Pizza Express - Pollo Pancetta Salad

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
Hi all, just looking for a bit of advice really. Did a search but can't seem to find anything for this dish.

Tomorrow lunch time our team at work are heading over to Pizza Express for lunch. I've had a look at their menu and the most suitable thing for me seems to be the Pollo Pancetta Salad:

"Chicken and crispy pancetta salad with sweet peppadew peppers, sweet baby onions, vine tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, basil and mint. Finished with extra virgin olive oil & red wine vinegar and shaved ricotta salata, served with warm dough sticks."

I was thinking I could pretty much make this a pretty low Syn meal. I'm going to ask for the salad to be served without dressing, and will also leave the dough sticks.

Now, I'm just wondering will the pancetta have Syns? And what about the ricotta salata? (I'm guessing that's cheese)

Any advice would be great xx

Taken from the SW website, hope it helps...

Pollo Pancetta - Chicken, peppadew peppers, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, grilled peppers, basil and mint are all great choices. Pancetta is usually 1 Syn per slice, but this salad comes with ‘crispy’ pancetta, which means it’ll be fried, so count a Syn or two extra if you want to be on the safe side, or ask for yours without. The olive oil dressing could add quite a few Syns, as it’s hard to count the quantity used. Our most successful members tell us that they ask for dressings on the side so they can add what they like. The red wine vinegar is fabulously Free, so a good option for dressing your salad. The shaved ricotta salata is roughly 1½ Syns per tbsp, so keep track if you go ahead with a sprinkle.

Taken from the SW website, hope it helps...

Pollo Pancetta - Chicken, peppadew peppers, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, grilled peppers, basil and mint are all great choices. Pancetta is usually 1 Syn per slice, but this salad comes with ‘crispy’ pancetta, which means it’ll be fried, so count a Syn or two extra if you want to be on the safe side, or ask for yours without. The olive oil dressing could add quite a few Syns, as it’s hard to count the quantity used. Our most successful members tell us that they ask for dressings on the side so they can add what they like. The red wine vinegar is fabulously Free, so a good option for dressing your salad. The shaved ricotta salata is roughly 1½ Syns per tbsp, so keep track if you go ahead with a sprinkle.

Thank you so much hun! That's a big help.

Will remember to allow a few Syns for oil and also for ricotta salata should I choose to have any. I'll also enjoy the free red wine vinegar :drool: and leave the dough sticks - I imagine they'll be loaded with Syns!

Thanks again, you're a star xx

Thank you so much hun! That's a big help.

Will remember to allow a few Syns for oil and also for ricotta salata should I choose to have any. I'll also enjoy the free red wine vinegar :drool: and leave the dough sticks - I imagine they'll be loaded with Syns!

Thanks again, you're a star xx

What was the dish like? I am going next Wednesday so would be really useful. They have also brought out a low calorie (Less than 500) pizza. I never eat the crusts so could be a flexi syn option for me

Why flexi syn? The pizza only works out as 25 syns so can easily be incorporated in your weekly syn allowance. Haven't tried the salad myself but the pizzas are delicious!

What was the dish like? I am going next Wednesday so would be really useful. They have also brought out a low calorie (Less than 500) pizza. I never eat the crusts so could be a flexi syn option for me

It was gorgeous, I'd definitely reccommend it! The rest of the group were eating pizzas, and I didn't feel left out at all - it was sooo yummy!

The Leggara Pizzas (the ones with 500 calories) are nice too, so like you say you could always stretch to a few extra Syns that day :)

Have a great time, and whatever you decide to go for, enjoy! xx

Thank you but I won't be going now. Just had a car accident this morning and my car is a write off and I have a sore neck and shoulder :(

Thank you but I won't be going now. Just had a car accident this morning and my car is a write off and I have a sore neck and shoulder :(

Oh no!! Don't worry about your car, it's just a heap of metal. Thank God you are okay!! Big hugs to you :bighug:Hope that your neck & shoulder are better soon xx

Hi Rosie,

Sorry to hear about your accident :( I hope you feel better soon and are not shaken up by it.

I am going to pizza express tomorrow and going to have the 500 cal pizza.. That's 25 syns but if you take into account 6 syns for the cheese and deduct that from 25 that's only 19 syns so it's not bad at all!

Rozie x

Hi Rosie,

Sorry to hear about your accident :( I hope you feel better soon and are not shaken up by it.

I am going to pizza express tomorrow and going to have the 500 cal pizza.. That's 25 syns but if you take into account 6 syns for the cheese and deduct that from 25 that's only 19 syns so it's not bad at all!

Rozie x

Just be careful with that as the salad in the middle also comes with cheese on too, and a very thick, sweet balsamic dressing. Just thought I'd warn you as I don't want you under-estimating the Syn value.

Enjoy your meal xx

Thank you princess stevie.. I'll make sure they don't put anything on the salad... Cheeky monkeys aren't they!

Pizza was lovely...

I would have eaten that even if I wasn't on sw... Not too heavy, nice salad with it.. Yum.

Back