Peacedove finally goes and does it...goodbye control pant hell, hello natural curves!

peacedove said:
Dinner turned out to be a mackrel salad with a jacket spud and a dollop of cottage cheese.........then just when I thought I'd been really good (no wine!!)......the takeaway menus came out!! Ended up having a Chicken Dhansak, boiled rice and a popodom with some raitha, according to sw book that adds up to 12 and a half syns but the Dhansak was swimming in oil (I drained some off before I put it on my plate) so I don't think it can be that low in syns!!!...oh well...we'll see on WI won't we!!
Today's menu

Breakfast:Scrambled egg, baked beans and frylighted mushrooms.

Lunch:pasta and sauce and a salad.

Dinner: Gammon steak, egg, jacket spud and veggies.....may have to add a dollop of cottage cheese to the spud so it's not too dry!!

So far this week 21 food syns....and 30 wine syns on WI night!!

I miss A good chunk of butter in a jacket potato!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well as it happens Emmey I didn't miss the butter because dinner became a very liquid affair!!! Lovely unexpected sunny afternoon and evening in the garden round the chimnea with friends....dinner was 2 bottles of low alcohol wine, a large glass of pink fizzy wine and a couple of vodka soda and limes!!......feel a bit rubbish about it, really want a good loss this week after my sts this week!!!

Today's food:
Green I think..want the extra HE's
Breakfast:
Bread roll with a quorn sausage, egg and a squirt of brown sauce, made by Mr PD...no butter, frylight egg......white roll!!!! (9 syns instead of an HEb!!)

Lunch:Dry roast spuds, loads of veg and a couple of quorn sausages, splash of gravy (2 syns)

Tea: Either a jacket spud with beans and cheese or a cheese and mushroom omlette and beans.

Going to the pictures later....will have to avoid the popcorn temptation!! xxx

Syns so far 31 food and 45 drinkies last night (plus 30 wine syns straight after WI...not good!!)

Last edited:
peacedove said:
Well as it happens Emmey I didn't miss the butter because dinner became a very liquid affair!!! Lovely unexpected sunny afternoon and evening in the garden round the chimnea with friends....dinner was 2 bottles of low alcohol wine, a large glass of pink fizzy wine and a couple of vodka soda and limes!!......feel a bit rubbish about it, really want a good loss this week after my sts this week!!!

Today's food:
Green I think..want the extra HE's
Breakfast:
Bread roll with a quorn sausage, egg and a squirt of brown sauce, made by Mr PD...no butter, frylight egg......white roll!!!! (9 syns instead of an HEb!!)

Lunch:Dry roast spuds, loads of veg and a couple of quorn sausages, splash of gravy (2 syns)

Tea: Either a jacket spud with beans and cheese or a cheese and mushroom omlette and beans.

Going to the pictures later....will have to avoid the popcorn temptation!! xxx

Syns so far 31 food and 45 drinkies last night (plus 30 wine syns straight after WI...not good!!)

Oh I'm looking forward to my roast potatoes with chicken for lunch and a jacket potato for dinner - great minds!

What are you going to see at the cinema?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Failed miserably at avoiding the popcorn, shared a small salted with the youngest daughter whilst watching The Woman in Black.....alot of it ended up down our fronts....that film makes you jump!! really enjoyed it, a good old fashioned ghost story!!

So (6syns) for the popcorn and then decided on a jacket spud with beans and a big blob of the low low spreadable followed by a mint and choc mullerlight for tea.

Today will have to be an EE
Breakfast: Oat so simple with skimmed milk and a chopped banana (always have this at my desk on a work day....bit boring but does seem to fill me till snack time!)

Snack:Banana, apple, kiwi and a satsuma

Lunch: Large mixed salad with mackerel in tomato sauce and a muller light.

Dinner: Beef cassarole with either a small jacket spud and veggies or mashed swede and veggies. (1syn for gravy granules)

Trying to up my water intake and get at least a couple of green teas in a day.....feel bad about over indulging at the weekend!!

All looks good to me! Good luck with the water ;-)

Pleased that I managed to go without spuds last night!! Cassarole with mashed swede, cabbage and brussel sprouts.
Today's food

Breakfast: Oat so simple and skimmed milk with chopped banana

Snack: Satsuma, apple and grapes

Lunch: Mixed salad and cottage cheese

Dinner: Left over cassarole and maybe a jacket spud with loads of veggies.

