Philidelphia Extra Light - HE??

Starlight

Gold Member
We're having a wee discussion on another thread about Philidelphia Extra Light. Can anyone confirm if it can be used as a HE.

Did it used to be a HE but isnt any more???

According to the online food diary triangles are the only type of soft cheese allowed as an HE

[FONT=&quot]Obviously, because I have an old book and there 82 g extra light soft cheese is a HE, but in the last book is disappeared[/FONT]

I have the 2008 book and work off that and in that version of the book you can have varying amounts of soft cheese depending on the fat quanity (normal, light, extra light). I still have follow the 2008 book and it hasn't effected my weight loss.

Bear in mind that it was never available as a HExA on either plan as there isn't a lot of calcium in soft cheese :)

Yeah it's in my 2008 food optimising book, as a HexB for the Green plan not the red. You could have 42g soft cheese (normal, full fat) 57g medium fat soft cheese (light) and 85g low fat soft cheese (extra light)

GOOD NEWS!

According to the July magazine, Philly light basil 57g is a HEB on green! So I've been using the garlic one as the same.

Yes according to the website you can have:

57g Philidelphia Light, all varieties
85g Philidelphia Extra Light

as a HEB on a GREEN or EE day.

Yeah, I was looking under HEA as well :eek:

You would think it being dairy it would be under HEXA. Does that include the yummy garlic one? :D

Yeah it's in my 2008 food optimising book, as a HexB for the Green plan not the red. You could have 42g soft cheese (normal, full fat) 57g medium fat soft cheese (light) and 85g low fat soft cheese (extra light)

Ty for that info nat was just going to post bout philly lol.
Looked on the site but cant find it at all.
Does the same go for philly light with chives and also do u know how many syns it is thanks luv Roch xx

I use this cheese all the time, I love stuffing chicken breasts with the herb & garlic. I also melt it on med roast vegs.

Phil x

Oh YAY!!!! I am soo pleased it a HEB on a green. I LOVE the garlic one soooo much! :D

Just to say that I'm so pleased (NOT really the right word) that I'm not the only one who gets totally confused and goes round and round in circles!

Thanks to everyone who has posted here - a VERY useful thread.

Back