Pickle87 and her NHS challenge, being a mummy and becoming me.

Yep usually my grandad helps by offering me toffee lol.

I've had an ok weekend, albeit cold. It's made me more determined to move when our tenancy ends in April. We live in a maisonette at the moment, the neighbours are horrid (karaoke at 4am this morning) the location is lovely but not as close to family as I like, the outside staircase is a pain with baby and pushchair and the house just isn't up to scratch - rusting bath, taps that don't work, windows with no handles etc. I want a nice house with a garden!!

Other than that I'm fab lol. Got loads of my baby stuff on eBay at minute so I'm obsessed with checking it. Don't know what we will use money for although we are going to Scarborough in March for 3 days (only costing £5 in total as I won a hotel voucher) so might save it for spending money.

Not a brilliant day, my partner left early for work so I've gone all day without my hernia support on, not only am I in pain but it creates the same kinda feeling as when you've not eaten all day. Then when I was cooking tea my front door opened and some random people walked in but they had the wrong address so it scared me half to death.

B: clementines and yoghurt.
L: baked bean lasagne (HEA)
t: new potatoes, gammon, swede, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower.
Snacks: popcorn 4.5 syns, cereal bar (HEB)

Last edited:
Hope your ok pickle that must have been a shock to the system. I have learned to keep all my doors locked now day or night. Too many randoms just walking into houses where i used to live and stealing then the owner not knowing.

Sorry to hear you have been in pain hun

We went to bed super early last night, must have needed it too, woke up to loads and loads of snow. Don't know why but it seems to have put my other half in a foul mood, he's done nothing but snap at me and Jake since he came home from work :( , we were supposed to have chicken for tea but it didn't defrost in time, I did put it in water but OH pulled the plug out of the sink and didn't tell me.

I took Jake to play in the snow though, so that cheered me up :) he's 14 weeks old and fell asleep lol. Can't have found it that exciting.

Todays food:
B: Hifi bar HEB
S: Tangerine
L: Butternut squash with chilli and red onion.
S: WW Yoghurt
T: 5 Asda Potato Croquettes (10 syns) tuna pasta bake (tomato, onion, peppers, spinach and mushrooms, cheese (HEA))

I'm now contemplating going to bed early again as I have hospital tomorrow. I've also got loads of stuff on ebay ending and so keep checking it.

I'm not sure if this will work but here are two pics of my little boy: (and yes he is doing a snow angel whilst asleep lol) x
2013-01-21 14.27.16.jpg2013-01-21 14.32.08.jpg

Hehe thanks Hun. I'm so in love with him it's untrue. Another reason for me to lose weight.

We are going shopping tomorrow and I'm going to treat myself to some real seafood sticks not those dodgy things my grandad bought.

AS promised I treat myself today. I bought myself prawns and cockles which I had at lunch time, some truvia sweetener so i can sweeten up my cereal and some skinny lizzie sausages.

I'm ashamed to say I've comfort ate today though and I feel utter poop for doing so :( In fact I'm tempted to go to bed and cry. OH is still being a miserable sausage and has done nothing but snap at me :( hence the comfort eating.

Food:
B: Clementine and WW Yoghurt
L: Salad (lettuce, tomato, spring onion, cucumber, radish) cottage cheese, prawns, cockles, seafood.
S: Fruit salad - mango, kiwi, melon, pineapple. Pink n White 2.5syns
T: Sticky BBQ Chicken 4.5 syns, rice, mushrooms tomatoes and onion.
S: Fruit salad - mango kiwi, melon, pineapple. Pickled onion. WW yoghurt and then 6 meringues instead of the 3 I had planned :(

So an extra 7.5 syns.

I'm so disappointed in myself. Why am I being so bad? I want to lose weight so why am I doing this to myself?

Just been reminded I get 105 syns a week so going over by a couple in one day Isn't the end of the world. Must try harder though. Wasn't even hungry. They were just there and OH was ignoring/snapping at me so I ate them x

Well me and OH still aren't talking properly, he's so grumpy and I don't know why? It's making me so down :( Have cried about three times today. I made tea and he moaned the gravy was too watery and I'd give him too much gravy. It bloody came like that! Not looking forward to weigh in at all tomorrow, quite tempted to not stay to group.