Very pleased with a 2lb loss this week, just need to keep it together this week so my wine guzzling doesn't bite me on the bum next week!!

Wednesday
Green day.
Breakfast: Oat so simple with skimmed milk (HEa and b)

Snack:Apple, grapes, satsuma

Lunch:Large mixed salad with cottage cheese.

Dinner: Three quorn sausages (1 1/2 syns) mashed spud, greens, brocolli, carrots, splash of gravy (1syn)

Thursday
Parents evening so going green as I may need an extra B for a sandwich if I can't get a jacket spud!
Breakfast: Oat so simple with skimmed milk (HEa and b)

Snacks:apple, satsuma and grapes

Lunch: Mixed salad and a mugshot.

Dinner: Jacket spud with beans and cheese if I can get one or an egg salad sandwich and syn a slice of brown bread !

Managed to find a boxed tuna salad and a plain jacket spud in the refrectory last night...hurrah!!!

Then went straight to the pub and drunk four large white wine spritzers....one of thoses mini bottles in a very large glass with ice and soda...then two glasses of fizz when I got home to wash down the chicken chow mein I shared with my friend!!....epic fail on a Thursday night....I'm allocating 60syns to this debacle...and moving on!!

Today's food...EE or Green, may need the carbs to hepl with the hangover!!

Breakfast: slice of wholmeal toast (Heb) scrambled egg, baked beans, mushrooms and tomatoes.

Snack: Banana and a muller light

Lunch: Tuna salad with a jacket spud, small sachet of mayonaise (3 syns?)

Dinner: Unsure yet...fancied a take out but think I have probably synned enough!!!

65 and a half syns so far....and only bloomin Friday!! x

Naughty but enjoyable weekend, celebrating my friends twins first birthday after a very traumatic pregnancy and a lot of ill health in their first year, this was the first opportunity to celebrate now they are here and healthy!! had a lovely traditional tea party in the local church hall, homemade cakes and buns and cheese straws....then Mothers Day....just decided not to worry..off plan, back on it today and try some damage limitation before WI on Wednesday, hope for a sts but understand a small gain!!
Friday Dinner: Indian take out, chicken dahnsak and boiled rice (6 syns)

Saturday: Mushroom and tomato omlette, cheese straws, home made birthday cake. Bottle of First Cape fizz 5.5% and a couple of vodka soda and limes....running around all day forgot to eat a proper lunch or dinner!!

Sunday (Mothers Day)
Breakfast in bed: Bacon and egg doorstep sarnie with brown sauce and a pot of tea.
Lunch: Gammon and sirloin steak with a fried egg, large jaket spud, coleslaw and a mixed salad. Homemade chocolate cake washed down with a bottle of First cape fizz
Snack whilst watching films, mini eggs and caramels, a couple of Vodka soda and limes.
Tea: Ham, cheese and coleslaw toastie
Supper: Chocolate philli on toast.

Today
Breakfast: Dorset fruity porridge and a chopped banana (HE a and b)
Snack: Loads of fruit,
Lunch: mixed salad and mackrel in tomaro sauce, muller youghurt.
Dinner: Beef steaks, mashed spud, veggies and onion gravy.

Why do I find it so difficult to get back on track after a blow out!! Ended up helping Mr PD with a bar of fruit and nut last night....more syns!!! probably had a strip of a large bar in total, not sure of the syns but guessing at at least 10!!!
Today's food
Breakfast: Dorset fruity porridge with chopped banana (He a and b)
Snack:Apple, satsuma, banana
Lunch: Left over mash, carrotts, cabbage and brocolli with onion and mushroom gravy and a muller yoghurt.
Dinner: Gammon steak with an egg, veggies and a small jacket spud or Jacket spud beans and an omlette with veggies in, not sure yet.

Just ended up being tempted by the sandwich selection in a lunch time meeting, four small sarnies (two slices of bread in total!) would call one slice my second Heb and go green but I had ham in one sandwich and pastrami in another!!!....this week really is an epic fail...need to pull myself together!!

Last edited:
It's really not easy sometimes is it. It only takes a split second to make the wring choice and then it's too late.

I'm just watching supersize for inspiration, self gratification and motivation lol.

