Planing menus...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Auntie Me, 25 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Auntie Me

Auntie Me Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all... just planning my menus for next week (shopping day tomorrow!) and was wondering how other people do their menus/shopping....
    For instance do you plan your evening meal first before deciding what 'day' your going to do or vice versa???

How do you do yours???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. honey74

honey74 The Original Honey!!!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    To be honest, I just grab lots of different meats and store them in my freezer then depending on the day just grab out bits and cook them up. I make sure I have lots of pasta/noodles/rice, stocks/herbs and spices, ff dairy bits and bobs and shop for fruit and veg twice a week. I works for me and is nice that you're not fixed to a meal like a hotpot when its 30 degrees outside and vice versa.

I guess that's not much help but I would say always keep a good stock of the basics then you'll be able to do anything

happy planning

xxx

4. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i do extra easy but i do plan a week of evening meals as its far easier to shop once i have done that

5. jo1977

jo1977 Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I plan the day before I do my shopping. I have a notebook, which lives in my kitchen. I write up the days at the top of the page, and split into breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks - then just fill in as I think of what I might fancy, what is in the cupboard, anything I have not had in a while, etc. Sometimes I do it for more than a week, just so I can see the variety - and I make a point of making sure I do not have the same meals on the same days every week. e.g. Curry on a Wednesday.

Hope this makes sense.

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have lots of pasta, rice, potatoes in & always buy whatever veggies I fancy when shopping. I also have some frozen peas & corn in. I buy meat & freeze it. When I get up in a morning then I decide what day I'm having;)

7. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do the same as Honey74 and make sure just to stock up on everything I normally use (AH Cous Cous, SuperNoodles, Basmalti Brown Rice, Pasta, Passata, Quark, Yogurts, Alpen Lights, Fibre Bars, All Bran Cereal, hot Chocolate, Total 0% yogurts, fresh fruit and veg, spices, freezer with different cuts of fish/lamb/chicken, Quavers, Skimmed Milk-longlife, wholemeal bread, ryvita wg crackerbread, mayo, ketchup, coke zero or diet coke, Quorn products, ice creams (mini twisters, minimilks)...and the list goes on...
    That way I can change at the last minute if I want to have an EE, Red or Green Day.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.