Pharmacists

Jessaqua

I am becoming a little irritated by my pharmacist. She is nice enough, but I think basically she doesn't have a clue about the diet. She has responded to a few of my queries now with "yeh I'm sure that's fine" when infact I know that her information is not correct. She told my friend she could use Listerene Zero mouthwash & told me to try putting pepper or salt in the soup! when I pulled her up she told me to ring the lipotrim line to check! Hmmm isn't someone who is a pharmacist & certified to deliver the diet products supposed to know what's what? basically my poor friend has prob been wasting her time & money to date as she's been using the wrong mouthwash so probably not in ketosis, despite her battling through her first weekend trying to stick to it!

I went in for week 1 weigh in with a request sheet of various shakes, soups, and flap jacks I would like to try. I was told there were no flapjacks & no offer was made to order me some in if I so wished!

She also isn't keen on the soup herself, as she said she had tried them herself for a three week period & as a result she's so far just done her utmost to put me off them too!

I managed to get a sample of soup that she reluctantly gave to me saying it was on it's final day before expiry, but she gave it me with her face crinkled up saying it was awful! As it goes I'm really loving the soup as it smells like "real" food and tastes yummy for my evening meal. I like it as it's hot & filling.

I went back today for something else & told her I liked the soup & could she ensure there is more in for later this week when I am due my weigh in. I'm going to be really annoyed if I get there & basically as she doesn't rate it, she hasn't ordered it in for me!

Choice on this diet is limited enough in my opinion without only being given the choice of shakes! To be honest not fussed about trying flapjacks as sick of water drinking as it is so too much like hard work. But soup.......give me my soups!!!

I can't change pharmacy as closest one is too far to travel in my lunch hour, so I'm stuck here! I will see if she obliges my soup request at next weigh in & if not I'm going to be stamping my very large size 7 foot until I do! Arhhh there I feel better now........

You go girl!!!! I hope she has the soup in, I use it for my lunch everyday in work and it really is nice...

My pharmacist is pretty rubbish too, last 2 weeks I haven't seen him been passed on to the ladies on the counter!
Must say I thought we could use the mouth wash I have been using it through out with no problems and I do add pepper to my soup again with no problems. X

Mine's the same. He just wont agree to order me the soup or flap jacks. He says becoz majority dont like it i wont order it coz otherwise i end up throwing quite a bit. Agreeable but everyone's different. What if i end up liking them?

well she sounds a sodding nightmare!! ask to speak to manager and tell them how hard your trying and how damn unsupportive she is. pffft. the cow x

Aye, they're not doing you a 'favour'...you're friggin paying for the 'service'....make them do their job!!!

She is the manager! Lol nope my size 7 will have to do come weigh in day! ;0)

first time round i used a pretty rubbish pharmacy thats one reason I blame for putting weight back on as he gave no advice re refeed or coming off tfr have a really good pharmacist now who is very helpful x

Hi girlies, I am doing lipotrim at the moment and I also work in a pharmacy as a technician and have been trained in how to supply this diet. If you want soup or flapjacks they can order them easily, you can get most stuff in for the next day and even if they don't have many people on that flavour etc. They can send out of dates back and be credited for them. This is a service we should be supplying in helping people to get healthier not putting obstacles in the way making the journey harder then it is.xxxx

Well I went back & the pharmacist on Thursday & she told me she didn't have my soups in, but they should have arrived by Saturday! She had also lost my file! Thankfully I'm only planning on doing lipotrim for 1 month & then doing a refeed week, then changing over to slimming world as I have pretty good weight loss with that & I can still enjoy eating when I like as long as I follow the rules. It's just a bit slower than lipotrim would be.

As for the pharmacist, well I intend telling her why I'm changing & also explaining that she hasn't helped me as her advice has been conflicting, she has provided restrictive products which have been clearly based on her own preconceptions and preferences not mine & I don't feel she is organised or competent enough regarding the products or programme delivery.
It's a shame as I'm only doing this for a quick boost to start weight loss off, but someone else who needs to stay on lipotrim longer with more weight to lose may be being put off by such shoddy service & that's pretty sad.

Well I lost another 5lbs this week so happy with that. 2 more weeks to go & then a week of refeed, so hoping to get at least another 12 lbs off by the time I'm finished with my first ever lipotrim experience! :0)

She does sound very unhelpful and possibly uneducated in the diet. You would have every right to complain. In fact if you don't complain she will just carry on supplying it wrong.
She maybe needs retraining or they should put someone else in charge of the programme if the reason for her incompetence is down to her stubbornness

I went to my WI today having changed from a Tuesday.....my usual lady doesn't work on Saturday's. So I was weighed by the Saturday girl who couldn't be much older than 16 yrs old!!! I'm not sure how much training she's had but she worked my weight out wrong and I had to correct her!!! She turned her nose up about the diet too, by saying that the pharmacist was offering her a flapjack......I just said not a a LT one I hope as a joke and she said 'eeewwww no I'd never try them' Great way to promote your products.....NOT!! On a good note tho they did have ice drop mouth fresheners in stock so i got 2 and they are great :)

Back