Philadelphia light as a Hex A?

Maximus

Gold Member
As per title. I obtained some Phili Light on special. I usually use laughing cow as hex a - but was wondering if I can use the phili and if so how much constitutes a hex a.

If all else fails, or no definitive answer, can I just use the 6 syns/120 rule to class it as a dairy hex a?

Steve

Thanks Jax!

A strange figure 71g? - approx 2.5oz?

That's what I thought - can never quite get it on to the 71gms - always lose that extra gm :D

I'm afraid Philadelphia is only a HEX B choice on Green, not an A choice.
And, unfortunately, I have just made the same bloody mistake and had it as an A! Oh well, at least we know for the future :(

Unless I'm wrong Philadelphia Light is HEa on all the plans. It's only the HEbs where they differ. But willing to be corrected if that is not right.

PatchworkPuss said:
Unless I'm wrong Philadelphia Light is HEa on all the plans. It's only the HEbs where they differ. But willing to be corrected if that is not right.

I don't know, I looked at the latest healthy extras section on SW online last night and it said it is "now a healthy extra B choice on green". Also I couldn't find it in the drop down 'A' box in my food diary...

Then again I don't go to group so I don't always hear about stuff :( I don't know, 'tis confusing. You are likely right, Patchwork Puss! :)

You're not wrong. Phily light used to only be a heb on green days. Now it is also a HeA on all plans - 71g of the plain phily
Light only. Updated a few months ago on the site & in the mag as well.

plain one light is an A on all plans 71g on green you can have different flavours and extra light, light or full fat

She means this -

71g plain light philly is a HEa on all plans

However on green you can have all types and flavours of philly as a HEB - amount depending on whether it is full fat, light or extra light.

PatchworkPuss said:
She means this -

71g plain light philly is a HEa on all plans

However on green you can have all types and flavours of philly as a HEB - amount depending on whether it is full fat, light or extra light.

Right-that makes more sense! Thanks! It was the bit about full fat etc that didn't read properly and confused me!! I would never have a new hex without checking online or my bible first anyway, even though I've done the plan for years, but newbies might find it confusing too-so thanks for the clarification :) x
Have just checked quantities on line and its 42g, 71g and 100g of plain phili respectively as a B choice on green days :) yumm

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Last edited:
Back