Physillium Husks

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Sedalia, 24 July 2007 Social URL.

1. Sedalia

Sedalia Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I've seen it mentioned on the cd sites, so am asking here, can you take physillum husks on this diet or will it interfere with ketosis? Unfortunately, fibreclear is doing nothing for me.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    The husks themselves shouldn't interfere with ketosis as they're indigestible and just absorb liquid, bulking out and enabling you to 'go'.

Some unfortunate people who are hyper sensitive to carbs have reported coming out of ketosis when taking the psyllium husk capsules ... maybe there's something in the coating.

I have a teaspoon of PH in my shakes (hot or cold) and it thickens them up a bit ... not to everyone's taste but I love it. I've never suffered from constipation since taking PH regularly: I think I'd have thrown the towel in without them!

Word of warning though ... if you're thinking of taking PH, make sure it's just the pure husks with nothing added - SOME brands have digestive aids added (pro-biotics, pre-biotics etc) and they might have a negative effect on ketosis. Also make sure you drink an extra big glass of water after having them as that will enable them to do their work! :)

4. Sedalia

Sedalia Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thanks mate. Do I still need to drink the water if Im putting them in the shakes?

5. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Yep ... an extra glass is advisable - PH absorbs 20 times its own weight in water!! :eek:
    (Makes you feel fuller too - bonus!)

6. Sedalia

Sedalia Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thanks very much, I hope this works because this is becoming an expensive problem lol

7. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    Have you tried Dulcolax? (even two tabs?)

8. Sedalia

Sedalia Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Yes that works very well, but its not a long term solution, only an emergency one

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.