Plateau in FIRST week!

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
I don't get it, 7lbs dropped off the first three days, then day 4 and day 5 not an ounce, not even a fraction of an ounce :cry: I've done a ketosix this morning and it's nice and mid-pink (apparently optimal ketosis.) I'm going to carry on, but I am really disheartened. Is there a way of getting off a damned plateau???

I know people say not to weigh yourself daily, but lets face it, with the excitement and anticipation of starting a VLCD and supposedly dropping weight like there's no tomorrow, it's understandable to check (with glee or disbelief) daily, at least until the novelty wears off :flirt2:

Please, please don't be disheartened :)

Weight loss is like this - fits and starts.

Physiology is complex, and this is just your body adapting to changes and stabilising.

Stay away from the scales for a few day - hard I know - and see how things go.

Best of luck :D

I'll try and stay off the scales :break_diet: (But I have no will power, hence having to abstain from food altogether!) I'll report back when/if things start moving again...

Honestly don't worry about it! Had you not have been a daily weigher and got to the end of a week and had lost half a stone in a week would you not have even chuffed?? It's still an amazing loss and you still have a few days!

I'm guilty of daily weighing and in my second week I gained 1.5lbs but by weigh day I had a big loss again!!

I know it's easy to say but dont be dishearted, I had the exact same thing happen to me in my second week, to the point I was convinced my scales were broken as it weighs in 8ths and didnt budge at all for 4 straight days, but then they moved and I lost 3lbs that week. I even bought a brand new scale just in case, but the original ones were accurate. Since then I've had at least a couple of days each week where the scale hasn't moved but by the end of the week I've had a good loss. I know we're not supposed to weigh daily but I still do as it keeps me going, but now I know that if they dont move it's only a temporary thing and they will move again.

Honestly its so hard and I have always done it but stay away from the scales! It sends your mind crazy when the numbers are not doing what your tummy feels like they should do! If you can pack them away from one week to the next it helps, I have even known people stop weighing for a month so they could see a stone off every month!

Big Sigh :thankyou: Thank you for all your reassurances people, it does make me feel better. I'm sticking to the plan, I doubt I can stay off the scales, but I will try ;-) I just so desperately want the first two stone gone, like by yesterday! (guess I should've kept my cakehole shut in the first place!) Doesn't help that it's Friday night, aka Pizza night in my house :-( I may have to run a bath, grab my book and disappear while the family eat!

Just got up and weighed myself on day 7 and have been getting on scales every day ( naughty I know) and today the scales said exactly the same as yesterday, I have lost 9.8 lbs in a week but because the scales didn't move even a tiny bit today I am upset.
I know I shouldn't let the scales rule my life but they always have, I need to promise myself that I will stay away from them some days.
Thanks for the above advice though it really helps to read other people are going through the same thing :)

It happens to me nearly every week Ali, I've had to learn to accept that my body doesn't lose every single day but overall I'm still averaging about half a lb a day in the time I've been on the diet. Today is day 73 for me and I've lost 35.5lbs as of today.

I've lost a pound a day since Monday then nothing Friday and maybe a pound today, scales were not sure! But as other posters have said I'm really happy with loosing 3lbs in my first week already and if the scales say anything lower on Monday morning bonus. I don't loose weight very quickly so I've learned to live with it a little.

Thanks for the support, I've had porridge this morning and felt like I was almost normal, :)
I'm just soooo impatient to get this off

Back