pesto

mum of 2

Hi,

I was wondering, is there a recipe for syn free pesto?

Ive just had half a teaspoon on some pasta for my lunch, but can I make a syn free version?

Thanks

i havent heard of a syn free version, but you can make your own using a tbspn of olive oil and count it as your HexB if that helps? :) xx

i found this!!!

PESTO SAUCE

Ingredients;

1 tub quark
1 plant basil (yes the entire plant)
2 cloves garlic
1 oz cheddar cheese grated
1/2 tsp black pepper
Light soy sauce
Salt to taste

Method;

1, Wash off the basil leaves and peel the garlic. Put everything into a blender and blend until perfectly smooth. Put in the fridge for at least 24 hours. Check seasoning and consistency (should be about the thickness of double cream.) Add more soy sauce if too thick. Cook Pasta as normal and drain. Put back in the pan and add enough sauce to lightly coat the pasta (Not too much 250g dry pasta - 1-2 heaped tablespoons full).
The flavour is very strong and as such you don't require much of the sauce.

hmm i no....:rolleyes:

there is normally cheese in the real recipe though well parmastan(however u spell it lol) cheese.

i found it on some website saying s.w recipes!!

oh dear haha one of my closest friends is italian i reckon she'd have a fit if i showed her this :p i do usually go by the dont knock it til youve tried it rule but that just sounds plain wrong to me!

basil, parmesan/pecorino, garlic, salt and pepper, oil is all you need! i find its one of those things best kept simple ;) xx

i have to agree i think id rather syn the real thing coz u dont need that much of it anyway!!

but talking about traditional recipes made s.w style that s.w syn free KFC recipe when u see all the ingredients in that it aint no where near the real thing but it does taste good though!!

i still havent tried the kfc chicken yet but i have a jar of chicken bovril in the cupboard just waiting to be used :) does it taste like the real thing? i want to try it out on the family but i know they would probably prefer a real one :rolleyes: xx

i dont think it tastes that much like it really lol i dont think nothing can beat that taste of KFC ....mmmm

but its a good alternative!!

i cant stop thinking about KFC now :thinking2:

Thanks, for that recipe.

Although it still has cheddar in it etc. I think I'll stick to the original. Its not too bad. 4 syns for a tbsp and I had half a teaspoon. Aparantly there are 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon so I had a sixth of 4 syns. I counted it as 1 syn. So not bad for a little bit to just make the pasta taste nice.

mmmm I love pesto. Sainsbury's do a be good to yourself version which I have in the cupboard. I haven't checked how many syns it has yet but the fat content was a lot less than the standard variety.
I also picked up a walnut and ricotta pesto from Aldi at the weekend...dread to think how many syns that has but sounds lovely!!!!!

Back