PET'S CORNER - for all those with furry friends..

hes been home since about 4.30 yesterday, and has ate loads, drank water, peed and slept on the bed for hours.

i put him on our bed at about 5.30, and apart from taking him off the bed to take him to the kitchen and give him somthing to eat and drink and stand him in the litter tray, hes slept reallly soundly. eyes tight shut, paw over his face, stretching contentedly. this morning he was full pf purrs and meows and ate a big breakfast and took all of his medication. hes now shut in the diningroom and kitchen where he has a duvet to sleep on, his food in the kitchen and his litter tray in the kitchen porch. hes hopping aroud on 3 legs, and manged to get off the bed and follow me into the kitchen.
xxxx
Jo
will report back again a bit later
xxx
Good to hear he's doing ok

I've just read through Jacob's story with baited breath. So happy he is making such a fantastic recovery.

Love all the animal pics. We are going to get two rabbits this morning and we are on a waiting list at our local Cat Care for a kitten. Just got to think of some names now.

Can't wait :D

Ooh a pet thread! Will have to post piccies of mine. We have a 3 year old Lhasa Apso called Jasper - who is gorgeous but totally stubborn and disobedient! A 2 year old blue Burmese Cat called Piper who thinks he is a dog - he is so laid back and absolutely divine. A 10 month old chocolate Burmese called Annie who is an absolute nutter, very cheeky but totally beautiful. Lastly we have a 300L tank of tropical fish, mainly Oscars and Barbs. We're about to change to a marine tank though to get loads of nemos and stuff.

I would also love two guineau pigs but my hubby would leave home I think! LOL

Lynne x

hes been home since about 4.30 yesterday, and has ate loads, drank water, peed and slept on the bed for hours.

i put him on our bed at about 5.30, and apart from taking him off the bed to take him to the kitchen and give him somthing to eat and drink and stand him in the litter tray, hes slept reallly soundly. eyes tight shut, paw over his face, stretching contentedly. this morning he was full pf purrs and meows and ate a big breakfast and took all of his medication. hes now shut in the diningroom and kitchen where he has a duvet to sleep on, his food in the kitchen and his litter tray in the kitchen porch. hes hopping aroud on 3 legs, and manged to get off the bed and follow me into the kitchen.
xxxx
Jo
will report back again a bit later
xxx

So delighted and happy for you all.:)

I've just read through Jacob's story with baited breath. So happy he is making such a fantastic recovery.

Love all the animal pics. We are going to get two rabbits this morning and we are on a waiting list at our local Cat Care for a kitten. Just got to think of some names now.

Can't wait :D

Beatrix Potter's animal stories such a joy...Peter Rabbit,

Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail:)

{{{{{{{{Jo}}}}}}}} I'm so glad that Jacob has turned a corner. I've been thinking about him lots. Let's hope he goes from strength to strength :D

Mini, only you would call a rabbit Cotton-Tail hahahaha (well except for Beatrix Potter).

Our last two were Freddie and Wilma until we found that Wilma was another boy so had his name changed to Barney hahahaha

:D

Mini, only you would call a rabbit Cotton-Tail hahahaha (well except for Beatrix Potter).

Our last two were Freddie and Wilma until we found that Wilma was another boy so had his name changed to Barney hahahaha

We had rabbits growing up and one was called Butch!

He ran off one day we had him at the beach, he went down a rabbit hole and we never seen him again...I can still see his silhouette against the sun before he disappeared:( :rolleyes:

Jacob ate lots yesterday, drank water and peed. watched tv in the evening..did a poo in the litterbox..scratched the carpet in his favourite place..and slept a nice long deep relaxed sleep.

we took him to bed and he slept all night from 11pm til 5am, when he woke me, meowing and putting his paw on my face. i got out of bed, and he follwed me to the kitchen where he went straight in the litterbox and did a very runny poo, then we cleaned him off with baby wipes and went back to bed. at 8am he woke me again..so off we traiped to the kitchen, straight in the litterbox, wee, and runny poo.
hes now ate his breakfast, i just cooked a peice of fresh fish, and hes had all his pills and is now washing himself.

bit worried about the runny poos...

but other than that he seems really perky

xxx
Jo

Hi Jo,

Sounds like he is making a good recovery. I wouldn't worry about the runny poos yet, its probably either the meds he is on or the anaesthetic working its was out.

