Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

OMG THE KING'S SPEECH IS SOOOO GOOD! I'm going to see it again next week, lol. It's really amazing, the acting is bloody fabulous! Aww, it's so cute, and really funny in places! And Colin Firth is gorgeous as ever!

Um, didn't wobble as badly as I thought, but it is totm so I'm a mardy b*tch atm. Oh well. I think, despite my munching, I haven't gone too far over my cals at any point.

I've fallen into the habit of weighing myself every day, which is really bad, so I think I'm going to give my scales to my mate and tell her to only let me have them on Sundays.

Haven't walked to uni as much this week, we bunked yesterday, and drove the other day because we were running ridiculously late.
Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Oh, lovely compliments, enjoy! Can you choose your own dissertation subject? I liked Great Expectations, but some of it is non sensical. (Entertaining though!) The new place will be much nicer- the old one is slightly shabby, but the real bummer is that it is freezing in winter, and boiling in summer. The reverse cycle heaters are already in the new place. There is a lot of space under the back of the new building, (it is built on quite a steep hill), and we found yesterday what I assumed was a long ago childrens cubby house under there- basically a wooden box, lined with hessian, and with tatty wall paper, planks of wood over dirt on the floor, only about six feet long, and you couldn't stand up in there. Apparently it is where the servant used to sleep- it must have been so cold and dark in winter. There isn't enough room for a bed or any furniture- maybe she slept on a swag? Three nails on one "wall", perhaps for her clothes? Really horrible!
Hope you are having a good one sweet girl!

I must go and see the Kings Speech :D. Hope you have a good weekend sweetheart and will catch up soon xxx:)

Minus - We can choose our own dissertation topic yes, I sort of wish they'd just give us something though. I don't mind cracking on with essays, but I'm horribly indecisive. At the moment I'm considering doing something like 'the development of prostitutes in literature' from the Greek myths, through the bible, Shakespeare, maybe a voctorian penny dreadful and then maybe Belle de Jour or something like that....we'll see.

As awful as your basement servant-quarters sound, it's really interesting! At least she had the llittle house, that would have gone some way to keeping the heat in, much in the same way 4-poster beds used to I suppose.
I was watching or reading something in the holidays about servants in Georgian England, and they only used to have one small box for all of their possessions, and that was the only provacy they ever got, so in some cases girls would wall paper the inside of their boxes, because it was sort of like their 'room'.

Katie- You must! Thank you, hope you have a nice weekend too!

Well, official weigh-in for the week (a day early, I know, but I couldn't wait) is 13st 3lbs, so that's 2lbs down on last week! In spite of everything! Next week I really need to get back on track food and exercise wise, because I can't see another inexplicable loss on the horizon, lol.

It would be amazing if I could lose 3lbs next week, because then I will have reached my February goal 3 weeks early, but I'm not going to push myself too hard, and then fall off of the wagon, so i'll just try to be sensible.

Well, I got back-paid from my student loan, as the paper-work got messed up and I've only been recieving the bare-minimum (which didn't even cover my rent)...well...I went slightly crazy! I was straight off to amazon, bought some books and dvds I've been wanting...and well...then I got to thinking...how much money could I save on books if I bought a kindle...I'd still buy books of course, but only ones I'd want to reread again and again (so just about every book ever)....so yeh....I bought a kindle...and a case for it.
So in one day I spent more money than I've spent in 6 months on luxury items! That's it! No more!
Dead excited to get my kindle and start downloading all of those free books onto it!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Hi Emz, well done on those 2lbs, that is good, you must be well chuffed.

You will love your kindle, I have the sony version and i am so pleased with it. I sometimes struggle to get fave authors stuff on it but it s improving all the time.

Hope you have a really good week and thanks for popping in on my diary to give encouragement, you are a darling. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Liisa, what did you think of the film?

Barb - Thank you :) I am :)
I'm desperately waiting for the post to arrive in hope that my kindle will come today, it only has to come from up the road as amazon hq is in Swansea. Eee! So excited.

Had a bit of a crap weekend foodwise, but had a giggle overall.
Spend over an hour (and 40quid) in primark yesterday, got some nw things, am taking the heels back though, I just need to accept that I cannot walk in the bloody things! And they make my knees ache something awful.
So yeh, also come to terms with the fact that whilst I have lost weight, I haven't lost enough yet, i'm just barely half way, and have quite a way to go. It wasn't until I was standing next to my mate in the changing rooms that I realised that most of the time I'm still the biggest person in the room, and I hate that. So...time to get my butt back in gear, properly this time, none of this just walking to uni when I feel like it, it's time to actually get off my arse and make myself do some exercise, even if it's just dancing in the kitchen as I clean.

