People who go it alone

Snozzberry

How easy do you find it?

I rejoined this week but now our little girl needs to go into nursery an extra day a week and money is even tighter so I fear SW will need to go already,

I can live without the group - I'm not crazy about the format anyway and find them dull rather than supportive.

It's the access to lifeline online that I am concerned about. Is it just as easy to follow the plan using the books and minimins to find out HEs and syns?

I go it alone as well, and have done since last year. With the help of Minimins and Facebook, I've managed fine. Like Nikki, I've set myself a regular weigh-in day and usually report to Capricorn!! :D

I didn't really enjoy the group I went to - I find this site and FB much more informative and supportive, so I'm sure you can do it!! If you start falling off the wagon, maybe think about going back to group and buying a Countdown? Personally, I wouldn't bother! ;)

I go alone also has hours of work are too long, and I find it fine, with the help of minimins its just as good as going to group. I have been doing it alone for 2 weeks so far and have lost 6lbs. Good Luck xx

I do it alone - can't afford to pay for the groups. I've got some quite old books which I got when I joined a few years ago, which I use to record my losses each week, and I use this forum on a daily basis to log my food diary, check out recipes and syns, and all the other fab stuff that's on here.

I do it alone too and have lost 3 and a bit stone since April. I have never felt the need for a group and haven't enjoyed going to them in the past. If your head is in the right place to succeed and you stick to the plan you will do fine. Good luck!

i do SW on my own. using this site for support and to resolve any unclear food queries. great site. i post my weighins, losses etc. great site. you can do it.

Everyone is different, some can do it alone really sucessfully, some try and then join a group, some (like me) simply could not do it alone.
I need someone else to weigh me and I need the group support - you get out what you put in with groups in my opinion.

However, I do agree that if you are fully focused then you can do it alone.
If it were me and money was tight I'd do all I could to still find the money to go to group, even if it meant changing the food I bought and dropping any treats I may have.

It is, however, up to you hun! Just my opinion :)
Good luck.

I did it alone for the first week but then joined a class as I don't have any scales and don't want to get into a habbit of weighing myself too often. My mum has been doing it alone due to long hours for the last 7 months and has lost almost 5 stone now so it can be done. I found this website really useful for queries and support though.

I think once you've got the books (they helped me hugely) it's really down to you to keep you motivated so I shouldn't see any problem as long as you think you can do it!

Plus, you can always rejoin down the line if you find it too difficult. Good luck either way :)

Emily

same as what the other have said, as long as your focused and say come here ALOT *like i do* for the support new idea etc then i find it ok, I bought the starter pack in email form from a good auction site ;-), and the rest is here. Just make sure you are strict with yourself Choose a weighin day and make sure you stick same time etc or you'll start "kidding" yourself which you just can't do at class..

Thank you everyone, that's really helpful to know it can be done. I just can't justify £20 a month when Christmas is coming and we have other financial commitments too. Maybe in the new year when I'm not saving like mad for Christmas and I find its not working for me alone I could rejoin a group, but I honestly can think of better ways to spend a winter's Monday evening than sitting in a big circle getting a dumb bum and wonder if we'll EVER get to the last person. Judging by the number of people playing with their iPhones throughout Image Therapy on Monday I am not alone in this lol.

I also really want to save up for a bike in the new year, so paying for SW is a long way down my list of priorities at present.

I think I will be becoming one of these people very soon. I'm starting to like my group, many many many months later, but my new uni timetable isn't very accommodating, unless I rely on my 9am lecture finishing slightly early so I can run to the bus stop, hoping the bus will come slightly early so I can get to WI, hoping the C will start late, and then to be back by 11am for my next lecture when I really want to win SOTW just once but class always runs over... :sigh:!

MiniMins is enough support :) And I can copy stickers and I can be SOTW and SOTM every W and M! No prizes, mind, but ah well... I can treat myself to a new top at the end of the month with that £19.80!

xxx

I'm also starting to go it alone....new job and longer hours means really diff to get to group, not impossible but want to settle work and home life first and if I really need the group can start again.
I have everything I need and the support of all you amazing people so no reason for me not to succeed.....also found myself going royally off plan whilst at group anyway.
Your have to be in the right place and I really think I'm there now so fingers crossed :rolleyes:
x

I also go it alone. I found that everytime I googled a syn value, it brought me to this site, so here I am! The support here is great.

In my one-woman club, I set little challenges for a bit of variety. (Yes, it is sad LOL)

Last week was "100% week".
This week is "20 minute workout a day week".
Next week - don't know yet - maybe "eat a weird fruit a day week!"

As long as you write everything down, be honest with yourself and keep popping in here, you can't go wrong. Good luck x

I also go it alone. I found that everytime I googled a syn value, it brought me to this site, so here I am! The support here is great.

In my one-woman club, I set little challenges for a bit of variety. (Yes, it is sad LOL)

Last week was "100% week".
This week is "20 minute workout a day week".
Next week - don't know yet - maybe "eat a weird fruit a day week!"

As long as you write everything down, be honest with yourself and keep popping in here, you can't go wrong. Good luck x

Love it.....I'm a one woman club too wohoo :D

Go it alone sticky

Another 'Going it Alone'. I had been using Bodyoptimise for years as SW didn't have classes in Eire. Infortunately although I really enjoyed the SW magazines etc., etc., never understood the basic principles of HEX's etc. etc. and there was no support.

When SW started classes here, the nearest one was quite a distance from home, but I joined and learned a lot, especially with the packs that came with the membership. Making it to the classes became a problem for a variety of reasons BUT then I found *** minimins *** :happy096: and can't believe my luck- it IS possible to go it alone and succeed with all the help available here.

Just wondering if it would be possible to make this a sticky thread as there seems to be a lot of us here?

Good luck everyone xxx

I go it alone too as I dont work the same hours every week so going to a class would be virtually impossible so minimins has been a great lifeline for me. I weigh in at the sametime every week, give myself virtual awards & keep a food diary. I got the food directory & the starter pack from the internet & friends who had previously tried SW. I would definately recommend joining one of the teams on here though to keep your spirits up if youre having bad day. Team Queen size to Princess has been a great support to me.

Good Luck with your journey x

I don't think this thread will be made a sticky as it is may be seen as encouraging people to use the plan unfairly.

Other threads like this have had irritated paying members - who then post that it is unfair on paying members for non payers to get the benefits for free.

Also I think that the site hosts would come in for a bashing from Slimming world for encouraging folk to use the plan in this way - as essentially the site would be seen to be 'encouraging folk' to 'cheat' and therefore the Slimming World business they have built over the years would be losing money.

I totally understand the inability to pay tho and if you know something works for you and you really cant afford to go it is a temptation to do as you have - may be prudent to keep it to yourself tho!

I hope this post is taken as it is meant - which is as observation and not criticism.:)

Back