Photo evidence!

CJxxx

I'm not know for enjoying being in front of the camera. Hate, hate, hate seeing myself. I actually think a big factor in my motivation is the horror & embarrassment at seeing videos & photos of myself. I sing in a Barbershop Chorus & we compete in a big competition once a year. As part of the rehearsing we regularly get videoed & sent links to watch back. I find it so traumatic!!

The only plus side is unwittingly I will have a video diary if my weight loss (to make matters worse I'm front row!). I have, however just decided that it would be good to have some photo evidence too. (have lost 18lbs so far so missed the opportunity to take a Pre SW shot!) So this morning I have taken a couple of pics on my phone. One wearing a size 16 dress from Coast that I spent silly money on 3 years ago when I had just lost a bit of weight - it's a classic black dress that I thought I'd get tons if wear out of. Instead I wore it with full 'hold-it-in-suck-it-in' underwear & was so uncomfortable it went to the back of the wardrobe, never to see daylight again whilst I merrily piled on some timber!

And the other is an underwear shot. Eeeeeek!!! I have made up a photo album on my phone called 'progress' & from now on every so often I am going to take the same 2 shots. I am in such a mission to get slim that my dream is that I will be able to wear the dress again (without such restricting scaffolding) & then eventually I will have to get rid the dress as it will be too big!!

Has anyone else taken photo evidence if their journey?

CJxxx
PS I have attached the Black dress shot but you'll be relieved to know I will be keeping the underwear photo to myself ;)

Attachments

• image-1765784083.jpg
    image-1765784083.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 715
What a good idea re progress on your phone - I never thought to take any full length pre SW pics ill have to see if I have any on my camera. You look smashing - good luck on your journey

i have done the same, but starting when i got to mu club10, so i had already lost 1st5lb, i also have clothed and underwear shots lol! my husband has seen my 1st ones and said omg, i didnt realise u looked like that!..charming..i think lol at least he still loved me then lol!
x

Awww lol im sure he didnt mean it like that. He loves you no matter what. Mine hasnt seen any before/after pics and just keeps saying well done lol

I started a thread with photos of my journey too (click here). The photo which really motivates me is one which was taken on my first weekend of SW - I really hadn't realised how big I had got until I saw it, but it kicked me into shape and I haven't looked back! There's a free site called Picmonkey which lets you put in two photos side by side - they're great for 'before and during' or 'before and after' comparisons!

That's a gorgeous black dress you're wearing - I do love a Coast dress!

Good luck on your journey :) xx

Back