pig2twig?

creamsoda

Thought I'd start a new thread for this question as the above thread is huge. How much difference is there between atkins and pig2twig? I'm wondering whether to buy the book and have a peek or whether it's going to be quite similar to atkins so no real point.

would love to hear advice from any of you who're following the program x

I have read the book- its great as a motivational tool to understand why we put on the weight in the first place. Diet wise, I would say that its alot less strict than Atkins. After a while you can have the occasional bowl of porridge, wholewheat rice or pasta and fruit. I prefer Atkins while I have alot of weight to lose but then I would go onto IPD for maintence.

I didn't understand Atkins first time round (otherwise known as not reading the book properly) and so although I did lose weight I wasn't very good at incorporating it into my daily life and I soon fell by the wayside.

IPD isn't as strict as Atkins but I still have the same stall problems with artificial sweeteners and nuts as I did back then, so I still can't eat them.

I like the book as it talks from the point of view of 2 women who have been there and done it, and its very funny in places.

I guess it is what suits you, just like those tights which say "one size fits all" when that pair neither fits my friend who is 5ft 1in or me at 5ft 11in, no one way of eating suits everyone.

I seem to have got my head round this one and am happily getting on with it, if I need reminding why I am doing it then I just open the book and look at one of the many excuses for overeating the high carb way and it fixes my mind again.

Oh, and I love the recipes too!

But good luck with which ever way you ultimately decide to follow.

foxy
xx

I guess it is what suits you, just like those tights which say "one size fits all" when that pair neither fits my friend who is 5ft 1in or me at 5ft 11in, no one way of eating suits everyone.

Spot on, I agree 100% Foxier.

I really likethe books(as well as the diet book there is a seperate recipe book)if you want to get them, i would recomend the hardback version if possible, just a much better quality book (i think that the paperback copy is very cheeply done, the hardback copy has nice quality of paper and is just so much nicer!)Also go and join in with there forum, everyone is very friendly on that site..

Well i've got the book on its way to have a read. tbh I don't think I can live without pasta/cereal for the rest of my life not that I want to binge on it but you see what I mean

I don't think I can live without pasta/cereal for the rest of my life

But you won't have to CS, not when you've reached maint. I occasionally (note the occasionally) eat pasta and rice, but I also realise I can't eat them on a daily basis, the same with bread I didn't believe I could ever live without bread, but I do now. I have the odd slice of brown wholemeal toast, but that's about it.

Hope you enjoy the book, don't forget to pop over to their pig2twig forum too!
There is a daily 'bootcamp' thread there where people post their daily menu, so that wil give you some ideas too posibly.
Best of luck

I can't eat bread, pasta, rice etc either, for me its a drug - once I start I can't stop and eventually it will kill me because my weight will spiral out of control (worse than it is now).

When I look at what I am eating now, its far more healthy than my old lifestyle - I am very anti all the so called "diet foods" on the market which have been pumped full of things that, half the time, I have no idea what they are.

A nice big pork chop with a piece of stilton melted on top, served with buttered cabbage and cauli mash is far more tempting to me than something which has had all the "niceness" removed just so that it can fit in with the correct number of calories; and of course I can have a slice of homemade almond "sponge" with a good blob of double cream on top.

But as I said before, there are so many different types of diets and ways of eating, it could be that low carbing doesn't suit you and perhaps something else does. It can be very trial and error to find whats right for you.

Reactions: Jim
yes Foxier, I agree with you.

Hope you enjoy the book, don't forget to pop over to their pig2twig forum too!
There is a daily 'bootcamp' thread there where people post their daily menu, so that wil give you some ideas too posibly.
Best of luck

Could you post the link please Bustybarmaid?
I cant access it :(

Back