Total Solution Perfectly Good Plan.

Pahaha I love Todays entry! Hilarious. So real! I feel like I'm there with ya ;) so many emotions in one day. TS is sent to try us!! X

I done cambridge a few years ago and hated the soups, i have some lurking in my exante starter pack which I am avoiding at the mo!

Try adding garlic powder to override the gross flavours ;) x

Laughter is totally fine ;)

Getting into ketosis is straighforward, they said. Just like riding a bike!
Except the bike is on fire. And the ground is on fire. And everything is on fire. Because you're in hell. :flamingmad:

I woke up with a headache, mild to begin with, but it has gotten worse as they day has progressed.
I took some paracetamol. I may as well have just kicked them down the garden for all the good they did.

I was so looking forward to breakfast, I really honestly was - Maple Pancakes. Usually, I love pancakes. I only ever make them once a year, on pancake day, and I'm really good at it. This morning, I made up my Maple Pancake Exante mix, let it stand, spooned a small amount into the pan, and watched it doing what pancakes are supposed to do. Then I tried to flip it... and it scrunched itself up into a gummy ball of doughy goop, glued itself to the pan, and try as I might to unstick it, it wouldn't budge, so Pancake Number 1 ended up as a broken doughsplodge with a burnt bottom. I cried. I stood at my cooker, with pan in hand, crying. Those were my calories, and I really REALLY needed calories, and the failure was completely unexpected.

SuperHubs is very good at solutions (sometimes, to the point of frustration - because he doesn't understand that sometimes when I am upset, I just need to vent, so it gets the frustration out of my own head. If I show him a problem, he suggests ways to fix it, even if I can fix it myself, or if it's unfixable, and I love him for it) - so he suggests we go to McDonalds for Pancakes. I said no. I say "said" - it was more like a dragon wailing, but at least it was a 'No'... and his 2nd suggestion was way better. We should go buy a new non-stick pan. So we did that, and I made the pancakes up with my remaining mix, and they were weirdy pancakes, but I was hungry, and at least they resembled food, and came out of the new pan.

The headache got worse, and I don't know if it was hunger or the pancakes, but a strange queasy feeling arrived around mid-day.

Continuing yesterday's theme of 1940's rations, lunch was powdered eggs. Yuck. I added a lot of parsley and wolfed it down, telling myself that this was experience, and I needed to sample all of the different exante meals, so I knew which ones were keepers, and which ones should be buried in a dark, dark place.

Dinner was a vanilla shake, which I tried to make into a nice hot latté, but it wasn't very nice, because I had myself convinced it would feel milky, and it honestly didn't, and I really miss milk. next time, I will make it cold, and just accept that it's NOT milk, and I'll cope.

Went for a good walk. Didn't get too badly rained on. Drank lots of water.
STILL HAVE THE HEADACHE.

Hand on heart? I'm struggling. I hate feeling this way, but my Dad always said "When you're halfway through Hell, KEEP GOING."
And my Dad's usually right. :)

Day 2, TS 100%.

You've had me laughing out loud! Poor thing. All that joy (!) and hunger, too! These diets really tax the suffering individual x

It started so well!!

I woke up feeling fine, I had a Strawberry Shake for breakfast, and headed off out for my walk -
and it was sunny and bright for a change, so not only did I do double my usual route, I also went round via the 'up' hill.
Then the headache reappeared. *shakes fist at sky*

What's with these bloody headaches? ANYHOW, it wasn't as bad as yesterdays, so I continued my morning with water and pottering about.
Then Hubs said that he was having sausages and French bread. *awkward silence*
I may, perhaps have eaten a couple of the sausages and half a breadroll. :sign0007:
Hubs said I should just eat my normal exante lunch, and I had intended to... but I can't face making it.
I should be STARVING hungry by now, but I'm not.
I'm queasy, and the thought of food, ANY food, makes the nausea worse.
So I don't really know what to do now.

Did the wicked sausages switch off my normal hunger-sensors?
Has the exante thing triggered ketosis already?
Have I just screwed that up by having a bit of 'normal food'?

