Total Solution Perfectly Good Plan.

Empath

See, that's my problem... :rolleyes:
I start off with the very best of intentions and then somewhere along the way, I get side-tracked, because I find an excuse to stray away from what I want into what destiny wants for me. Destiny seems to have decided that myself and garlic chips should spend far too much time together, and destiny needs to back off.

So, I'm here, it's Wednesday, and come Sunday, I should be making a shake, having prepared my system for the shock of ketosis. I need to step up my water intake too, little by little, and then straight into Total Solution. So that's the plan.

(I'm really going to miss milk. How do I cope without milk?! How do YOU cope without milk?) :sigh:

Last edited:
Welcome! :)

I've just finished week one and it was easier than I expected.

I don't really like milk, so haven't missed it at all, black tea is still a godsend :)

Good luck and keep posting!

L

I start off with the very best of intentions and then somewhere along the way, I get side-tracked, because I find an excuse to stray away from what I want into what destiny wants for me. Destiny seems to have decided that myself and garlic chips should spend far too much time together, and destiny needs to back off.

So, I'm here, it's Wednesday, and come Sunday, I should be making a shake, having prepared my system for the shock of ketosis. I need to step up my water intake too, little by little, and then straight into Total Solution. So that's the plan.

(I'm really going to miss milk. How do I cope without milk?! How do YOU cope without milk?) :sigh:

I really did miss my milk, after a couple of days it wasnt so bad but I would say a coffee with milk is what I am missing most! Its worth it though....it will just be for a few months (thats what I tell myself! ).

Take care

xx

Thank you for the welcome!
My 'break' in the morning once the children are in school and I have the morning over is invariably to have a latte, so milky-coffee is a BIG part of my normal day to day routine, and I know that will be hard.
That said "it will just be for a few months" is a really good attitude, so I will remind myself that when I'm sobbing into my herbal tea ;)
It'll be worth it.

You can add vanilla shake powder and sweeteners to black coffee and get a fair substitute for your milky favourites. Or simply add coffee granules and sweetener to a whole vanilla shake pack! Good luck x

Thank you - yes! I will DEFINATELY experiment with the "vanilla shake as milk substitute" method.

Today, I have made a concerted effort NOT to put things in my mouth without thinking first, and the number of times my hand just goes out to take something to nibble is alarming. I never considered myself a grazer, but one biscuit here and a handful of crisps there clearly comes at a price. :rolleyes:
On a practical day-to-day level, I have a bunch of children to make dinner for, so in a bid to reduce my calorie intake in the run-up to Sunday, I had a little tuna for dinner - when everyone else got creamy mashed potatoes, veg and gravy and sausages... there's me serving platefuls of food that I'm not having a share of, but it can't be helped. I suppose there will be 100 little things every day that I hadn't taken into account, and I haven't even properly started yet... but I'll figure it out. We're all in this together, right? :)

Hubs works late, and last night texted, offering to bring home garlic chips and kebabs. Ohhh, the torment!
I managed to say 'no' to the saucey devil-chips, but he got me a saladdy chicken (not doner :D ) kebab and it was very delicious, and I didn't miss the Coke or Chips in the end, because I still felt like I was part of it, if that makes any sense? I'm not going to beat myself up over it, either. Today I will keep nibbling to a minimum and keep drinking water. My stairs carpet will need replacing, I'm back and forth to pee so much! Very focused on Sunday, when TS will start properly!

Only part of a tfr I can't stand... The no milk!!!!

*cries!!!!

Thank you - yes! I will DEFINATELY experiment with the "vanilla shake as milk substitute" method.

Today, I have made a concerted effort NOT to put things in my mouth without thinking first, and the number of times my hand just goes out to take something to nibble is alarming. I never considered myself a grazer, but one biscuit here and a handful of crisps there clearly comes at a price. :rolleyes:
On a practical day-to-day level, I have a bunch of children to make dinner for, so in a bid to reduce my calorie intake in the run-up to Sunday, I had a little tuna for dinner - when everyone else got creamy mashed potatoes, veg and gravy and sausages... there's me serving platefuls of food that I'm not having a share of, but it can't be helped. I suppose there will be 100 little things every day that I hadn't taken into account, and I haven't even properly started yet... but I'll figure it out. We're all in this together, right? :)

This is true of most mothers Id say...!!

Ps make sure ya add at least three tablet sweeteners to the vanilla shake if you plan to add coffee (add one at a time till it's sweet enough though)

I make the shake normally the microwave it till its hot add my coffee and sweetener then :)

It's not amazing but it does the job

Thanks! As true as that may be, I will follow those instructions, and convince myself that it is JUST as nice as a latté, if not better. ;)
I shall continue to tell myself these little white lies until I have dropped two dress sizes, and then we can review the Honesty Policy!

Bahahah I like your style... If you wanna be extra posh make your coffee first add yer sweetness and throw the shake mixture and the coffee in a blender
... It's a little more convincing hah

Hi Empath, no milk was a really tough thing for me. I started with using the vanilla shake in coffee but then I just bit the bullet and went black coffee. I hated it at first but after about a fortnight I got used to it and after a month I couldn't drink it after my husband accidentally put milk in it. I never thought that would happen. My occasional builders brew (tea) has to have a bit of milk though. Peppermint or fennel tea have been good as an alternative.
I like vanilla shake made with chai tea too. It's warm and comforting.

