Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Just to say hope you have a gd new year and what an honest diary yours has been x I dont think you realise how much you inspire others "pink" "Emz" x I will be honest in my diary and hope I inspire others like you have! And of course I will be keeping in touch x

Co-sign, Pink you are a massive asset to this forum...xx

Yes, it's our year...2011 here we come,lol

I agree with Hope and Katierose, you are a massive help, always encouraging and full of good ideas!

As soon as I am better I will spend more time on here and really crack on with it, seems like a lot of people are really in the mood to make 2011 THE year!

Hope your reboot is going ok hun :)

Hi Pink, haven't been on here for a while so glad that your doing well, good luck with the knitting, my Nanna tried to teach me years ago, failed miserably, lol, although I do like to cross stitch, that sounds so exciting for a 30 yr ld doesn't it, lol.

Hi x
Just popping in to say hello :D and hope you had a good weekend, Hope to catch up soon xx

Hey everyone!
Been at my dad's so I've not had much access to internet, which is a bit of a bugger, as I've come back to Cardiff with a massively Devonshire accent (happens if I spend more than like a day there) so I'm being teased about that, lol.

Anyway, it was a lovely week, but as per usual, I've eaten too much! Pudding every night, and finishing off the xmas chocs in the evening. And no walks! It rained every day! If you've seen the news for the west you'll know what I'm talking about, floods everywhere. Oh well.

I'm back in Cardiff now, making my own meals (currently making up a HUGE pot of soup), so hopefully I'll get back on track.

Official WI of 13 and a half stone, which is Ok, means I've only put on 3lbs since I fell off the wagon, and means I've lost 2lbs since Boxing day.

Sooooo, here we go again!!!!

Thanks for your kind words guys, they really make my day, and make we way more determined!

Joh, I'd love to give x-stitch a bash! It seems like such a mission to get all fo the stuff though, so I just do embroidery, which is just thread and a random bit of fabric.

Katie - glad to see you, how's it going? Well done on the loss so far :)

Heya Barb! This is the year! We can do it! You deffo can! Think of how much you've defeated and overcome in 2010!

Well, I have to go write an essay...which I have fellen WOEFULLY behind one!!!!! oh well.
ciao duckies!

Hi Emz x
I always like reading your posts x Sounds like your back in the zone so am sure you ll reach your next goal no problem. :D:D Am also looking forward to Biggest Loser tonight lol.. Hope you have a good week (am sure you will x) Speak soon x

Hellooooo me dear. Hey, you done well not to put much on over Xmas. I'm rebooting too now hehe. We'll all do it together. Keep me posted as to how you get on. Mwah xxx

Nah you just get a cross stitch kit, it comes with everything you need, I tend to do smaller ones and make cards out of them, they often even come with the card.

Or I've done a few keyring sets, I get bored too quickly so if it's too big I'll never finish it, typical Gemini.

I also love the paint by number sets, and I don't think I've finished one yet cos they take too long, lol.

Well done on not putting too much weight on over Christmas, everyone knows how hard that is.

Ahoy guys!
It's going ok I think, I was pretty healthy yesterday. We're going to be living on the soup for about a week, which is good because I think it's under 300 cals a bowl so it means we have some wriggle room for pudding. We also biught some bananas and greek yogurt to have instead of biscuits, so that's a good thing I suppose.

We walked into town yesterday (takes about half an hour) to watch the new Harry Potter....O.M.G! I would soooo not let my kids watch that (if I had any) it's shocking! There's some rather gruesome bits, and some parts that really make you jump (not to mention the tear-jerky bits...yes I did cry watching HP...). Anyway. SO that was an hours walking yesterday.

However, I'm literally not moving today, really need to crack on with this stupid essay! It's due Monday! Eeep!

Hope that you guys are doing well :)

Hi Emz x
Good luck on getting your essay done. Your soup does sound nice :D. Hope you have a good week x

Hi Emz

you are doing well to be already 2lb down on Boxing day! Excellent.

I like your soup idea - it is a big help to have a nice hot bowl of savouriness to get through, knowing it is doing you good and not wrecking the diet! Might make one myself!

