Plateau?

Fleabag

Has anyone found they plateaued at some point during DC, and if so, how did they manage this? Did the weight start to drop again after a while? Did you have to add anything in (like more exercise)?

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit, but when I dieted last year, I plateaued at a stone. I persevered for a while with no results, so decided to drop the diet for a week or two with the plan to resume and, hopefully, kick-start the weight loss again.

In the meantime, we moved office base to a business park with just one, unhealthy, butty bar and I lost my access to a greengrocer & other healthy shopping. The diet never resumed, and though the weight stayed off until after new year, it has slowly piled back on since (hence DC now).

I've lost half a stone in 2 weeks, so am wondering if my body will throw a plateau at me in another 7lb, and if it does, I want to be prepared with ammunition!

Not had this happen too much on this diet but when I was doing it before I used to have a Sunday off and eat what I likes within reason had a full roast dinner and a pudding. Didn't feel the need to eat the whole fridge or hold up the week shop but it did seem to keep the weight moving down.

I am sure someone will come along with some more ideas, keep going you are doing so well.. ;)

I did the same last year... ate healthily and kept of fats & carbs during the week and eased off a bit over the weekends with meals out & sunday dinner. I lost a stone and then plateaued. I'm sure it would've started to drop again if circumstances had allowed me to continue.

I have had a meal out this evening (a little naughtier than I'd planned as they'd run out of Melon starter), but am sticking to my DC meals on Sundays... it's not too hard to do really, as I'm only really missing out on the roasties.

Back