Kath I do often think when watching biggest loser or a year to save my life, there but for the grace of god!! at least I am doing something about it finally, before it becomes insurmountable....I am in awe of some of the lovely ladies on here that have lost so much more than I need to lose, the level of motivation they show, I am struggling at times with the thought of it taking a year or more!! How are you feeling about WI? I am going so I can see what the damage is and hopefully get a kick up the bum!! I know it will be a gain this week, I just hope it's not too horrible a gain!!

Last night I decided to go green so I had quorn sausages (1 syn) and a jacket spud with cheese (hea2) and beans, count one slice of bread as (heb2) and syn the other and the slice of ham and pastrami, all together about 7 syns.
Today's food
Breakfast: Dorset fruity porridge made with skimmed milk and water, a plum and a cup of green tea.
Snack:Banana, apple and satsuma.
Lunch:Mixed salad with sardines and a muller yog.
Dinner:Gammon steak with veggies.

WI showed a 0.5lb gain, could of been alot worse!!
Today is a fresh week!!
Breakfast: Bran flakes with a chopped banana and a muller yog.
Snack:Apple
Lunch: Mixed salad with tuna and a jacket spud with a sachet of mayo (3syns?)
Dinner:Not sure but maybe Quorn sausage, small jacket spud and veggies.

Ahh you must be chuffed with that all things considered.!

Yes Kath I am not to dissapointed with that...find it hard to get back on it though!!
Got home at 9 o'clock to find the left overs from an indian takeaway had been saved for me, I had't had any syns yesterday so I had boiled rice and half a portion of rogan josh (6.5 syns for an avarage portion) and a spoonful of sag aloo (can't find the syns but its potato and spinich so I'm guessing 3 syns for a spoonful?)
Today's food
Breakfast:slice of wholemeal toast(HEb) scrambled egg, mushroom, tomato and baked beans.
Couple of cups of tea (milk for Hea)
Snack:Apple, plum and a muller yog
Lunch: mixed salad, tuna and jacket spud with a small sachet of mayo....becoming a bit of a habit but find it so filling!!
Dinner:Going to a friends for dinner, I think he's doing fajhitas so I'm planning on having the chicken filling with salad...(and maybe a little snack before I go!!) will probably have a glass or three of the 5.5% wine....it's becoming a good friend!! x

Last edited:
So how did the fajitas go?

I've decided it's all or nothing for me with the wine thing unless I'm at someones house and taken a bottle of 5.5

Totally lost track of what I drunk on Friday night at the restaurant and pubs.

The fajitas were fine, I had just the one with a side salad, 6syns for a small flour tortilla..not too bad...but, sat out in the garden around a lovely fire basket and ended up drinking two bottles of the low alcohol fizz, and three quaters of a normal bottle...another 40 odd syns!!!
Saturdays food
Breakfast: Baked beans and a small jacket spud.
Lunch: Tinned veggie chilli and rice.
Dinner: Quorn sausage (1 and a half syns) mash, brussell sprouts, cauliflower and carrots with gravey (2 syns)
Sunday food
Breakfast: Muller greek yog and a banana (half a syn)
Lunch: Veggie bolognaise and spagetti with a table spoon of parmasan cheese (1.5 syns)
Two glasses of wine made into spritzers (12 syns)
Dinner: small steak with mixed salad, mushrooms, onions and a fry lighted egg.
Snack: Alpen light bar (3 syns?)

Just added up my syn for the week so far to 105...so cross with myself, bloody bloody wine and alcohol!!!....need restraint!!

Last edited:
Yesterdays food.
Breakfast: Special K and chopped banana (0.5 Hea and b)
Snack: Apple, banana, mugshot
Lunch: Mixed salad and mackerel in tomato sauce, muller greek (0.5syn)
Dinner: veggie bolognaise, muller greek (0.5syn)
Snack: ham and chilli lowlow (0.5 Hea ) on left over pasta.

Today's food.
Breakfast: vanilla muller light, chopped strawberry's and bananas.
Lunch: Half an egg salad sandwich (Heb) large mixed salad, mugshot.
Snack:Apple, banana, muller greek (0.5 syns)
Dinner: veggie mince, mashed swede and veggies......very veggie!!!

maybe some beans on toast if I get peckish later with my 2nd Heb?....got a huge appetite at the mo!!

Back