Hi Pink x
Well done on your weight loss :D:D. Am sure you will reach your Feb goal early
I did wonder about getting a kindle but I do like the feel of books (am old fashioned lol)
It s so cold isn't it... brrr
So I join the gym this weekend!! But I am mentally prepared for it and will take it easy
Speak soon xxxx

The kindle has arrived, and it's amazing! There are so many free books on amazon, I'm going download crazy!
I love the feel and smell of real books, but the kindle is just more practical for certain things, like on journeys and to utilise the free classic literature online (which I use a lot of at uni) so yeh..I love her, she's beautiful. Hope that her case arrives soon!

Um, did quite well today food wise I think. Dinner wasn't what I'd call healthy, but one of the boys cooked for a change and I didn't want to discourage that! So yeh, think It just worked out within the limits. I am really hungry though, so I might go have some bran flakes...

Had a walk around the lask at a brisk speed, so that alongside the walk to uni should help.

Katierose, the gym won't be as bad as you think, honestly! I was terrified, but it's actually ok. Noone looks at you, they're too busy sweating in their own little worlds. Don't forget ot warm up, stretch and cool down though. (I usually stretch at home;) )Let me know how it goes.

Hiya Emz

I cant walk in very high heels either (such a shame as there are sooooo many pretty shoes out there). I used to wear huge heels all the time but found that since I put weight on I can not balance in them hahaha.

Ah, bet you are lovin your new Kindle. Totally worth the money for you I think as you read so much. How many books can you store on it?

I have been slipping diet wise too so we should make a pact to grab the bull by the horns once again and be dead good. Weekend are my downfall, as you well know.

Hows Uni going?

xxx

Ok you might think Im totally dumb... but what is a kindle? lol

Liisa! I knowwww!!! Was sooooo cute though!

Kirst - it's an ereader - so like a smaller i-pad, but not back-lit and you upload/download books onto it.

Kassy - the kindle is lush! I've got about 30ish books on there so far, but I think it can take like 1000 or something ridiculous!
Yeh, maybe we should set ourselves a challenge?
Uni's good thanks, lots of work, really should be doing that now!

You may remember the guy I was sort of seeing before xmas. Well, we sort of fell out of touch, and it got awkward. Well...today I got a parcel in the post, with a book of Wilde's poetry and a little note on the front page saying that we should meet up. Aw! I'm nervous though.

Walked up the hill this morning, might need ot get on the exercise bike as our afternoon lectures have been cancelled, so I won't be walking back in again. I would just go for another walk around the lake, but it's miserable outside and my hair has already made like a poodle and poofed.

How's everyone?

Am good thanks xx:D Think I missed reading about the fella ... a book of poems how sweet tell me more !! xx
:D:D
I will be careful in the gym and I'll let you know how I get on :)

aw ok I never heard that expression before lol.

oooh you gona meet up with him then? x

Well, we've been speaking online a bit, and we're trying to arrange when to meet up....yeh. He's really sweet, I do have my reservations, but I can't tell if that's just because I'm nervous. I'm so bad at this stuff, I kind of prefer to just avoid it really...we'll see.

GAHHHH! Went out for coffee with a mate, walked into town (half an hour) then settled down with a coffee (black, not a latte!!) and decided to have a blueberry muffin as a trea, thinking that it'd be about 200 cals.....360 calories!!!!!! wtf? I mean it was munch...but was it worth it? No! ****sakegrrrsob. Oh well....

Might bring my trampoline to uni at the weekend, going home tomorrow to get my car MOTed.

How are you lovelies?

Just be yourself youl be fine. I hated meeting up for the first time with david. it was a double date and I ended up getting a bit drunk lol was so nervous but weird cos I felt like I could just be myself around him.

you will be fine just be yourself :)

and the muffin... dont beat yourself up about it you can work that off in no time plus a treats a treat we all have them xx

Yeh, I hate all of the beginning stuff, I just want to skip the the comfortable part where you just hang out...well. I'll see how it goes. We're quite different, he's quite outgoing and likes big nights out whereas I prefer a night in with tea and a book...but aye....
How's you anyway? Wedding plans coming along?

when do you think you will be meeting up?

Im good thanks. We have our engagement party on 25th June so just been concentrating on that. Have a wee while til our wedding so once the engagements out the way Im gona start to focus on it more. Got our venue booked for 29th June 2013 and they do lots of the wedding as well so gives me less to organise lol xx Its all good! :)

Well, I suggested next week, but I haven't had a reply.

Ooo so exciting....what exactly do you do at an engagement party? lol.
That's a nice amount of time to have to organise everything, what's the venue like?

Back