Please can someone help...........

Anmaloch

Hi everyone, ive been at slimming world now since August, by December i had lost a stone and now have spent the last 6 weeks completely off plan and have put all the weight back on and more :( i have taken the last 2 weeks as a holiday so i have no idea what i am now. I originally joined in january then had a break for 2 months during the summer. My consultant has been no help whatsover, she's actually annoyed me a lot - for example I booked my wedding in August and most weeks we spent talking about how that was my goal. The group dropped to about 8 people just before christmas and the support was great, then January hits and all the new starts come along. She completely cut off my friend when she was talking, she then went on to say "we've had a slimming world baby now all we need is a wedding, is anyone getting married here, no, no?" completely ignoring my friend when she was saying, yes remember Annmarie is? WTF never even apologised, she was too concerned about impressing the new starts. Sorry to rant, just feel so pissed off about it, I'd had a gain and maintain for the last 4 weeks and she didnt offer any help to me. There is another class with a new consultant on wednesday that i'm thinking of joining instead, I know the consultants good as I had her a few years ago. Should I do that then, any advice would be great cos ive been feeling like crap and sabotaging myself for ages now:confused:

Sorry to hear about your meeting. I kind of know how you feel in regards to going from a small group to a big one, in a small one you can't hide can you?
I would say give another meeting a go. Maybe start as a new number, I've been there and know how demoralising it is to see your book when you've pur back on. You've made the first steps now so go do it :)

I'm trying a new group tomorrow as I like my consultant but not gelling with the group. We can do it!!!

I think a good consultant is half the battle, they really have the power to build you up. I think you should definitely try another group, you are paying them money, you should get the value out of it! Agree with the advice that you should start as a new member, really make it a fresh start and will help you draw a line under your past bad experience.

try the new consultant my lovely.

and tell us about your wedding....i love weddings.

xxx

Thanks everyone, think i will start new again, then i'll get some new certificates! i took mine off the fridge when i put it back on :) as for my wedding its on the 9th august and i've got about 2 stone at least to lose, hoping the support on this forum will help me instead :) are there any free joining adverts the now, just trying to save the pennies for the wedding lol

agree with trying another group hun, it is difficult at the beginning of the year with all the newbies, be a newbie yourself, go in with a fresh open mind and get to your goal for your wedding xx

I'd had a gain and maintain for the last 4 weeks and she didnt offer any help to me.

A good start would be to post up your food diary and people here will be able to help you. In the space of four weeks you really should be making some progress so how about you post up here an honest account of what you're eating and then at least you can be given feedback.

Also, if you're not happy with your SW leader then you need to change to another group.

I know what you're saying about not liking your SW leader. I am attending a huge group (about 50 members) and I don't like it at all. All our leader does, after 45 minutes of weighing is go through all the members and ask about their weight loss and applause after each one told. That's the meating...if you got a question you got to text him and he replies within a week...really don't think so...think I need to find a new class!!!

I've used to go to a class many years ago but really disliked the leader so when I decided to go back I changed to a different group in a different area. It really seems to help. I am more motivated this time - it is a large group and because of the day the class is on I very rarely stay to the group session afterwards as I have other committments on the same night, but just having a new group leader seems to have made all the difference.

Thanks for all the advice, I went tothe new group this morning and it was great, the consultant even remember me from 3 years ago! also i'd lost a pound :D I dont really want to post up a food diary cos i know what i did wrong, i didnt stick to plan at all so I'mm deffo going to stick to it this week, its already 7pm and ive not even had a syn yet - hope this motivation lasts, it just what I was needing, 24 weeks to lose 26lbs BRING IT ON :) :)

Hi everyone, ive been at slimming world now since August, by December i had lost a stone and now have spent the last 6 weeks completely off plan and have put all the weight back on and more :( i have taken the last 2 weeks as a holiday so i have no idea what i am now. I originally joined in january then had a break for 2 months during the summer. My consultant has been no help whatsover, she's actually annoyed me a lot - for example I booked my wedding in August and most weeks we spent talking about how that was my goal. The group dropped to about 8 people just before christmas and the support was great, then January hits and all the new starts come along. She completely cut off my friend when she was talking, she then went on to say "we've had a slimming world baby now all we need is a wedding, is anyone getting married here, no, no?" completely ignoring my friend when she was saying, yes remember Annmarie is? WTF never even apologised, she was too concerned about impressing the new starts. Sorry to rant, just feel so pissed off about it, I'd had a gain and maintain for the last 4 weeks and she didnt offer any help to me. There is another class with a new consultant on wednesday that i'm thinking of joining instead, I know the consultants good as I had her a few years ago. Should I do that then, any advice would be great cos ive been feeling like crap and sabotaging myself for ages now:confused:
I have red a few post's about people are unhappy with their consultant's, I have to admit I think some people are only doing it for the money, and not to help people loose weight, The money should be a added bonus, better the consultant bigger the group more money they will earn in the long run!! Are there any other SW groups or a different day that you could attend? (not the answer I know) I think based on the last two years of doing social side 90% of people drop out of club's when the novelty wear's off (jan feb ), The regular member's in this time can unfortunately be left out.
I hope you find a solution hun , Good luck :) x

Thanks for all the advice, I went tothe new group this morning and it was great, the consultant even remember me from 3 years ago! also i'd lost a pound :D I dont really want to post up a food diary cos i know what i did wrong, i didnt stick to plan at all so I'mm deffo going to stick to it this week, its already 7pm and ive not even had a syn yet - hope this motivation lasts, it just what I was needing, 24 weeks to lose 26lbs BRING IT ON :) :)

Well done on the 1lb loss, that's a step in the right direction!
Eventhough you know you didn't lose because you went off plan that is in the past now. If you want to lose going forward a diary is still a good way to keep on the straight and narrow as it will help you see what works and what doesn't and means you can look back on really good weeks and see what you did. Keep an open mind about doing one!

you can lose the 26lb!!!! even if you maintain losing 1lb a week you'd of almost hit your 26lb target!!!!.

good luck love.

I went to a group for a while lose half a stone and left as the consultant was not helpful at all, the group was small as well so there was no excuse to rush things. It only went on for about half an hour. I moved house and decided to try again, much heavier this time and with a new group. the consultant is a million times better and the group is much larger but it doesnt mean we lose out, everyone helps each other and nearly everyone has a question to ask. It goes on for like 2 hours (including weighing) but its so worth it and I actually look forward to going now. :) Its a shame some Cs aren't what they could be, but its a good job I didnt judge the whole of SW from that one, otherwise I wouldve never gone back :D
Good luck!" X

Back