Philadelphia garlic and herb

juicylucy.xx

Silver Member
Hiya, I wondered can we use this as a healthy extra on ee.x

No sorry it's only a B choice on green!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

juicylucy.xx said:
Hiya, I wondered can we use this as a healthy extra on ee.x

You can have 75g of any Philadelphia soft cheese that says 'medium fat soft cheese' under the word 'Philadelphia' on the top of the lid

Forgot to add, it's an A choice

You can have 75g of any Philadelphia soft cheese that says 'medium fat soft cheese' under the word 'Philadelphia' on the top of the lid

Forgot to add, it's an A choice

I don't think this is correct. As far as I was aware, the flavoured ones are only a B choice on green. Only Philly Light original is an A choice.

Chipmunk89 said:
I don't think this is correct. As far as I was aware, the flavoured ones are only a B choice on green. Only Philly Light original is an A choice.

Yes they are only a B choice on green!

Chipmunk89 said:

I looked online, on Extra Easy any that has 'medium fat soft cheese' under the word Philadelphia is an A choice

Yes it's the plain one,
The flavoured ones are only a B choice.

I took these screen caps to show the difference

Attachments

• image-3548682447.jpg
    image-3548682447.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 474
  • image-3749921647.jpg
    image-3749921647.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 468
ally7997 said:
Yes it's the plain one,
The flavoured ones are only a B choice.

I can't see where that's comes from?

I'm online now, on the healthy extra database, I select 'Extra Easy' then select 'B choice' and the only things that come up are Bread, Cereal Bars Cereals and Crispbreads, Dried Canned or Cooked Fruit, hi-fi bar (any flavour), oils, soups

On the 'A choice' there's '75g medium fat soft cheese'

So the options of any type of cheese isn't a healthy extra B on an extra easy day

Sorry the flavoured ones are only a B choice on GREEN, I missed that bit out!

ally7997 said:
Sorry the flavoured ones are only a B choice on GREEN, I missed that bit out!

There's no need for sarcasm!
The lady asked on EE and I answered her question regarding an EE day. It may only be a B choice on a Green day but any Philadelphia that says 'medium fat soft cheese' under the word Philadelphia on the lid is an A choice on EE

What? I wasn't being sarcastic at all! When I saw my other post I noticed I missed green off which is why you thought it was a B on EE and not green. That's why I said "sorry" as I wasn't clear!

I'm sorry if you thought I was being funny. I wasn't in the slightest.

But, only plain Philadelphia (light = medium fat soft cheese) is an A choice on any plan inc EE.

All flavoured Philadelphia's are only a B choice on green.

Do a search and you will find lots of other threads saying the same.

ally7997 said:
No sorry it's only a B choice on green!

From this comment to your comment I referred to as sarcastic, obviously I knew you'd said Green which is why I assumed you was being sarcastic but I apologise for assuming if you Infact wasn't.

I only know that any that say 'medium fat soft cheese' under philladelphia are a HE A.
Are the flavoured ones low fat soft cheese? If they are maybe that's why?

Laura_Cook said:
From this comment to your comment I referred to as sarcastic, obviously I knew you'd said Green which is why I assumed you was being sarcastic but I apologise for assuming if you Infact wasn't.

I only know that any that say 'medium fat soft cheese' under philladelphia are a HE A.
Are the flavoured ones low fat soft cheese? If they are maybe that's why?

I think it says medium fat soft cheese because it doesn't have to be the philidelphia brand for your HexA. You can have suermarket own brand medium fat soft cheese for example.

The flavoured Philly are not an A choice.

image-1995366428.jpg

image-2738380346.jpg

This has totally baffled me. The first one is nutritional values of Philadelphia Garlic and Herb, the second one is of Philadelphia Light plain. The values are the same apart from + 0.1 KJ and + 0.1g Sat Fat, so I can't see my consultant being wrong when she explained any soft cheese with 'medium fat soft cheese' on it is an A choice on EE. I might ring Headquarters as have a few other queries too

jezzi999 said:
It's purely down to the calcium levels.

The calcium levels are lower in the flavoured versions. HexA allowance is for calcium, so that's why it matters.

Others have called the helpline before and been told the same, but you should ring them if you want confirmation.

I have the 2012 free foods book, which has the complete list of healthy extras in the back, and it only lists the plain variety as a HexA for EE.

As stated the flavoured versions are a HexB on green, that is because on green HexB covers protein as well, and the flavoured versions have sufficient protein to count as HexB.

If you wish to tweak the plan, that's fine, but what people are telling you is correct.

Thanks for clearing that up, any idea of how much calcium is in both tubs? Surprisingly that's not on the nutritional information

Back