People who go it alone

Understand what you're saying, but personally I'm a Body Optimise member so am paying the same as everyone else!

Hi MargyParker, I fully understand your point and of course, when you put it that way it is not fair on those who paying a subscription. I suppose I was approaching it from the view that I like Beegee, am also a Body Optimise member and paying a membership. So no offence taken whatsoever and thanks for your post.

Marian x

People who are paying to go to class are paying for the support and motivation that the class offers.

I don't think it is "cheating" to go it alone. It is just a healthy eating plan eating everyday foods available in the supermarkets. No organisation has the monopoly on healthy eating.

Hope I don't come across as rude - not meant to but got to post and run x

I do it at home, i did go to a class, but it was dull and not giving me the support i needed, im sure many classes do give the support, but im doing better at home, and with the help of minimins, im doing good

People who are paying to go to class are paying for the support and motivation that the class offers.

I don't think it is "cheating" to go it alone. It is just a healthy eating plan eating everyday foods available in the supermarkets. No organisation has the monopoly on healthy eating.

Hope I don't come across as rude - not meant to but got to post and run x

Yes I see what you mean - however again not being rude or inflamatory but "someone" started this plan in the beginning and "someone" is paying to keep the business running which includes research into new foods for syn values etc. Lots of "someones" pay subscriptions to fund the ongoing business by way of contributions and I think this is probably where the bad feelings come in. May be wrong tho! Has been known!

Apologies to those paying and on Body Optimise - no malice was intended to anyone, I am using this method myself but somehow or other I have never really considered it to be doing the plan alone. Prob because I rely on this marvellous site so much and also because I have been able to find everything I need on the Body Optimise site!

Onwards and [STRIKE]upwards[/STRIKE]! - downwards! :D

quicky flicky through all diaries i am subscribed to (well, the first couple of pages anyway! not enough time to do this properly before xfactor starts!)

if you want, if you would like to, please join in the october flabfighters challenge! i know some of you have done it already and it's been lovely talking to you on the thread! anyone else who wants to join up for a teeny bit of extra support, please feel free :) link below, just pick a colour, add your name and the amount you wish to lose, and update weekly with any changes! good luck to everyone, and hope you're having a brilliant weekend :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/170932-flabfighters-october-challenge.html#post2868579

I'm signed up to BodyOptimise (so am paying, to avoid any snide comments!!!!), but I consider myself to be going it 'alone' without class - I'm finding it very easy, but I love this site as I have somewhere to come and report my progress, which I really like! I also report my weekly weigh-in to quite a lot of people - I think it's accountability which is important to keep you motivated, and I think there are a number of ways you can do that.

Slimming World classes aren't easily available for me, and I have never liked classes in the past, so this is working well for me at the moment.

I only went to three weigh ins and didnt enjoy them at all (no offence to anyone who loves them) I tried 2 different groups but I really didnt like the negativity. Ive been going it alone for 4 weeks now (got my 8th weigh in on Tues) I lost more when I used to go to group but I think thats cos I had just started the plan so you always lose more at the start. I dont really struggle at home and have started saving the £5 a week I would have been spending in order to treat myself with some fab new clothes when i reach little targets that I keep setting myself :)

I'm going it alone, but purely for the reason no groups in my area, any SW managerial peoples out there, introduce SW to the Isle Of Man please!

What an interesting thread.
FWIW, I have seen no-one call anyone else a cheat, nor make any snide comments about anyone going it alone, be it for financial reasons, lack of group availability or schedule or any other reason. I hope this thread doesnt descend into carnage. The consultants KNOW that people will turn up to group once just to get the materials to go it alone, or that they will be bought elsewhere, like on ebay, because the plan DOES work well for the majority of people.

What works best for one person will not necessarily work best for another - and while I do go to group, I still use this place for support in between times - the bottom line is we all need some sort of support to do this or we wouldnt be here, or weighing in online, or going to group at all.

Personally, I have no objections at all to people who dont pay and still follow the plan - the main thing in my mind is that they are working hard to get themselves healthier, and thats really all that matters.

But SW is a business first and foremost and they work hard to make sure that we have the most up to date information that they can provide, and if we all just took the information for free, then there would be no SW and no plan for us to follow.

Back