,
    Liz x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

4. summertime

summertime New Member

Congrats Kylaa15 - I too have PCOS and have joined online SW though (am on 3rd week) am havin teething probs and no real weight loss as of yet... can I ask did you do EE and did you experience any issues? I seem to have bloating/constipation which Im not sure is meant to be the way especially with PCOS!

5. LizB

LizB Well-Known Member

What sort of foods are you eating? I can get constipation and bloating at times. Usually means I'm eating too many processed carbs or veggies so I try and mix it up with some fruit and some more protein

Good luck
    Liz x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. Kylaa15

Kylaa15 Well-Known Member

Arrgh!so sorry I'm only just replying!forgot about the forum!

Yeah I'm doing ee, I like it because if I'm having a bad week,I can go to my weigh in and start again.

I'm a really fussy eater,I only eat apples,oranges and grapes for fruit. I don't really eat any green veg at all!
    I find if I don't eat sandwiches I plan a head,and have some thing completely free. I like quick easy meals. So I use quorn as that's nice and quick. Pork and beef strips,like stir dry. Strips.

Errm I don't really suffer with any bowel problems,I do get bloating,but put that down to fizzy pop normally.

Speak soon :)