Good luck on your journey :)

Ooh, vanilla-shake-chai sounds like something I could totally get on board with. These are great suggestions! :)

So today went quite okay, lots of water and avoiding anything carby, or sweet. I'm feeling hungry now, on and off, and each time that happens I take a drink of water and busy myself with other things... like ordering a bunch of double chocolate bars, and more desserty-type exante meals. I don't have a very sweet tooth, but I don't want to feel utterly deprived either. I was GOING to say "everything in moderation" - but that seems a bit redundant on a VLCD, now doesn't it? :giggle:

Hubs has taken an interest in the diet too now, so I may have a comrade-in-arms.
Does fighting over who gets the double chocolate bars count as 20minutes exercise? :p Hmmm, probably not...

Like the others said for milk substitute ...
I whizz 1/4 of a shake up in a blender to add to my coffee every morn- then count that as an extra 50 cals or have the remaining 3/4 as a meal later... Tried vanilla, mint choc and choc so far and liked all of them. A little waldens sugar free syrup to sweeten. I actually prefer it to my old milk coffee! How boring that was. The blender makes my coffee all bubbly on top. Delish!

Great way to ease in to TS. That's what I did, 4 weeks on and no looking back. Good luck with it all :) here to be nosy!! Xx

Biz - when I first joined the site I spent a while just reading through how other people started their TS, annnnd, I openly admit that your approach was what I adopted. I love your updates (and I'm glad you have the letter sorted, and that you can put your head where it's better off now) and grin each time you post one of your meal-pics. Oh, and you're already the Queen of Positivity - I don't know how you keep so peppy, but it's wonderful, so yay you! :D

I need to look for the Waldens things... I've never seen the brand in shops, so I'll have a bit of a look in the healthfoody type places.
Thank you for the welcome and good wishes. I'm determined the TS will work for me, and I'll be a new woman come Christmas.
There's a lovely atmosphere on this site.

Heading into a busy weekend, so I shouldn't be about again until probably Monday, BY WHICH TIME I shall have started TS 100% properly, so that's quite exciting.
The Chinese plan mentioned earlier was taken care of with a plain omelette, and avoiding rice and noodles and y'know, anything fun :p

Tomorrow we are visiting relations of Hubs, but also I'm meeting my mum who I never get to see, so that'll be nice.
Next time I'm here, I'll be a proper Exantian and on my way to a lighter me! :D

(Have a great weekend!)

Heading into a busy weekend, so I shouldn't be about again until probably Monday, BY WHICH TIME I shall have started TS 100% properly, so that's quite exciting.
The Chinese plan mentioned earlier was taken care of with a plain omelette, and avoiding rice and noodles and y'know, anything fun :p

Tomorrow we are visiting relations of Hubs, but also I'm meeting my mum who I never get to see, so that'll be nice.
Next time I'm here, I'll be a proper Exantian and on my way to a lighter me! :D

(Have a great weekend!)

Have fun and well done on the good choices xx

Such an adventure!

It was difficult to get up this morning, but once the children were gone to school I set about sorting out the Strawberry Shake.
I definitely own a shaker thingy, I used to whip cream with it, but because I wanted to use it, it was hiding. I still haven't found it.
Nevermind! I have a whizzy whisk, and a jug, soooo I mixed the shake in that aswell, and erring on the side of caution, I used 225mls of water (safely 200-250ml)
and sloshed it into a pint-glass, and it was really nice. So nice, that lulled me into a false sense of security :D

One hour later and I was pacing the kitchen, complaining aloud that I was starving to death (which obviously, I was not doing)
Hubs reminded me that Bovril exists, so I tried a cup of that, and lied to myself about how much I like Bovril.
Get real, it's Bovril. It's ration food, and my limited edition jar of it has a cheery 40's advert on it for some anniversary, which led to my muttering sarcastic comments about how I can always buy more when I get more stamps in my ration-book, at the end of three weeks, because there's a war on.

By lunchtime I was hangry. That's the angry that happens when I'm hungry. It's totally a real word.
I quite like cooking, so following the instructions on the packet of Bean Chilli was peculiar. Add hot water. Mix. Microwave. Stir. Microwave again. Wait.
After each step it looked a little less like puddle-water and a bit more like catfood, but it tasted okay and the texture of the red kidney-beans was surprisingly nice. I think I'd resigned myself to drinking it, so the pleasant bulk it eventually acquired was welcome. I added some tabasco and herbs. That helped too.

Lots of water and normal day-to-day stuff happened, and although I complained a bit, it wasn't too bad.
Got caught in the rain whilst on my "ABSOLUTELY MUST GO FOR A WALK!" walk, but it passed off quickly enough, and I felt good about having gone.

I had been looking forward to suppertime, which was a soup. Tomato and Basil.
I know there's no accounting for taste, but sweet sufferance, it was vile. Oh, it was really horrid.
It was a bubbly lobster-bisque shade of peach, with the texture of pva glue. Bleurghh!!
Why did I leave the soup til last?

So! Lessons learned today:
Strawberry shakes are something I could live on.
I'm a cranky cow when I'm hungry.
Whisking Boiling water and soup-powder in a shallow bowl is stupid and dangerous.
I will never, ever, ever order the Tomato Soup again.

I think I can do this.
Total Solution 100%.

haha you can definitely do it! I've only had one soup (thai chicken) it was lovely, but not as filling as one of the meals.

Good luck for another 100% day tomorrow!

Back