Pesto

Red pesto is just 2.5 syns for a level tbsp and green is a bit higher. i use this regularly in pasta, either on its own or with phillie cheese.

Hi I use the green pesto all the time with my pasta,1 tbsp is only 2.5 syns and i mix it with virtually fat free fromage frais. Delicious!!!
I dont know any syn free ones or an alternative, maybe others do.
enjoy

Actually green pesto is a little bit higher than red

Basic/Non Branded Foods Dressing, Pesto sauce, green 1 level tbsp

extraeasy.gif
4 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4 Syns
green.gif
Green 4 Syns

The good thing about pesto is a little goes a long way.

My current favourite brekkie/snack is mixing 70g of quark with 1 teaspoon of pesto (1 syn) then spreading it on 4 sesame ryvitas (1 HEX B) and topping with sliced red and yellow baby tomatoes

There wouldn't really be a low syn version as its main incregients are pine nuts, basil, oil and parmesan. If you took out all the synny ingredients you are just left with basil
x

Pesto is high syns because of the oil in it, theres a recipe in the SW magazine for pesto though.

My current favourite brekkie/snack is mixing 70g of quark with 1 teaspoon of pesto (1 syn) then spreading it on 4 sesame ryvitas (1 HEX B) and topping with sliced red and yellow baby tomatoes

There wouldn't really be a low syn version as its main incregients are pine nuts, basil, oil and parmesan. If you took out all the synny ingredients you are just left with basil
x

LOL, that made me laugh :D

x

CP that sounds delicious! xxx

Yes that does sound delish as you'd get the flavour but as you say it will go a long way! I'm going to do the Quark thing for Ryvitas!X

I love red pesto, and as others have said it does go a long way. I use1 tablespoon on my pasta for 2.5 syns, and then top with a HEa portion of parmesan. I also throw in some cherry tomatoes etc. Is yummy.

Thanks for the salmon tip BMIC! Inspiring as usual!! I'm into salmon in a very big way at the moment- did your roasted tomato thing with the worcestershire sauce, mustard and e.l.mayo and it's now a firm fave in our house!!XXX

Back