permi menopause =slow weight loss ?

Blessings

I'm having really slow weight loss, only about half a pound a week.
Is this normal?

Last edited:
Everyone loses at different rates, what is normal for one person might concern another! The main thing is that you are losing and steadily! How much are you wanting to lose? Which plan are you following? Can you give us an example of your food intake so we can see if there's anything you could tweak to improve things?

Thanks for your reply. I'm doing extra easy, with usually 2 bread plus protein and fruit for breakfast, baked potato and protein plus fruit for lunch and then some protein with rice for evening meal and 15 syns.....

Ok. Well, ideally your main meals should be 1/3 superfree - so thats one thing to try and make sure of firstly. Are there any veg you like? You dont mention eating any - so Im guessing you are more of a fruit person?

Also, hex B bread? What type? This can be important. If you cant stomach veg, then pick fruits which are marked S and SS to boost losses.

Personally, I chose to drop bread down to a bare minimum and have cereal bars or hi-fibre crispbreads as a Hex B.

Why not start a food diary in the food diary area and then we can have a look at what you eat over a week or so and see what we can tweak?

Variety is important too - much easier to stick to the plan if you have no chance of being bored with it.

Thanks. Yes I do like veg, and do include it, a lot of tomatoes, carrots, and cauliflower. The bread I have is gluten free and one listed on sw. I do struggle making one third superfree - I have to really make a conscious effort, but have been doing it. ... and I also do a food diary.
What do you think of reducing syns to maybe 10?

Well you can do, but lots of people lose just as well on the full 15 as they do on the 10. Its certainly something to consider trying.

You didnt mention how much you want/need to lose. If you dont have a lot to lose, then 1/2 lb a week would be understandable.

Hormonal changes can make a difference, but not necessarily. Metabolism does slow down as we age, and menopause can contribute to that, but as long as you stick to the plan, it will work.

I strongly recommend that you do consider writing a full food diary in the forum so that we can see exactly what your diet consists of. Its hard to say without more specific details if there is anything you could try to improve things :)

Back