Are you giving him milk? If so stop that for a little while and then only use lactose free.

If this continues I would give the vet a call.

Thanks Mini - Teri Hatcher has a pair like mine :D

MONDAY 14th aug

had a goood weekend, getting a bit stronger everyday

it was the metacam drops that was naking Jacob poo. gave him an upset tummy, had a chat with the vet and she said stop giving it to him, within 24 hours the runny poos stopped.

will come back to report more in a minute..gotta dash...mums on the phone

getting quite mischevious!! sunday decided to do a runner out of the dining room, down the hall, and down the awkward open spiral staircase by him self!!

GAWD.....im living in a mad house!!!

mums just phoned panicking!!
her gardener was hedgeimming the pittosporum tree and has cut right through the overhead telephone cables!! ive had to call BT to get her sorted out.

anyway back to Jacob....i was at the top of the stairs and stevie was at the bottom , both saying 'easy..careful, whoops. omg... he did it!!

mind you it took it out of him, took Jacob over 2 hours to get his breathing back to normal again. he really over exherted himself..im like a paranoid mum with a new baby...every litttle wheeze or wobble, im thinking hes on the way out again with another heart attack

Jacob had roast chicken yesterday, and loved it. hid his pills in a bit of chicken and he ate it, cleaned the plate! hes had fresh fish, and liver...hes being very naughty with food...even licked the trifle bowl clean on saturday! ( its our bad habit to let them lick the plates..but they do like our food) jacob loves sprouts and gravy..once at christmas i left the spare sprouts in a bowl on the worktop in the kitchen, while we ate our roast, when i went back, the sprouts were all over the floor..half eaten.

came into bed this morning, and meowed and purred and kept prodding me with his paw until i got out of bed and gave him his breakfast

he keeps looking out, and waiting by doors, but i darent let him out he can only hobble around a little bit before hes all puffed out.

back to the vet tomorrow, so see how hes progressing. listen to the heart and see if we can tell whats happening there.

the big scar is healing well. i counted 38 stitches.

he cant scratch his left ear any more, cause no hind left leg, so he enjoys a good rub on the ears, and a gentle dig with your fingertips. and he cant wash his face with his left front paw..cause when he lifts it to wash..he falls over!

a benefit is..he can reach his 'bits' better to wash..no leg in the way

my lovely stripped pine polished wood floor in the dining room has had to be made skid proof..we now have a collection of rugs, and towels covering the floor. Jacob tends to get 'wheelspin' with his hind leg on the bare floor, and skids around and looks quite peeved off.

the cat food cupboard has been sniffed out again, and he rubs the door lovingly with his head, purring and chirruping. i ask him if he wants 'chicken turkey or fish' , and which ever one he chirrups is his choice. he even tried to stand on one hind leg and stretch his 2 front paws as high up to the work top as he could..only again he fell over.
you cannot balance on just 1 leg jacob!!

today he really really wanted to go downstairs. so i carried him down, and now he asleep behind the sofa in the garden lounge, i put his blanket in the conservatory thinking he would like some warmth and sun..but no..its behind the sofa between the curtain and the wall.

when he walks down the hall, it sounds like this.
pad pad thump. pad pad thump. pad pad thump

padpad being the 2 front feet walking on the wood. thump being the rear end following.

stevie says he looks like something off that video in the 80s. was it NewOrder? where they are on bouncy tripod things like weebels wobble but they dont fall down.

anyway..i think were over the worst now. but its still very early days. hes healing and recovering well. will always have a dodgey heart, and will never be the little chap he used to be, running around, chasing Tango, climbing trees etc. i used to put him in the big magnolia tree, he would climb up as far as he could, until the little thin branches would bend under his weight, then look down and meow, then scramble half way down and then jump onto my shoulder.

XXX
thants for all your good wishes and love over the past 2 weeks, its been very much needed at times. i will post some pics in the next day or so of our 3legged freind.
xxx love to all
Jo & Jacob
xxxxxxxxx

Hi Jo and Jacob - hey you could call him Jake the Peg now ;)

I am so glad he's getting better, Jo. I get more upset when my doggies are ill than i ever did when the kids were poorly!

OK then, as for the wooden floors, how about some paw wax?

http://www.shawspet.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=27964

You can get it from a pet shop or online and it's brilliant. My mate uses it for her dogs and cats on her wooden flooring and ceramic tiles :)

Back