Pink - Tripping on pebbles rather than climbing mountains

keep at it pink, we will get there eventually and I am with you on the exercise, I havent done any for over a month since I hurt my back!!

Yeh it's nice and convenient that I can blame the weather, lol.
I will be joining the gym on the 2nd of July when I get back f
from moving house in Cardiff.

Um...so, yeh....I WAS BAD...again. Yesterday mum came back from london...with krispy kremes...I've had 2, and also an egg-custard tart...and I sort of had two dinners yesterday...one was healthy at dinner time and then mum got back from London at 8 and there was too much filled pasta, so I had some....

OH WELL. I'll just work extra hard at the gym....the krispy kremes were totally worth it...the second dinner was not.

Hope you're all well.

Krispy Kremes are defo worth the extra work :) Yum!

Hi Pink, haven't been on here in ages, hope your still doing well and hope your house move went well.
I sometimes miss living down in Cardiff although North Wales is great too of course, lol.

Krispy kremes???????....ahem :)

I've said if before and I'll say it again..I've NEVER tried a krispy kreme! and its just as well, as I'd have easily become a krispy kreme lover by the sound of it.....

The gym will save you Pink, don't worry! lol

Don't ever try them Rose...there's no going back, it's like looking into a black hole.

Hey Joh :) not moving until next Friday, but I'm heading back to Cardiff tomorrow to spend the last week with my girls before the 2 month summer hols where I'll be here on my own (Gloucestershire).
I've heard N.Wales is beautiful, one of my flatmates lives near Bangor and the photos she has of where she lives are beautiful.

S.Blomme - they're so worth it...probably...I'll let you know how I feel come WI, lol.

I went for a little walk earlier, it got cut short due to the weather, but the intent was there ;)
I did work up a sweat doing the cleaning this morning though, made myself run up and down the stairs as many times as possible rather than using a tray to carry the various cups&saucers/glasses etc.
I have eaten too much though.

Oh well.

Hope that you're all well :)

The exercise will balance out the food. Don't worry. Maybe your head just isn't in quite the right place at the moment? xxx

Stupid head. I blame my stomach personally, lol.

SO it's been ok these past couple of days. I'm back in Cardiff now for the week, which is lush!
I power-walked into and back from town yesterday (even worked up a bit of a sweat). On the downside, I had a mango and passion fruit smoothie from starbucks and a skinny latte from costa (all my mate's fault, lol). So...
Oh and I had chips for dinner...

But nah, nothing awful.

Going for a nice long walk to/through some of the gardens in town later, so that will probably be a couple of hours of walking :)

Hope that everyone's well...I'm off to enjoy the sun while it lasts :)

Hope you had nice walk Emz and good to hear you are having some fun times with friends. It's all good, can't be perfect all the time!

Hello,
So, I'm back in Glos and back on the waggon!
I've been really healthy for the past couple of days, stopped snacking and have put myself on a no-processed-foods diet. So everything is either meat, veg, fruit or wholegrain, like porrige or shredded wheat.

We moved uni house, so that involved a lot of lifting, and hauling, which is good as we had a pizza hut to celebrate the move ;)

But inspite of that, I've managed to maintain 13st 2.

Will be joining the gym this week, was supposed to go today but I was too lazy, lol....IT BODES WELL!

Well done on maintaining Pink...

My advice for the gym... try out all the machines and find the ones you like best... I HATE the treadmill so go for the crosstrainer etc instead... and the normal bike makes my ass numb so I go on the bike with the back support... it's exercising while sitting down... same goes for the rower... :D

Btw the rower works out 80% of your muscles so it has to be a good one to consider ;) Don't be too ambitious or you won't stick to it... slowly, slowly is the key... any exercise is better than none so give your body a chance to adapt and build up slowly to a more intense work out :)

Good luck x

Come on Emz, you could have a really fab result next week, go for it my lovely, imagine nudging into the 12's!

hiya pink

how many cals do you aim for a day? might try cal counting then i can have a bit of everything in moderation.

x x

Hi Pink, im doin the 'sensible' calorie thing too and usin hypno cds, less rules appeals to me, enjoy the gym.:)

Hey guys, sorry for abandoning you again!

I've been writing an essay all week and rushing before the (self-imposed) deadline. Not that that's any excise for abandoning my ladies of course!

I've joined the gym! I joined yesterday and went for the first time today, I've made Mum join too as she's put on all of the weight she lost last year whilst I was away at uni and not keeping her on track.

It's amazing how quickly your fitness abandons you! This time last year I could do half an hour on the treadmill, 45 mins on the crosstrainer and 25 mins on the rowing machine, and that was all when I was 2 stone heavier than I am now!!!!

Admittedly, nowdays when I'm on the treadmill I can run for 3-5 mins at a time (5 mins all at once for the first time ever today!!!)...but the rowing machine? I MUST have been doing it wrong last year MUST have! I can do a minute...just...if I grunt with every pull (you can imagine how attractive I am can't you!)...blimey. Oh well, it's something to work towards I suppose.

S16WD - I aim for 1200 cals a day, and generally spread them out over 6 meals (small breakfast, snack, small lunch, snack, healthy dinner, snack). I'm a grazer and seem to feel hungry 2 hours after every meal even if it was HUGE. So I've learnt from this and tried to adapt.

I'm also trying to do a no-processed-foods diet. So, I'm just eating oats and grains (like porridge and shredded wheat), fruit, veg, unprocessed meat, etc. I do on occasion have bread or cereal, but I've cut way down.
I figured, if it's not processed there can't be any hidden calories, salt, or sugar.

So yes, that's me.
I'm back home for summer, which is unbearably dull because I don't know a soul in this town (Mum moved here a month before I left for uni). but that does mean that I've gotten some writing done (maybe something for a competition) and I'm slowly ploughing my way through my 60 book reading-list for the summer.

How are you guys? I've been mooching through diaries, but I'll go and finish that now :)

Oh and I lose 1lb last week by just eating healthily (no exercise other than cleaning), so I'm down to 13st 1 and hoping to be in the 12s by next WI (Sunday).

Back