The headache is still there too... but it's mild, thankfully. I'm drinking my water normally, but the thought of food now is yuck. :sigh:

Your diary is bloody brilliant :D My headaches go as soon as I'm in ketosis. Which I might get to again one day. WE CAN DO IT!!!! XX

Thanks, Biz!! :thankyou:

Basically, I reckon if I put it down here, instead of trying to go it alone,

a) I'm accountable for it
b) Someone else going through The Horrors trying to get into ketosis or whatever will see they're not alone
c) Maybe I will learn from my mistakes

TODAY WAS GREAT!

I woke up, and thought "did someone punch me in the mouth? I can taste blood." :tongue:
But it wasn't blood - it was just the taste of iron, and that put me in a very good mood, because I've read up on ketosis side-effects and hey-presto! this must be the metallic taste a lot of people get. So yeah, I think I'm through the worst of the weirdy 'hovering around ketosis' sickness, because the headache which has been coming and going for 3 days mystically vanished as I was out walking, and hasn't returned since. Innnnnteresting.

Breakfast was a Banana Shake, which was cold and lovely, so I'm glad I ordered a bunch of those!

I weighed myself. Nope, that can't be right. Off the scales... onto the scales again. Holy Ketosis, Batman - I'm down 5lbs!! :bunnydance:
I couldn't believe it. I did a little happy dance in the bathroom. I texted my mother. Exante works.

So, I went for another lovely walk in the afternoon, around the lake (I did the hill this morning, y'see, and all things in moderation - including moderation ;) ) and it didn't matter that it was drizzling rain, because I'm getting lighter, and today is a GOOD DAY!

Lunch was supposed to be Shepherd's pie, but somewhere along the way I picked up the wrong packet and had the Curry one instead.
It looked crap, but tasted good, and the texture was good too(not as good as an Indian Take-Away would be, but those don't have 200 carefully measured nutritional calories, do they?) so I quite enjoyed that.

Postman arrived with my top-up order of nice things, so I have bars and porridges and desserty things now too in that box, so I'm spoilt for choice.
Queen Biz is right- WE CAN DO IT!!! x

Yeay 5lbs down is fabulous well done :clap:

5lbs is a good wee chunk of weight. Well done! Losing weight feels wonderful, doesn't it? xx

The weekend was crazy hectic - dropping children all over the place, and doing what admittedly WAS fun family stuff, but Sunday evening came, annnnnnd it seemed like such a good idea to have garlic cheese chips. The stupid part is, I usually really love chips, and even though I ate them, I wasn't even ENJOYING them, and then the guilt hit, and then I felt bloody awful, because not only had I fallen off the Exantewagon - but it wasn't even WORTH it. I know chips are full of carbs and fat and all sorts of things that knock you out of ketosis, and I accept that (but I'm very cross with myself for having the silly chips) so what's done is done.

This morning, I awoke, determined NOT to screw up the diet again, and so far so good.
Went for what should have been a nice walk, but I felt really tired (and I'm blaming EVERYTHING on the chips now, let's be honest) and didn't want to go for a walk, but I did, regardless of how crappy I was feeling, and was glad I did it, but more glad when it was over. Tomorrow will be better.

Breakfast was the Apple and Cinnamon Porridge - and it was really nice. I like that one a lot, so that was easy peasy.

For lunch I was very exciting and tried the Deliciously Different Beef and Black Bean...
Hmm. Delicious? No.
Different? Well, yeahhhh... because if you're EXPECTING a "beef and black bean" taste, you will think "no... no, that should taste DIFFERENT."
You know what fixes it? Soy Sauce :) it's quite okay then, sort of like a pot-noodle, without the noodles. But I felt fine after, and it was filling, so yay.

I tried the double choc bar, and although better than the peanut butter one (which I found deathly heavy and very hard to get down), it wouldn't be my favourite thing in the world. I think I was hoping for a sweet creamy chocolately thing, and turns out it was an exante bar. Naïve. I should have learned by now.

All things considered, it's been an okay day.

I know the chips last night knocked me out of ketosis, because that reassuring metal taste is gone, and I want to 'snack' (nope, not doing THAT again!) but with a bit of luck, I'll get back into ketosis in a day or so, and the weighing scales haven't budged, so i'll steer clear of those for a few days aswell until last nights transgression is nothing but a carby memory.

Back