PCOS & Weight Watchers

Roisin119

Hey everyone!
Well this is my third attempt with Weight Watchers. I have successfully lost a lot of weight twice before but stupidly put it all (and then some) back on again. My kick up the bum came on Monday when at a hospital appointment I was told that as we require fertility treatment (I was already aware that I have PCOS but we were informed that my partner also has a low sperm count) we needed to be put on the waiting list for ICSI, . The hospital told us they could however give me Clomid in the interim but this can't happen until I have my BMI at at least 30. So as I was still paying my online subscription to Weight Watchers Online (been bold since March and always promised to start back again next week) I went to the supermarket and got all my Weight Watcher foods and I'm back on track from Tuesday and I weighed myself today and I have lost 4lbs!! I am a woman on a mission to give myself every chance to help to get pregnant. Wish me luck everyone and you all have my support too!!

Just wanted to wish you all the VERY best with your mission ... you go for it girl xx

Stick with it, with all your heart as it works - I am living proof. I started my weightwatchers journey similarly "on a mission" when I realised I had PCOS and needed fertility treatment to have a family. I lost 2 stone by the time I was on my fourth course of clomid and it worked ... losing the weight made the difference. I fell pregnant and had an amazingly wonderful little girl (now 13!) - but the clinic were clear that the weight loss had swung the balance in my favour. I continued to lose weight after my daughter was born and amazingly fell pregnant again when she was 7 months old - without any help, I'd lost three and a half stone by that time.

I continued to lose weight after my son was born and as I lost more weight my periods became ALMOST (we can't expect too many miracles!) regular ... something I'd NEVER EVER had before, I was a once a year, once every two years kind of woman before!

So you go for it ... hand on heart, it works and it is well worth all the hard work ...

My thoughts are with you and my fingers are crossed for you .... xxxxxx

Mandy x
:)

Hi,

I am new to mini mins but been in the same position! Losing weight for the second time, first time took several years prior to trying to get pregnant. I have pcos too and had no periods etc. So needed help! After the routine tests I was given clomid which didn't work for me, but after 3 months I was given metformin as well and fell pregnant 4 weeks later. I now have a beautiful 4 year old girl and since having my little girl my symptoms seem to have settled a little bit. Have lost 2 stone on a mix of rosemary Conley & Weightwatchers, but joined Weightwatchers a couple of weeks ago and hoping to lose another 6 stone by next autumn. Good luck & hope everything goes well

Hey good luck!!!!!
I also have pcos and wish to be pregnant......
Have a 14 year old son no assistance required. now at the grand age of 36 me and partner suddenly heard that ticking clock and have decided to try for another. I am guessing we will have trouble 14 years of not being that sensible with precautions and never once did i even get a scare. Think as we have our 14 year old its not at desperate stage (we may get there) so i have decided to spend at least 12 months trying to shift a massive amount of weight. Joined weight watchers and so far so good i am really enjoying.....

anyway good luck for the most fantastic journey of your life!!!!

Hiya im also in the same boat. I really want a baby too and I have pcos I got ill and ended up at 26 stone and i lost over 5 stone. But we will see my illness limits my exercise and diet. I started half sort of at the beginning of the year and have lost 6lb in 3 weeks.

Same here - PCOS and hubs and I eventually want to have kids (I still have 3 years of uni left).
When I lost weight the last time, I went from 26st to 16st and around 17st my periods started to be much more regular so am hoping the same will happen for me when I get down there again!

Good work ladies!!! Does anyone have have tips on foods which help pcos or ones to avoid?
Fingers crossed for all of you. X

I was informed by dietitian that low carb is the way forward with pcos.... On Atkins at the mo as research shows not having food to trigger insulin surges helps with fetillity!!!!! So fingers crossed x Oh also lost 7lb last week so can't be bad...

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Wow! Well done that's a fab loss! Thanks for the tip. I'm trying to cut down on bread as its one of my biggest vices. Even more reason now. Thank you!

Good luck and welcome

Ladies, are any of you on metformin? Keeps insulin levels lower and regulates periods.
Also low carb is defiantly the way to go. Cut out bread if you can, and the obvious things like cakes biscuits ect... Aswell as low carb, you need to follow the low G.I.
Diet. I got pcos diagnosed 10 years ago. Also saw dietician at the surgery. Hope this helps, :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the info Karen.

Dee

Back