B: 2 weetabix, truvia, half my whole milk allowance (HEB 1/2 HEA)
S: Satsuma, pastrami
L: Speedy tomato soup - tomato, beans, carrot, stock, pickled onion.
S: Sweetcorn rings (2 syns) 3 laughing cow
T: Sausage casserole - Colmans shake and season sausage and herb (3 syns) 4 ww sausages (2 syns) with butternut squash, carrot and swede mash.
S: 2 ww yoghurts, 2 meringues (5 syns)

Total syns: 12.

speed foods: onion, tomato, beans, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, bns, swede.

So apparently I'm too hard on myself sometimes and need to not bully myself quite so much. Syns are there to be used, as long as I stay within 105 a week I will be ok.

This week I upped my superfree a lot and even had meals that were purely just superfree such as soups. I really think that has made a difference as I've lost 5.5lb this week taking my total loss in 3 weeks to 1stone 2lb :)

It's payday tomorrow so we are getting a takeaway, I have 12 syns left for the day as I used 3 on my lunch on skinny lizzie sausages so am having chicken rogan josh :) looking forward to it :)

B: 2 weetabix and whole milk with sweetener HEA HEB
S: satsuma
L: Bacon, 3 sausage (3 syns), fried egg, tomato and mushrooms.
s: seafood sticks, apple
T: Chicken rogan Josh (6.5 syns for a 360g portion, takeaway is around 550g so allocating the full 12)

Yayyyyyyyy Pickle well done - thats excellent. You have been hard on yourself hun, its not worth stressing over I can tell you from experience, I really went to pieces last week with a 2lb gain which was totally undeserved it was medication. Ive kept track of every little thing ive eaten this week and lost 3.5lbs so dont doubt yourself or the plan. You have done amazingly well x

Massive well done on your weight loss this week plus the total so far. You're doing really well so do go lightly on yourself.

Your little one is totally adorable. I love the sleeping snow angel :)

How's things with your hubby now?

He's still a grumpy bum but I've told him he needs to stop snapping and swearing at me and being a grump towards me when I've done nothing wrong because if he keeps pushing me away one day I will just give up and I think he took note. It's a hard time of year because on the 6th January last year his mum had a scan on her liver, gall bladder etc thinking she had gall stones, that same night she was told she had secondary liver cancer. On the 30th January she passed away, the same day we found out I was pregnant with Jacob. So I think he has part of that running through his mind, and whilst I support him fully and know how hard it was losing his mum, and how upsetting it is that she's not here he needs to know that he can't punish me and Jacob for it.

I had my curry, it tasted nice, I'm paying for it now though, got heart burn and can feel the grease in my stomach, dreading going to the loo :(

Weigh in 4 tonight and I'm not looking forward to it as I've done some red days this week and feel fat and like I've put on, wish I could go get weighed somewhere sneakily first to double check. Will be gutted if I've gained.

Yesterday was the anniversary of my MIL's death and so we went to Studley Deer Park in Ripon. Was hard pushing the buggy in the mud and gale force winds. Was glad we did go though as got a lovely photo of my OH and Jakey at the tree where we scattered MIL's ashes. We took pack up to keep us going, OH's consisted of pork pies, pasties and a sandwich. I had a pastrami sub (HEB + 3 syns) and some plums.

Today is the start of a fresh new week and I'm going to make a meal plan and stick to it as well as keep a detailed food diary this week as I didn't really bother last week. Only things that may trip me up are we have a hospital appointment tomorrow for my little boy and the prognosis from that is likely to make me cry and I'm at risk of comfort eating :( hopefully it won't be too bad though.

Today:
Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with Whole milk and truvia. (HEB + HEA)
Lunch: Speedy tomato soup.
Tea: Turkey bolognese with pasta.

