Planned Cheat on SS to Boost Metabolism?

I think the add a meal week is good because it'll teach you to eat healthy too. You can't have much like sauces and such, so you eat the ''pure'' meat/fish/veggies. It shows you that food without a lot of add-ons can still be good. (In my small example; grilled mushrooms.. oh my, I never knew they were that good! :'))

So it teaches you a lot about food. I do get people's '''fear''' if that's how I can call it and my CDC also explained it. After seeing you can lose weight whilst eating it can be very hard to go back to a strict SS programme. That's why it's probably a good thing for some people that you can do SS for 12 weeks and not add food till the 13th week. :) For others adding food sooner helps, all depends on what's best for you I guess.. As M-azing (SP?) said we have to have an AAM week after our 3rd week according to the Dutch nutrition laws but not everyone does that.

CDCs here often advise doing it after the 6th for the reason stated above (trouble getting back to strict SS)

Anyway... what I was wondering. Why does the Dutch law say we must eat in the 4th week and the UK law doesn't? We Dutch people don't follow the 'Nice'' rules as stated above? Or am I asking something really strange... Might be asking a lot here.. please don't get out the English Law-book or anything if there's no ''easy'' answer. Was just curious actually..

I think the add a meal week is good because it'll teach you to eat healthy too. You can't have much like sauces and such, so you eat the ''pure'' meat/fish/veggies. It shows you that food without a lot of add-ons can still be good. (In my small example; grilled mushrooms.. oh my, I never knew they were that good! :'))

So it teaches you a lot about food.

And gives you a chance to reappraise your food choices of the past and for the future.

I do get people's '''fear''' if that's how I can call it and my CDC also explained it. After seeing you can lose weight whilst eating it can be very hard to go back to a strict SS programme. That's why it's probably a good thing for some people that you can do SS for 12 weeks and not add food till the 13th week. :) For others adding food sooner helps, all depends on what's best for you I guess..

I think that depends on just how much weight and how many weeks are involved. I am now firmly convinced that sole source should be followed by a week of 810 Calories every 4-6 weeks.

As M-azing (SP?) said we have to have an AAM week after our 3rd week according to the Dutch nutrition laws but not everyone does that.

CDCs here often advise doing it after the 6th for the reason stated above (trouble getting back to strict SS)

Anyway... what I was wondering. Why does the Dutch law say we must eat in the 4th week and the UK law doesn't? We Dutch people don't follow the 'Nice'' rules as stated above? Or am I asking something really strange... Might be asking a lot here.. please don't get out the English Law-book or anything if there's no ''easy'' answer. Was just curious actually..

I don't have my law books handy ;) but the national regulations are different all over the world, even though the products are, for most countries, made here in the UK by Cambridge Manufacturing, but to the legal specifications of each country, as well as the national "tastes". Tricky, isn't it?

I'm just pleased that it works so well for most people....but let us never forget that CD makes it easy but maintenance is still the hard part.

or need to increase your Calorie levels once you're heading for BMI 26....

Excuse me for hijacking the topic, but this is what I don't get: almost nobody mentions this rule here in the Netherlands! I didn't find one CDC-site that mentions this and I'm pretty sure my CDC (she just started out) never heard of this rule. We can't even have a bar, because supposedly the first 2 weeks are 'only liquid'.

It concerns me, because it's pretty important for your health. Should I start right away with a meal (als my BMI is 25.7 now), or add a bar for a week first?

hi guys. i have just gone onto 810. i wasn't losing weight any more. after an initial rather shocking gain of 5lbs over the course of two days it's now dropping off again and i have to admit i've been pants at drinking water the last couple of days. possibly moving to 1000 after a week on 810 as suggested by my cdc but will see how i go with 810 as i'm enjoying it so far. you don't get much on an evening but man does it fill me up!!

oh. and i do have a question for any cdcs. can you alternate between 810 and 1000 days? so if i go onto a 1000 next week but don't fancy it can i have my 3 shakes and an 810 meal one day and then the 1000 meal plans the next?

abz xx

Hi guys! My CDC hasn't mentioned at all about upping the calories, so I am sticking to SS+. I must say that CD this time is a lot easier than when I tried it 3 years ago when there was only SS and AAM...I was fine for the first month, but then adding food completely undid me!

I tried very hard to SS for the next few weeks after AAM but I couldnt do it. However this time adding fish chicken and a few sprouts/salad has really, really helped. I also have had a couple of high protein cheats when it would look odd not to eat, when at 2 parties. I had a couple of things off the BBQ and I chose smoked fish salad when at a leaving do this week. Not saying anyone else should do that, but I have found small low carb planned cheats invaluable....and I stayed in ketosis (and lost weight). I have not been tempted by cake or chocky or other high carb stuff, I know it's not worth it and that if I ate just one piece my diet would be blown to bits.
I suppose I might up my intake for a bit if the weightloss slows to a halt, but I am fine at the mo. Hope everyone else is good too

angie

Hi Judders , just seeing how your doing , by looking at the ticker I see very well . keep us posted

Back