Planned night away! Advice needed

fairy-mary

I'm to go on a night away on Friday to a gorgeous spa hotel with my husband. And j really want to have a nice supper and breakfast!! Any advice or tips on meal ideas to keep my on the plan. Is a glass of champagne an option?? Am day 10 SS. Lost 10 lb so far of a planned 2 st goal. Thanks ;)

Drinking on SS is a very very very bad idea, please don't do it! My best suggestion would be to go up a couple of plans while you are away if you have to take a break, but be aware it is damn hard to get back in to the swing of things after a short break.

It's up to you really, but you are doing so well so far, it is really worth coming out of SS and potentially slowing down your weight loss, or are you happy to wait a little longer to reach goal?

Enjoy yourself!

When I started cwp I had a wedding two weeks into my plan, I'd already lost 1st in them weeks and knew I had a long road ahead! (Lost 7 stone and have maintain for 1year) it was a family wedding so I went, I eat everything that was on offer and even drank a few glasses of wine (as soon as you eat something your likely to come out of ketosis so its not dangerous) didn't get weighed that week as that was my weigh in day,

So I was on plan up until the wedding and got back on no problem the next day, and when I got weighed the next week I lost 5lbs!

My motto is, don't miss the things you can't get back, I had birthdays, anniversaries and christmas off! As long as you can get back on plan the next day no harm done! Good luck and ENJOY xx

I shouldn't be saying this (I'd be kicked out & arrested if I put this on the 100% section lol) but when I did Lipotrim a few years ago I lost 3st in 3 months but from week 9 we had a day off a week (birthdays etc) and we still lost the same weight, my hubby lost even more weight than usual one of the weeks very bizzar. We got back on to it no problem too. In the end knowing that we were going to eat at the end of the week kept us going until we reached our goal. We just had very very small portion sizes and ate slowly too. Avoiding carbs is best if you can. This time round were doing 100% until week 5 when were away to visit relatives and were still going to stick to it as best we can and try and just do SS+ as we don't trust ourselves to slip down the slippery slope. Have a lovely time :) very jealous!

Enjoy yourself!

When I started cwp I had a wedding two weeks into my plan, I'd already lost 1st in them weeks and knew I had a long road ahead! (Lost 7 stone and have maintain for 1year) it was a family wedding so I went, I eat everything that was on offer and even drank a few glasses of wine (as soon as you eat something your likely to come out of ketosis so its not dangerous) didn't get weighed that week as that was my weigh in day,

So I was on plan up until the wedding and got back on no problem the next day, and when I got weighed the next week I lost 5lbs!

My motto is, don't miss the things you can't get back, I had birthdays, anniversaries and christmas off! As long as you can get back on plan the next day no harm done! Good luck and ENJOY xx

Wise words....you still have to live. Just be sensible x

Thanks guys!! Your all right! I plan to have fish and veg for supper. And eggs for breakfast! With one glass of something gorgeous instead of 3 of average!!! Thanks

Hi,

Reading this thread has really helped. I'm just over a week into sole sourcing and finding it fine.
Have been really worrying about a night out with my best friend in 3 weeks time. She is coming down from London especially to spend the weekend with me. I know I can SS most of the w/e with no problem, but we have a big night out planned on the Friday. She is a big drinker and I know I'll want to join in (first time we've seen each other in months!) I am also aware how dangerous alcohol can be in ketosis. After reading this I think I'll eat on the Friday (making sensible choices) to knock myself out of ketosis, and then enjoy a few drinks in the evening.
You are so right about only living once. I'll get straight back onto plan the next day and try to limit the damage.
Thanks guys :)

thinforthirty! said:
Hi,

Reading this thread has really helped. I'm just over a week into sole sourcing and finding it fine.
Have been really worrying about a night out with my best friend in 3 weeks time. She is coming down from London especially to spend the weekend with me. I know I can SS most of the w/e with no problem, but we have a big night out planned on the Friday. She is a big drinker and I know I'll want to join in (first time we've seen each other in months!) I am also aware how dangerous alcohol can be in ketosis. After reading this I think I'll eat on the Friday (making sensible choices) to knock myself out of ketosis, and then enjoy a few drinks in the evening.
You are so right about only living once. I'll get straight back onto plan the next day and try to limit the damage.
Thanks guys :)

Prob telling u how to suck eggs but try drink slowly as it will get in your system quicker and you will become drunk more easily. If you are planning on getting tipspy/drunk then have some carbohydrates the day before just to make sure you are definitely out of ketosis. Xx

Thanks for the advice :)

I will take it slowly, probably only have a couple of drinks as I know it could really hit me.

Well!!! We had such a gorgeous time! Shake for lunch. Then left at 4. Had massages and swimming and spa!! For supper I ordered a gourmet burger!! Ate half! My husband ate 1 1/2!! With a few chips and onion rings! Drank a mojitto and water for rest of night!!! Breakfast was a side plate of an English breakfast. No toast. With a glass of juice and I actually had a pancake and syrup with cream!! as they were making them fresh!!! Drank water rest of the day. I expected to be like starting again like day 1 again!! But I was fine. I really enjoyed the break. And didn't go crazy. And didn't let's myself feel bAd for eating!! Was right back to 100% after breakfast and feel great! Checked scales this morning and am the same. So I'm happy I got to have such a wonderful time with out feeling like a pig for stuffing my face. But enjoying what I had!!! Great!

Aww, well done for not going mental with the first sniff of food (like I'm liable to do!) Glad you had fun and are back on the wagon now. Let us know if you lose this week. Good luck :)

Weighed on Sunday and lost 4 lb that week. So that's one st down and one to go!

Weighed on Sunday and lost 4 lb that week. So that's one st down and one to go!

I think there are several of us who hate you for that. :D ;) Only kidding, just well jel. :D

Well done you! :clap: You're doing brilliantly!

Back