people from wigan area

mrs lever

you may already know this and im sure other councils may have something similar, but the local authority have a nhs group called lose weight feel great and it gives you 12 weeks of slimming world free! it also gives u a 45 minute exercise class and you dnt have to have alot of weight to lose to qualify. Sorry if you already know this

you may already know this and im sure other councils may have something similar, but the local authority have a nhs group called lose weight feel great and it gives you 12 weeks of slimming world free! it also gives u a 45 minute exercise class and you dnt have to have alot of weight to lose to qualify. Sorry if you already know this

I live in Lancashire and didn't know this - I live in Ormskirk so not far from Wigan ... how do you find out more? x

I live in Lancashire and didn't know this - I live in Ormskirk so not far from Wigan ... how do you find out more? x

I think they will come under different health authoities, so it maybe different in Ormskirk, I am not far from you btw, who is your C?:)

I live in Sunderland and doctors here can do that too, problem is to use the voucher you can't have been attending and paying already in the last 6 months!

im from atherton cocktail princess so not far at all. Last night my consultant Tracy urged current members to ring the number as they were entitled to as long as they had not accessed it in the last 12 months. They also have a website

http://www.lwfg.co.uk/index.aspx

yeah always good to know and im sure i will be asking for lots of advice. Your weight loss is fantastic !!!!!

Hi there

I'm from Winstanley so not too far from both of you either.

oooh- not far at all!
The problem with Wigan is that (despite it being a stereotype) it IS full of pie shops- lol

In Hindley we have a new restaurant called 'Summat to Ate' and it is perfect for SW. It does steaks served on a hot rock so you cook it yourself at the table (without oil). You can get this with a jacket potato and veg, so free on EE
x

oooh sounds good may have to venture that way, and the pie shop is very true, atherton is very small with a small high street and it has at least 3 pie shops and prob 4 cafe all have a variety of pies on the menu

Just wanted to add to this post on a different subject, but relevant to Wigan:

In wigan market hall there is a new sausage stall (I think it is actually called 'the sausage stall' lol) that has opened up and it sells 'sin free sausages'- I asked if they meant 'syn' free and he said yes- the guy said they have applied to have them endorsed by SW and the endorsement should be through any day- but he said he knew they were defo syn free and the certificate is a formality.

I bought some of the plain pork ones and they were DELICIOUS- really fat and juicy- like proper good sausages. They did several flavours, can't remember exactly but I am going back for more and can HIGHLY recommend them

xxxx

Thanks for the info mrs lever. My boyfriend lives in Wigan (well Standish), but I live in Manchester, and we spend most of our time here, unfortunately.
Lovely to see some local people though!

You're right about the pie shops in Wigan, eeeek. I tend to go to Subway on Standishgate and get a salad bowl - always healthy!

hello wiganers! i've lived in dundee for 22 years and consider my self scottish but i was born in billinge and lived in ashton-in-makerfield till i was 7, most of my family live in hindley and my maiden name was Atherton, so just wanted to say hellooo! :)

hello wiganers! i've lived in dundee for 22 years and consider my self scottish but i was born in billinge and lived in ashton-in-makerfield till i was 7, most of my family live in hindley and my maiden name was Atherton, so just wanted to say hellooo! :)
Hi:p from sunny Wigan!

I love in Hindley now so am probably close to your family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back