Pitta bread is BACK!!

Oh thats good. I've just signed up again & leader said that pitta wasn't on the list anymore. But just checked and the ww is still there.

Not sure if this counts as a HEX as had a wholemeal pitta from Lidl which was 7 syns, so just counted it as 1 syn and a HEX?

I love pitta bread! had one the other day with chicken and spinach salad xxx will be making pitta pizza tonight xx

Oh thats good. I've just signed up again & leader said that pitta wasn't on the list anymore. But just checked and the ww is still there.

Not sure if this counts as a HEX as had a wholemeal pitta from Lidl which was 7 syns, so just counted it as 1 syn and a HEX?

Afraid not hun - its only the listed WW pitta bread and not any other brand so you would need to syn the Lidl one in full. I suspect if you look at the ingredients they very different to the WW one :(

Oh thats a shame, ive gotten away with it this week (1st wk), will have to stock up on ww ones.

I cannot find them anywhere :-( I live in Leeds and have been to both big tescos and little ones and I haven't seen any WW pitta- not even white ones. It's a conspiracy against Leeds folk!
I miss my pitta pasty, pitta pizza and cheese and pastrami pittas.....drool

My little Tesco doesn't seem to have WW pittas anymore, I used to buy them and syn them a while back - typical! :(

OOO thats interesting, I have been trying to find things for lunch that are syn free or HE. Does anyone have any recipe suggestions for Pitta's either lunch or dinner? Thank you

OOO thats interesting, I have been trying to find things for lunch that are syn free or HE. Does anyone have any recipe suggestions for Pitta's either lunch or dinner? Thank you

Meatballs & tzatiki.

but would also like more ideas...

Yay!! Nice to see their back as a HEx but why dk SW keep swapping and changing things? They only took it off the lost when they gave put the new packs a few months ago.

Argh! SW please make a decision and stick to it, I can't keep up lol x

Yay!! Nice to see their back as a HEx but why dk SW keep swapping and changing things? They only took it off the lost when they gave put the new packs a few months ago.

Ha, I know what you mean but, to be fair to SW, it might be that WW keep changing the recipe! But then, I'm a total SW devotee, so pay no attention to me (Ha, I'm also a poet, but I didn't know it!) :D

Meatballs & tzatiki.

but would also like more ideas...

What about prawns in marie rose sauce (fat free fromage frais - or light mayo if you can spare the syns - mixed with a tiny bit of tomato puree and a touch of sweeter) with crispy salad leaves?

Or maybe make a "pizza" - top with tinned tomatoes, your HExA cheese and veg, and bake (at 200, I'd guess) for 10 mins (again, at a guess, might be less than that) and serve with salad.

Or, again, if you've got some syns to spare, Egg Pitta pockets would be lovely - hard boiled egg chopped and mixed with extra light mayo and a teeny bit of mustard, with tomatoes mixed in. Then toast and cut pitta in half, stuff a little lettuce at the bottom of each and then fill with egg & tomato mixture. That would work with tuna too, if that was within plan (not sure if it is on green).

I'll let you know if I think of any other ideas! Have to stop now, though, it's making me hungry! :drool:

Not really, these were never on the healthy extra list before. I don't think it the case that SW keep swapping things but more that manufacturers make changes to the recipes and that can have an effect on whether the product meets the requirements for being a healthy extra. So blame the manuafacturers rather then SW, who are only looking out for our losses lol :)

Whoever is to blame it would be nice for some continuity. If the recipe tastes good - leave it alone so we can still have it as a HEx then :)

Back