Planning

Lelly11

Morning, I'm really struggling with slimming world this week. I really like the plan in some ways because I feel
It encourages me to eat more healthily and I get good losses when I stick to it. However, days like yesterday make me want to jump ship. I had a really hectic day out with my bridesmaids then shopping with my mum and I'd had my b choice for breakfast (on ex easy). I was absolutely starving but find it impossible just just grab something when out and about and unplanned. We didn't really have time for a sit down meal you see :-( x any suggestions? X x x

Helen x

Can you carry anything in your hand bag? My bag is like a fruit bowl sometimes! Maybe make something up that doesn't need to be kept cold like a cous cous salad & carry some plastic cutlery. HTH x

I completely know where you are coming from. I try and take alpen light bars (2x are a healthy b) little packets of raisins a packet of quavers (4.5 syns) fruit, pasta salad, fridge raiders chicken bites (I think there about 1.5 syns a packet) But I know it's all easier said than done sometimes :0)

I also have a bag brimming with fruit but also chicken to eat on a red day or like a packet lunch that you can nibble at, but busy days can be tough xx

day 1 - 15st 7lb joined sw online 9/3/11

If you like sushi, M&S do a snack selection which is half a syn. Good for grabbing on the go rather than a big synful sandwich! Quite filling too! Then there's always the packaged fruit available to buy in most places that sell sandwiches. Something to remember if you're out and about with no supplies!

It is difficult to plan for days like this. If they don't happen too often it may be OK to treat them as a flexi day and then move on again. Don't get stressed about it, forget about it and then get back on plan.

Thanks everyone, oooh I do like Sushi! Which selection is it? x

I think it's called Sushi snack selection and has 4 rolls in it. £1 and half a syn - marvelous!

Jacket spuds with baked beans are my saviour when out shopping and need to stop for lunch.

Im always out and about and sushi is my saviour, even Tescos and Asdas are low in syns xx

I love sushi to so I must syn up some selections - like Maypole, my bag resembles a mobile fruit shop most of the time with apples and bananas and also blueberries that I keep in a little plastic bowl - when they're sweet they're better than chocolate!!!!!

I'm a massive sushi fan too; it's SO low in syns and fills you right up...and tastes ffffiiiiinnneeee lol
Also remember things like cold meat, fruit, prawns etc are great for snacks.

It's really hard when this happens, but most places have something on offer that is SW compatible! Jacket potatoes are always a good choice, homemade soups (as long as not 'cream of'), pasta in a tomato based sauce, salad with dressing on the side, steak and salad/JP, gammon and salad/JP! If on the go and not stopping for a meal, sushi is indeed a good choice, a pack of marinated cooked chicken fillets/bites, a low fat salad (tuna or chicken pasta, couscous etc). If the worst comes to the worst you can always go for the lowest fat wholemeal sandwich you can find, use 1 slice of bread as a HEXb and syn the other plus the filling. Even if you end up exceeding your syns it's not the end of the world you can cut down on syns a little on other days to compensate XXX

Back