Planned Break

NoMorePies

Hi All,

Have you ever had a planned break whilst on SS.

I have a very special weekend coming up and after talking with my CDC she said it would be ok to come off the diet completly after Friday, enjoy my weekend - without going too mad, a few glasses of wine, red meat etc.

Then on Monday start SS as of day 1 (no bars for 2 weeks).

I wouldn't make this regular thing but I'm halfway through my weight loss (2 Stone down (6 weeks), 2 stone to go) and this seems a good way of dealing with a special event. I definaltly do not want to stop the diet completly, have no feelings about failing off the wagon and I'm really enjoying SS.

What do you guys think and have you ever done it and what was the resulting weight gain - if any.

Thanks,

NmP

Have a look at jhooker's thread, he had a week off for a rugby tour (I think!). I have planned days where I have to eat, but its usually just one day so I have a low carb meal and just increase my calories. Its working for me!

Theresa x

I do have to say exercise caution, I wouldnt break it completely as its bluddy hard to get going again, I would also say, be carful on the wine, once in a ketogenic state, alcohol is dangerous, and if you aim to low carb then you may remain in ketosis.

I know I sound like im piddling on bonfires here, but its from past experience, and I dont want to say, yep, go for it, it'll be fine, because I know many that broke it in Christmas 2006 and have never managed it again. The first time is your golden time, and there will be many special occasions when you get to goal, infact every day is a special occasion, because Im there!

If you do have to do it, then I would not go from SSing to a complete break, I would move up to 810 then 1000 and try stick to 1000 whilst away.

dont undo all the hard work put in for the sake of 2 days x

It would have to be something out of this world for me to break the pattern. So much harder to recover without straying more easily another time. I have been to a dinner party and stayed on SS + AAM (in my AAMW though) 2oz chicken fillet and a handful of babyleaf salad. I have had my family with us all week and stayed SS and I have given a dinner party on SS.
Reflect first on the importance of the weekend occasion for you to break the diet. If you think it is so important then consider damage limitation as a course of action. That way you will keep control in your head and it will help you to regain proper control after the weekend. Whatever you do, enjoy the weekend on your own terms. xx

Thanks for the advise guys, I will be very carefull.

I'm determined that it will be a very strict break, it ain't gonna be a rugby tour (well done jhooker !!).

At the moment I'm scared of food - I hated AAM week. Perhaps after this 2 day break and my determination not to go crazy and definatly return to SS on monday will help me with this fear ??

Thanks,

NMP

Back