*Periods and losing weight - detail*

I used to be on this cerazette a couple of years ago but I had to stop it due to the constant cravings of food, it was hell and made me really depressed.

Its definately the weight loss thats causing it, When you lose weight the fat cells break down and release extra oestrogen into your blood stream and its the extra hormone that causes the change.
It will settle down on its own as the body gets used to it x

I cannot think of anything else it could be! Xx :)

I'm also on Cerazette...!!

I'm thinking of coming off it when my next packet finishes, but I feel a bit reluctant to... not sure why?!

Lady who is 57!!! Not had period in 9 years had one last month at my group, she ran to doctor , he said was weight loss boosted her ovulation

To be honest, if I was that lady I would be demamding an appointment with a gynaecologist. Did he do a blood test? I think that's very suspect.

Anne
I can totally see where you are coming from I was the same with mine. They are not so bad in recent months though. Because I used to sometimes have quite heavy & painful ones the nurse said I could carry on my packs of pills instead of having the 7 day withdrawal bleed. So now I have one every 3 months instead & they are much lighter.
This has never effected my weight loss either. I can never blame star week for any gains as mine are never too bad lol.
Stacey xxx

MrsWilsoncroft said:
Anne
I can totally see where you are coming from I was the same with mine. They are not so bad in recent months though. Because I used to sometimes have quite heavy & painful ones the nurse said I could carry on my packs of pills instead of having the 7 day withdrawal bleed. So now I have one every 3 months instead & they are much lighter.
This has never effected my weight loss either. I can never blame star week for any gains as mine are never too bad lol.
Stacey xxx

Good to know. Thanks Hun. Sometimes I dislike being a woman lol!
Anna xx

Hey all,

I know this is not exactly related but I think this is the closest forum I have found to answer my question! Since starting slimming world I have suffered from a lot more bloating and weight gain the couple of days before my period and it really gets me down and makes me want to eat everything in sight! I had to re-join again after Christmas because I had run out of holiday and my first weigh-in back is tomorrow and I am bloated and feel horrible!

does anyone else find this is worse when on SW? or have any tips on how to relieve it?! I have been perfect all week and (I know I shouldnt do this but I cant help myself!) weighed myself Saturday night and had lost 5lb...this morning I have put 2lb back on :( :( :(

I really want a good loss to kick start me off again!

thanks

Lana

Am in real bad pain today. Before I had my son and was ever on the pill I had bad period pains. But have been bloated for 3 days and pain for 2. I feel like I'm gonna come on but nothing. Out of curiosity read up about cerazette as they have a website. Basicly it goes on about how ur periods are lighter and u may not have any and helps with period pain due to the fact it stops ur ovaries releasing eggs. Then WHY do I get bad pain. Bleed heavy for a long time. And instead of being less often it's starting to be regular! It was slowin originaly but now it's getin more often at least once a month and to my old cycle pattern and I am in agony for days n bleed lots and a right moody cow!

Vent over

Back