I haven't decided what to use syns on yet. I'm thinking maybe putting a tin of ratatouille in my bolognese which is 1.5 syns for the whole thing but will be shared between us. Also either pink and whites or mini pavlova :) x

Dreading weigh in tomorrow, whilst at main meal times I've been good since getting some upsetting news last Friday I've comfort ate a lot and had chocolate digestives and toffee's and things like that to make me feel better. Needless to say they didn't work. I've tried to compensate since the weekend and be good with meals and syns but still feel like I've completely ballsed this week up. Have started doing some walking with the pushchair - 3m on Monday. so hoping it helps a little.

Have dug a few magazines out and am going to go through them and the recipe section on here to meal plan. Have got loads of stuff in the freezer too so hoping we don't have to spend much food shopping for the next week or two.

Got a few big purchases due and plus we have two trips away planned so need to try save money for that. Will have to wait and see.

So as expected at WI last night I achieved 0.5lb loss. Not a lot but at least it wasn't a gain. I was the only person who stayed to group who had lost weight everyone else had gained so I was SOTW so I've got a carrier bag full of banana's, apple's, a lemon, a pear and a broccoli to get through :)

I knew I hadn't done well because after finding out my little boy needed an operation last week I returned to my old ways of seeking comfort - food. Mainly chocolate biscuits. The thing is the food didn't bring me comfort it made me feel worse and then seeing I hadn't lost weight made me feel even worse. This week is a brand new week.

Today's food:

B: 2 weetabix, whole milk with Truvia and an apple. (HEA HEB)
S: Seafood sticks with cottage cheese.
L: Leek and Potato soup. (it's cooking at the minute and smells lush!!)
T: Honey & Mustard pork, mash with broccoli, cauli and carrots. (3 syns)
S: Home made pavlova (5 syns)

Total syns for the day 8.
Speed foods: Apple, Kiwi, Strawberries, Leeks, onions, broccoli, cauli, carrots.

Decided to have a red day yesterday for a change.

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, whole milk, apple (HEA HEB)
Lunch: Tomato soup, submarine roll (HEB + 3 syns), pickled onions, kiwi fruits
Snack: Banana and 2 ww yoghurts
Tea: Spaghetti bolognese (used carrots, onion, peppers, leeks, mushrooms, tomatoes) with 60g grated cheese on top (HEA + 6 syns) also pinched a bacon and potato crunchie off OH's plate so 1.5 syns for that.
Pudding: 2 Weight watchers caramel mallow wafers 5 syns.

Total: 15.5 syns.

Late breakfast: wm submarine roll (heb + 3.5 syns) 1 laughing cow extra light (1 syn) 3 Linda McCartney rosemary sausages and 2 fried eggs.

Snack: apple

Tea: gammon and cheesy broccoli pasta bake (Hea + 3 syns)

Had a bit left over for supper but withing syns above.

Oh bought me a bag of maltesers but not opened em yet x

I'm really hoping this weeks weigh in goes well and I have a good loss, this week feels different to others in so many ways; I've been active by walking - I didn't even bother with the pushchair yesterday I carried Jake to Baby Bugs and back, I wouldn't have been able to do that a month ago. Also, I've written everything down - EVERYTHING! even the bits I pinched off my OH's plate, there have been no binges or sneaky treats, everything has been accounted for, I've changed my Healthy Extras around and done a red and green day.

Monday:
Breakfast:
Banana, Kiwi, WW Greek Yoghurt 1 syn

Lunch:
Cheesy pasta bake (broccoli, leeks, carrots) 4.5 syns

snack: 2 clementines

ww caramel wafer 2.5

maltesers (12) 6 syns

Tea: spinach onion risotto with 6 laughing cow extra light (HEA) 60g wm roll (HEB) lm sausage

pudding ww yoghurt.

total: 14 syns

Tuesday:
Breakfast
2 weetabix, milk and an apple HEA HEB

Lunch:
Seafood stick and cottage cheese salad.

Snack:
pickled onion crisps 4.5 syns

Tea:
three fish roast (cod haddock and salmon) new potatoes and roasted med veg. 2 syns

Back