Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

*DRUM ROLLLLLLL*
I've lost 2lbs! Yay! My first loss in MONTHS! Finally away from the 13.3!
So I now weigh 13st 1lb! Which means that I have officially lost 3 stone, and I'm half way to my goal now! Yay!
The only thing that I've changed this week is my not having pudding (lent) and having cream crackers as snacks. SO yeh...yay. I even went out drinking, and I havent been walking to uni as much as some of our lectures have been cancelled.

I know that if you put scales on carpet you weigh much less, so I'm assuming that on 'bouncy' bits of floor it has the same effect.
Anyway, I've moved the scales down stairs so that I can put them on the tiles in the kitchen; it also means that I'm less likely to obsessively weigh every day (which I've fallen into the habit of doing).

It's so sunny that I might go for a walk in a bit, I do need to fully finish this essay first though! Soooo close to the end!

How are you lovelies doing? Having a relaxing Sunday?
Big plans for the week?
xxx

That is great news, Pink, go you!
I'm glad for your visit upstairs!
The library sale isn't of books that the library itself is getting rid off, but of donated books. It is really good fun, because the prices are so cheap, and there are so many books, you often buy and try something that you wouldn't normally.
The books are arranged on long trestle table in a hall, and it is very crowded, and hard to move around. The rules are- go early, (there is always a line before it opens, and I'm always in it), take some bags, (to carry off all those books), and cash. Last year this mother and child jumped the queue, and i'm still p'd off about it, so stupid!
I got some really cheap second hand books at a market today, including a book of all the Sherlock Holmes stories for a couple of dollars. Love a bargain!
Is the essay finished to your satisfaction now?
Have a good one!

I bet it was the extra exercise when you ran home from the pub :D
Well done you! Hope I've lost something. Weigh in tomorrow. Well I kind of know the answer to that question because I weigh myself at least 3 times a day. But...umm..I'm keeping it as a secret from myself. It's kind of having two sums in my head but not allowing myself to do the maths on them. Yes I know I'm weird :D

Yay for you, that's brilliant news. Wow, 3 stone and double wow that you're half way there :D

<shakes pompoms for Pink>

:talk017:

well done hun! x

Aw wowzer, thanks everyone!

Minus- that still sounds amazing! I love the smell of second hand books (form non-smokers) it's always so much mustier and less chemical-y.
I'd freak if someone pushed in front of me, someone tried it at the post office the other day and I just stepped back in front of them and gave them the furry eyeball.
I was thinking of reading all of the Holmes stories over the summer, they're all pretty short, and I can get them for free on my kindle! Free Books!!!
Essay is done, dusted, printed and emailed! Yay!!!

Liisa - hope that the 'official' WI goes well tomorrow ;)

Maisie - thanks! it is pretty nifty! How's you?

Ria - cheers babes, you're looking a-ma-zing!

Lift - Thank you ;)

I'm chuffed, I should hopefully be getting some more exercise this week than I did last week, so with any luck I'll have a loss again next week and end up vaguely on scedule.

Hey Pink :)

I love, LOVE your article, it was fantastic :D It had me nodding along in agreement and laughing out loud (while still nodding)..... I think anyone who has encountered the horror that is the First Day At The Gym can totally relate to it.

Brilliant piece of writing, you should be very proud of that :D It was like something I would expect to read in a glossy magazine, funny, accurate and interesting. Top marks from me :D

I'm good thanks flower, lost 2lb this morning to finally take me from 'obese' to 'overweight' according to the BMI Nazis, also had some good news at the doctors (see my diary for full details!), the sun is shining and I did level 3 of the Shred this morning. It's all good :)

Heya guys!

RainbowRose - thanks :) it does feel good to be half way, even though it's taken me waaaaay longer than it should have.

S16WD - Thank you x

Maisie - Aw, thank you! Were there any bits that you didn't like/thought were a bit wordy or dodgy?
Any particular magazine? I was going to say that i aimed it at The Times - in their Times2 feature section, but if you think it'd belong somewhere else let me know. Ha, sorry, I'm so worried about this stupid journalism module, I tanked at news writing.
I've checked out your diary and am very impressed! Great news!!!

Hope that everyone's ok!

I don't really have any news, handed in one essay this morning, am just starting another one now...fun fun.

I did turn down having lunch at the SU though, lots of unneeded calories (and money), so I had beans on 1 slice of toast at home instead.
Making chicken stew with lots of veg for dinner! Good times!

Hope that you're all well!

Hand on heart Pink, personally I wouldn't change one single word :) I couldn't say whether it would be appropriate for The Times, as I've never read it! But it's the sort of thing I'd expect to read in Marie Claire or She, the slightly more 'upmarket' womens glossies..... if that makes sense? You know, ones with a bit more quality and substance than the likes of Glamour or Cosmo....... ;)

Well written article Pink, I am very impressed :)(not that I have experience of gyms and exercise :eek:, but you know what I mean)

I look forward to seeing it hit the newstands in one of the glossies :D

Looks like a good day for you yesterday..yay!

Aw shucks, thanks guys. If my lecturer tries to fail me, I shall point him your way!
I'm editing a couple of bits, but other than that I'm leaving it, am currently writing the accompanying critical analysis...the joy never stops!

Um...not an amazing day food wise, one of my housemates cooked a giant (seriously huge) piece of pork yesterday, so we're all living off of that at the moment. So I had a pork and apple sauce sandwhich for lunch (like, an inch thick slice of pork, because I couldn't slice straight if you paid me), and white bread.
And then pork and veg for dinner...

I did however drag my butt up the bloomin' hill twice today, and my knees are letting me know it too!

Hope that you're all well. I plan on having a proper catch up on everyone's diaries tomorrow, I'm a gibbering idiot right now.
Love love.

Back