Hi Emz

What are you doing at Uni? I love to read to but stick to easy reading such as Sophi Kinsella books (Twenties Girl and the Shoppaholica series) or Martina Cole. Have you read the Twilight books? I loves them :)

xx

Hello!!

Sorry I've not been about, it's the back-to-uni-madness! Did finally finish that essay, it took a couple of all nighters at the uni's 24hour computer rooms, but we got there. Our bloomin' internet got cut off the weekend before it was due in, which was a bugger as most of our academic journals are online access only...anyyyywaaayyyy, sorry for boring you with that, lol.

Miss Kassy - I do English and Creative Writing, and I don't read nearly enough!we're not getting tv next year, so that should help, lol. I haven't read twilight no, we did do it in class actually, but I sort of didn't read it...
I love the early Anita Blake novels, they go down hill after number 11-ish though.

Barb - aye, soup's really handy just to have in the fridge, it's an instant meal so there's no excuse to open a bag of crisps instead ;) I saw in your diary that you're doing really well, keep it up!

Minusfour - hey, how's it going? Work ok?

Um, so....I've been a bit rubbish....I kind of just decided that while I was doing the essay I'd eat what I want. I didn't go crazy, but I certainly didn't do well.
To celebrate handing it in we had pie and veg (family size between 3) and then a cheesecake last night...

However, we have walked to uni everyday, and we walked in twice today, so that's 2 hours exercise today, which probably helps work off the cheesecake...

Need to do a formal weigh in on Sunday and see how it goes.

Hope that you're all well.

fingers crossed for you babe

Piiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkk!!! Hiya :) I wouldnt worry too much about the pie and cheesecake. Like you said you done 2 hours exercise which is great. Also, I think you have to allow yourself a little of what you fancy every now and then to avoid a major binge fest.

Tell you how I manage to eat loads but limit calories - low fat/cal ready meals with wads of vedge or salad and snack on fruit all day. Works a treat.

Ooooh, creative writing sounds fab. I have always \fancies doing summit like that. I wish I could just sit down and write a book. My friends always say I should write a book about my life as I have had some funny adventures hahaha. I'm due to turn 30 so thought about writing abut that and the growing pains along the way whilst growing up.

Let us know how your formal weigh in went. Speak soon xxx

Hi Pink x
We ve missed you :D but am glad your ok and got the essay done in time, As your diary reads really well I'm sure you ll fly and get good grades :)
And I wouldnt worry about the last few days as exercise counts so good luck for youe weigh in and speak soon xx

Hi Emz

well done on the essay and the walks! Sure you will be back on track from here on in. Remember this is our year! We have to do it together.

Thanks Ria, how;s it going with that last half a stone?

Miss Kassy - that meal thing sounds like a good idea. After Xmas I lost lbs by low fat cerial and soup in the day, and then I'd have like 700 cals left for dinner, which meant I could eat the same as everyone else. I should probably go back to doing that really...need to make soup.

The book sounds like a good idea. Why not ease yourself in by writing short stories about each thing? Then you can always go back and merge them into a book later, much less daunting than trying to hash out a whole novel in one go.

Heya Katie :) Wouldn't be so sure about the good grades, just got my lowest marks ever, like ever in my history of schooling. Got a C in my journalism module! Gah! I worked so hard on it too, researching all of the politics...oh wellllllll....
How's you?

Heya Barb! How are you? The rest of your January progressing well, seeing as you've already hit your monthly target, lol.

Um, well, we've still walked to uni every day, so that's a minimum of relatively soft exercise (except for the hill!!!!!), and some days we walk to and from uni twice, if we have a break between lectures. Yesterday I walked to and from town, which is an hour of walking. So that's ok.
They were handing out free coke zeros in town, so I had one of those rather than a latte, which probably saved me like 100 cals or something.

HOWEVER, and there's always a however...I'm still not eating amazingly well. I've been sharing the cooking with my housemates, so it's hit and miss with the healthy thing. Last night we had potato and cheese pie (which is basically cheesy mash with onion in). And the night before that we scoffed niscuits when we were watching a film...not awful things, but enough to mean that I might not lose anything despite the excercise.
I think I might just need to start eating alone or something...bah.

So yehhh.....

Has anyone seen 'The Kings Speech'? I really want to see it, but I'm skint, so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it....

xxxx

Back