Places you don't want to revisit.

I love LA too. Yeah, the streets are dirty and full of tattoo and piercing parlours (my hubby got a peircing there!) but then it is just like London really. It is a tourist trap, cos of the whole Hollywood thing, so if you like that (like me) then you are well away! San Diego I loved too, real laid back and cool, and I loved Las Vegas, would love to go back again!!

We went to Tobago 10 years ago, and I half and half liked this holiday. I didn't like being pointed at and ignored in shops, because I was the wrong colour, but the beaches and rain forest were amazing! And I came home pregnant with my first son, so the island did something right! Don't think I'd go back though, if I'm honest!

soccermom said:
At the risk of upsetting people :eek: Benidorm.

While being stuck in Alicante with my son during the volcano incident last year we went to Benidorm for the day we left after an hour OMG never again.

I know a lot of people who go back a few times a year who say oh I didn't see the real parts, but what I did see means I won't go back.

I would definitely go back to Alicante for the weekend though. Our stay was stressful but we enjoyed our little holiday just the 2 of us and I will always cherish that little holiday with my youngest son.

Pmsl. I repped in benidorm i hated it with a passion. Concrete city tacky and just awful x

Pmsl. I repped in benidorm i hated it with a passion. Concrete city tacky and just awful x

See! I was right to hate it :D

While we were there we watched a luxury coach arrive with passengers from a thomas cook cruise ship they were checking in for an overnight stay.

I think I would have gone back to the ship. What a dive.

I think if you want to give it a third try I have to come and be your guide. I am one of the ones who love the place and do not know how many times I have visited..................

Good job we don't all like the same places we would never get hotel rooms lol !!!

Ill bare that in mind!

soccermom said:
See! I was right to hate it :D

While we were there we watched a luxury coach arrive with passengers from a thomas cook cruise ship they were checking in for an overnight stay.

I think I would have gone back to the ship. What a dive.

I quit after 3 month just couldn't stand it. Im not a snob but bloody hell its vile. Good for sitting on the front people watching tho coz u see some states lol x

Amsterdam. Yuk yuk yuk. I'm very open minded, and the red light area Didn't bother me, but I just don't get the appeal! Smelt of wee and so many dirty crack head drug pushers.

Never again!

Amsterdam. Yuk yuk yuk. I'm very open minded, and the red light area Didn't bother me, but I just don't get the appeal! Smelt of wee and so many dirty crack head drug pushers.

Never again!

My OH love Amsterdam (possibly for all the reasons you hate it :D) and keesp tell me its a very cultural city. Is he just blagging me!?!?

Well many people say the same and go back time and time again. We went on a river cruise and to the heineken museum and both were great.

But as far as I'm concerned, been there, done it and would never ever spend money going there again when I could go see somewhere different!

I suppose everybody's different and has different opinions, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone! Xx

Agree with LA, I certainly wouldn't rush back there. There was no heart to the place or any sort of central area, just miles and miles of nothing - unless I missed something. Parts of it looked like the third world!

My OH love Amsterdam (possibly for all the reasons you hate it :D) and keesp tell me its a very cultural city. Is he just blagging me!?!?

I've been and loved it :D And for the record I do not do drugs or frequent prozzies!! It's a pretty cool city, in fact, I'd love to go back, but I was looking at flight prices recently and they are very high :(

I lived in Brussels for over a year and used to hate it. Then 2 months before I was due to leave, I didn't want to go...would most definitely go back (no government and they still seem to be civilised). I just love the fashion, the laid back glamour, the very well dressed men, the architecture...I could go on.

Also been to Las vegas twice - Encore at the Wynn Hotel was just magical, wouldn't stay anywhere else now. San Francisco was amazing, Vancouver is on my "I want to live there list", as is Whistler.

Next on the list Melbourne!! My 4 year visa has just been approved! :) I hope I like it!! xx

I've been and loved it :D And for the record I do not do drugs or frequent prozzies!! It's a pretty cool city, in fact, I'd love to go back, but I was looking at flight prices recently and they are very high :(

Just get a cheap flight from Belfast to Newcastle and do a mini cruise with DFDS Seaways from Newcastle to Ijmuiden. They provide transport from Ijmuiden into Amsterdam. And from Newcastle centre to the ferry port in North Shields. You can even get the metro all the way from the airport to the ferry terminal. Might be an option.

Back