Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

Now girls, come on, no sulking. You are doing so well Emz (and you Rose) but you can't be perfect all the time.

The gym activity sounds really good though Emz, just don't stress your chest.

hiya pink,

go you girl in that gym!!!

Cant wait till my back is ok to get back in there.

keep going and speak later x x

Hey Pink,

just had a catchup on your posts. Well done on getting published! That's great.

Keep up the good work.

Hello!
Internet went down, but I'm back, and I'm better, and I've lost 2lbs! YAY!
Haha.

Due to having spent my wages on birthday presents I won't be going to the gym again until next week, so I'm hoping that the cleaning in the mornings and continuing to eat [mostly] sensibly will shift that other 2lbs this week and get me back to 13st, after that...well, that there be unchartered teritory!

I was going through some old clothes the other day and realised how long I've been fat, I mean truly. I have clothes from when I was 16 that are a size 18. For years and years I was a size 18, and I thought it to be perfectly normal. Then when I hit 20 I went up to a size 20, almost a 22 and even then I didn't really feel fat. I mean, I knew that I was over weight, it was a constant knawing, biting, crawling knowledge in the back of my head, but in my mind I never envisioned myself as obese. I guess it's just because of my over-active imagination, because in my head I've always been Hermione or Anita Blake, or Elizabeth Bennet. But now, here I am, sitting in my own body, being my own person, and I'm finally sorting my own life out rather than just living lots of imaginary lives. That bodes well for the future I think, I hope.

Anyway.

How are you guys? Have a good weekend?

OMG does anyone else read The Times?
I may have already mentioned at some point, that Caitlin Moran is my hero, (she is just...guh, amazing. She's who I've modelled my journalistic writing style after) anyway. She has a book coming out, called 'How to be a woman' and The Times has had extracts in.
Totally immense.
I've pre-ordered on amazon, it should be here by saturday/monday....SUCH EXCITEMENT!

Well done on your weight loss Pink, fantastic and you are back on track!

Enjoy your book, one day I'll put down the slimming mags and get into a really good book too :)

Have a lovely day :)

I was going through some old clothes the other day and realised how long I've been fat, I mean truly. I have clothes from when I was 16 that are a size 18. For years and years I was a size 18, and I thought it to be perfectly normal. Then when I hit 20 I went up to a size 20, almost a 22 and even then I didn't really feel fat. I mean, I knew that I was over weight, it was a constant knawing, biting, crawling knowledge in the back of my head, but in my mind I never envisioned myself as obese. I guess it's just because of my over-active imagination, because in my head I've always been Hermione or Anita Blake, or Elizabeth Bennet. But now, here I am, sitting in my own body, being my own person, and I'm finally sorting my own life out rather than just living lots of imaginary lives. That bodes well for the future I think, I hope.

Haha. Exactly like me. At least when I was a kid other children called me fat and made me feel bad about that but when we grow up people get tact :D

Well done Emz, another 2lbs bites the dust forever! You are doing so well and the housework not only burns the cal but earns you brownie points too! Keep it up and enjoy your new book when it comes.

HAHAHAH!!! BROWNIE POINTS!

Ahem.

Anyway...I had a sneaky weigh-in today....I've put on a lb!!!! F****************CK! I think I must be secretly eating too much, I should start calorie counting properly again. I haven't eaten anything that's actually bad, so I must just be eating too much...and other than cleaning in the mornings I don't do anything but sit at my desk all day.

Oh well.

I'm joining the gym on the first of July, which is when I get back to Cheltenham full time for 2 months. So hopefully I can lose at least a stone during that time, I'm aiming for maybe a stone and a half if I can manage it....

ANYWAY, Caitlin Moran's book came today!!!!
I made myself finish my uni work first, so I'm only up to chapter 7....it's soooo good! my stomach hurts from laughing so much, and it really is rather thought provoking. It's the humourous retelling of her life (how to become a woman) with debates about day-to-day feminism.

Chapter 6 is about how she was 16stone at 16, and how being fat felt, and how the word 'fat' has become a weapon. I found myself really relating.

It's a fab book, it's only £6 on amazon, you should all read it!

HOpe you have a fab weekend!

That's sounds like a great book Emz, gonna look it up. Trust you guys to think of the wrong Brownie when I talked about points. Naughty, naughty!

Have a good reading day Emz, lets face it the weather is just right for staying in!

I devoured half the book last night, it is brilliant. There's these moments of grab-your-belly hilarity, and then she'll suddenly say something really thought provoking. I just love that woman, she's who I want to be when I grow up ;)

Well.....I turned down 2 fresh cream doughnuts today....which is good. And I think I was reasonably healthy.

However....(there's always one of those) I did just eat my weight in rhubarb and strawberry crumble...I do look a wee bit pregnant atm. Oh well.

Official WI tomorrow, so we'll see the damage then I suppose.

Hope that you all have a fab weekend :)

HAHA! Of course theyy doooo! We'll just ignore the buttery-sugary goodness sprinkled all over the top and concentrate on the fruit shall we? Probably a good thing as I've eaten more of it today...

Went out for lunch for my step-dad's birthday today and had scampir and fried chips...oops.

So yeh, not a very successful day, but my WI was sts which is good as I was worried that I'd put weight on over the week.
Can't wait to just get back to the gym, then I'm guaranteed losses for most weeks...I'm rubbish as losing when I dont, lol.

Hope you've all had a nice weekend :)

An STS is a good result when you know you have not given it 100%. Next week you will do way better! I am sure of it. Good luck Emz.

Haha thanks ladies!
the truth of the matter is, I just need to get off of my arse ;)
I haven't done any proper excercise since I went to the gym a week ago, so yeh. I do blame the weather, but even on days liek today where it's been relatively sunny I've just been inside at my desk. ..
Need to retrain myself to go out for walks of an evening.

x

Well you are not helped by the weather, if we were getting lovely warm evenings we would be enticed outside.
We would normally be walking our Yorkie on the seafront in June but is just not nice enough.

Better luck next week Emz, with the weight and the weather!

Back